[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Ford F-150 owners out there?

TimC

She's trying to talk me into this. Link

Gonna trade in my Black '94 Corvette since I only put 50 miles a year on that. They've reduced the price about $1k off that. It's got nice chrome exhaust with a nice V-8. It's a 2001-FORD F150 XLT SUPERCAB 4WD with 113,000 miles on it. It's in beautiful shape and I just need a beater and will probably only put a few thousand miles a year on it. Only issues I see are a small dent by the front light. Interior is perfect.

I've always been a Chevy guy, of course, but they make a million of these Fords a year (aren't they the highest selling trucks?) so they can't all be bad.

but they make a million of these Fords a year (aren't they the highest selling trucks?)

Not if you put Chevy/GMC together.

Hey, I am the first to tell you that anything cheap enough is a good deal, if they're only taking a grand off, you can pay less IMO.

Why are you trading in the vet and not selling it? Right there is a net net loss of a couple thousand, unless the hassle is worth that much $$ to you, in that case, f off rich puke. :wacko:

She's trying to talk me into this. Link

Gonna trade in my Black '94 Corvette since I only put 50 miles a year on that. They've reduced the price about $1k off that. It's got nice chrome exhaust with a nice V-8. It's a 2001-FORD F150 XLT SUPERCAB 4WD with 113,000 miles on it. It's in beautiful shape and I just need a beater and will probably only put a few thousand miles a year on it. Only issues I see are a small dent by the front light. Interior is perfect.

I've always been a Chevy guy, of course, but they make a million of these Fords a year (aren't they the highest selling trucks?) so they can't all be bad.

Send me a PM on the particulars of your vette. My next door neighbor was looking for a vette about the age of yours, but had no luck finding one. If the price is right, he may come pick it up...who knows....worth the shot!

I love my F-150 ... 169,000 miles on it no issues other than normal wear and tear

Gas mileage sucks though

Ditto. I love my truck. '98 F-150 with about 145,000 miles on it. Never had a major issue (well, have replaced the transmission back at 36,000 miles, but that was a freak accident with some road debris and nothing to do with the truck) and it is still running fine (knock on wood).

Do you need a truck for hauling stuff in the bed or towing? If just towing, there are lots of deals to be had on SUVs and the gas mileage is usually better. I've got a Grand Cherokee with the high performance V8. It will tow just about anything and I average over 20 mpg. 95% highway driving. My dad has the new F-150 Lariat. Beautiful truck but the gas mileage is terrible.

Bought a used car once. Sticker sd 11.9, on sale for 10.9. The salesman called me in and sd that he wanted to see how skinny he could get on it and after seeing how much he had invested into it, sd he would sell it to me for 7800. I bought it.

I don't mean to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy pissin match, but I own a chevy silverado and we run a mix of fords and chevys at work. In my experience, the fords are underpowered, and get poorer gas mileage in comparison to similiar size chevy/gmc trucks. The couple of dodge trucks we run have great power, and get about the same mileage as the fords. Price is key of course.

I've had just about every truck you can drive, even a freakin Isuzu. I keep coming back top the F-150. They're dependable, usually rugged enough to do all the piddlin stuf you'll do around the farm, and if you get the one you pictured with the extended cab, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. I currently own a 2002 Lariat with about 115K on it. It runs better (more comfortable) than Mrs HRs RAV4 so we drive the truck on vacation.

Gas mileage does inhale vigorously. I get about 16 around town and 18 tops on the highway. But being rich and all, who cares about gas. :wacko:

Toby Keith likes'em.

Edited by The Holy Roller

I don't mean to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy pissin match, but I own a chevy silverado and we run a mix of fords and chevys at work. In my experience, the fords are underpowered, and get poorer gas mileage in comparison to similiar size chevy/gmc trucks. The couple of dodge trucks we run have great power, and get about the same mileage as the fords. Price is key of course.

Our company has a small fleet of 15 trucks. We used to buy Chevy / GMC up until the late 80s. Ever since then we have bought F-150s. It is true Chevy's have more power, but I'm not sure about the mileage. The Chevy's have larger engines. The Fords tend to be about $5000 cheaper over the life of the truck, due partially to initial cost, but also to lower maintenance costs.

I'm a firm believer in Ford products. I flipped a 1992 Bronco, had to replace every piece of body work on it, but it didn't even crack a motor mount. All of the damage was cosmetic, there was no structural or mechanical damage.

Ditto. I love my truck. '98 F-150 with about 145,000 miles on it. Never had a major issue (well, have replaced the transmission back at 36,000 miles, but that was a freak accident with some road debris and nothing to do with the truck) and it is still running fine (knock on wood).

I had to replace the gas tank for a similiar reason ... on the way to work I ran over road debris (a muffler) and punctured the tank. I was not aware I punctured the tank until I got to work ... opened the door, heard the tank draining, smelled the gas.

I have a 97 extended cab XLT 2wd with just under 180K on it. I've put an alternator on it and one sensor. I am religious about the maintenance, but I wouldn't be afraid to get in it right now and drive to kalifornia. I get about 16.5 around town, and 20 on the highway (4.6 auto). But then, my Dad has a 96 Chevrolet nearly identically equipped. It has over 320K on it. It's had the whole fuel system replaced (injectors, fuel pump, etc) and the guts of the rear-end (ring & pinion, both axles) and the radiator and water pump. I've always been a Ford guy but I don't think he's spent over $5K in repairs to get over 320K miles. Neither truck owes either one of us a dime.

I'd stay away from an auto-trans Dodge, but other than that any of the full-size trucks are going to take care of 99% of a normal american's needs for years and years and 200k+ miles if they are well-maintained and not abused.

ETA, like H8tank, I've sold them and I've worked on them. Opposite H8 I'm partial to the Ford, but wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them if the deal was right ('cept an auto-trans Dodge)

Edited by westvirginia

Okay, thanks to all...but no deal on the truck. They pulled the bait and switch. They had told her it would be $5,000 out of my pocket after looking at the Vette. I considered that pretty fair. She had been doing all the legwork since I don't have time. Now, we get it in writing and it's $7,000 out of my pocket. I turned and walked. The guy didn't budge an inch. He owned 3 Vettes himself and was real nice. But I'm not getting raped by anyone. Oh well, lots of trucks out there and they're heading down instead of up. This is why I let her do all the prelim work cause I don't have time for the verbal commitment to say one thing and the hard numbers to say something else.

Shiz, I don't wanna deal with selling the Vette privately...too many tirekickers out there that have always wanted one, but don't want to put the money down on it. I've got better things to do than have every redneck around these parts coming over to dog on it in a test drive. Trust me...that'll happen.

Agent, I just need a truck to haul mulch and plants and Lowe's stuff. Need a bed....no SUV's. I don't really need a 4WD around here, but the three or four times I do use it, I'll thank goodness I have it. I'll keep looking. This was the first one we had seriously checked out. Thanks all.

CD, your truck is way more expensive than I need.

Oh, and H8er...I'm far from rich. :wacko:

What is your other vehicle besides the Vette right now? Did you ever consider getting a small trailer and a 4 wheeler? If you have a vehicle, any vehicle that will pull a trailer, getting a trailer and a 4 wheeler would be cheaper than what you are looking at. You can get a new 6X12 trailer with a tailgate ramp for about $1,000 to $1,200. You can haul more crap in it than in a truck bed, and you can use the money you saved to buy a 4x4 ATV which could pull the trailer around your property.

What is your other vehicle besides the Vette right now?

Ummmm, another Vette. :D

Did you ever consider getting a small trailer and a 4 wheeler?

I have a lawn tractor and a trailer so am good to go once I get the stuff to my property.

If you have a vehicle, any vehicle that will pull a trailer, getting a trailer and a 4 wheeler would be cheaper than what you are looking at. You can get a new 6X12 trailer with a tailgate ramp for about $1,000 to $1,200. You can haul more crap in it than in a truck bed, and you can use the money you saved to buy a 4x4 ATV which could pull the trailer around your property.

I have no vehicle currently to tow anything. I got rid of my truck about 18 months ago when it cost more to fix it than it was worth. It was a rusted old beater big-time. :wacko:

Reason being is my Dad was going to give me his pick-up truck due to failing health. My Mom wanted to take the truck away from him. We did it once for about 6 months last year and he basically threw a fit and my Mom caved in. I've avoided buying another truck (which I need badly but have borrowed his when I need it) up til now thinking my Dad's health will eventually cause him to hand over the pick-up truck that my Mom doesn't want him to drive. I'm caught in the middle of this, but like the good son I am, I'm keeping my eyes open and my mouth shut. Anyways, I was hoping his health would get worse sooner rather than later, but the tough SOB has just about made a full recovery so I'm through waiting and am gonna get my own truck. Nothing in my life can be simple. :sigh:

Edited by TimC

Go Honda. Best vehicles on the road. By far.

Sorry.... couldn't resist. But that is my honest opinion.

If I bought a Honda and accidentally tapped the Vette in the garage, do I need to yell "Tora Tora Tora" first? I don't know what Jap protocal is.

If I bought a Honda and accidentally tapped the Vette in the garage, do I need to yell "Tora Tora Tora" first? I don't know what Jap protocal is.

That's actually one of my favorite movies, so yes, by all means. And make damn sure to get that Honda fixed first.

Go Honda. Best vehicles on the road. By far.

Sorry.... couldn't resist. But that is my honest opinion.

I was one signature from leasing a Ridgeline. They are gorgous trucks that have power and ride like a dream. Unfortunately they get awfull gas milage.

CR, if I drive through Rednecksville, Virginny (where I currently reside) in a foreign pick-up truck, I'll have to choose from the following:

-What the hell is that emblem on that picky-up truck...made in New York City!! Git him!!!!!

-Only steers and queers drive a foreign truck...and I don't see no horns on ya, boy. Git him!!!!

-Yer truck sure is purty like a girl...can I have sex with it? Git him!!!!

God, I hate rednecks.