[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My new best Buddy

satelliteoflovegm

whats the top speed? I dont take the highway, but I have a steep hill, and roads that I need to go 60 on to get to work.

No way that thing hits anywhere near 60. Based on the few that I see around Pittsburgh, I am thinking maybe 35ish. I do see one going up a hill that seems to keep up with traffic but that traffic is only doing about 25 when I see it.

whats the top speed? I dont take the highway, but I have a steep hill, and roads that I need to go 60 on to get to work.

From all I have seen I think 60 may be a bit tough to achieve. Most will do it but they don't feel like they are built to withstand that type os speed very often.

A quick look brought me to this.

Edited by tbimm

I weigh over 250 and it goes 55 with me. Top speed, depending on conditions is 50-65mph. The great thing is the acceleration. You can leave cars in the dust at lights. The 125 is highway legal and requires a motorcycle liecense. I won't go on the highway though, maybe for one exit if I had to, depending on time of day. The ones you see going 30ish are 50cc which most if not all are limited to 30mph.

You can get a 150cc or 250cc which are still scooters. They make sccoters that are 650's. Of course mileage suffers as comfort goes up.

I have a couple streches to work that are 55. Mostly 40 and 35 and it does awesome. Keeps up with any street bike in the city. :wacko:

They just did a story on NBC Nightly News...featuring a couple of "Buddys" in the B-roll. Saw a SYM which are good also. Kymco, SYM, and of course yer Japanese make fine scoots.

I went to Honda and Yamaha's websites last night. I could get a brand new Nighthawk for half the cost of a highway-legal scooter. I think I'd rather get the full bike.

I know I've seen these on the road before, but it says they aren't available until later this year. :wacko: