[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate the rookie RBs...

Someone

What order will you draft the following rookie RBs?

Jonathan Stewart

Darren McFadden

Matt Forte

Kevin Smith

Rashard Mendenhall

PPR and non-PPR designations would be helpful.

Thanks.

Edited by Someone

Re-Draft:

]Stew ( :wacko: )

McFadden

Forte

K.Smith

Mendenhall

I'm not sure if PPR is significant until we see how these guys are implemented. So with that, I would rank them the same for both PPR-NonPPR.

Keeper:

Stew

McFadden

Mendenhall

Forte

K.Smith

I want to see Stewart completely healthy and see how much work Williams is going to take before I fall head over heels in love with Stewart. I'm also curious to see just how the work assignments will break down in OAK. I've already registered that I'm not sold on Williams or Mendenhall until they prove me wrong. I could see either Hightower or Torain sneak into the top 4 this year, with Rice a darkhorse to crack the top 5.

Redraft:

Forte'

McFadden

Stewart

Mendenhall

Smith

Dynasty:

Stewart

McFadden

Forte'

Mendenhall

Smith

PPR Re-draft:

Smith

Stewart

Forte

McFadden

Mendenhall

Non-PPR Re-draft:

Smith

Stewart

Forte (closer to Stewart this time, though)

Mendenhall

McFadden

PPR Dynasty:

McFadden

Stewart

Smith

Mendenhall

Forte

Non-PPR Dynasty:

Stewart

Smith

McFadden

Mendenhall

Forte

Redraft: McFadden then Smith then Forte.

But McFadden is over-valued from what I can see by people hoping for another Peterson-ish season, so likely if anyone it'll be one of the other 2 on my team.

Chris Johnson scares me a little. He was a combine hero as was his teammate Chris Henry the year before. These guys are track stars, not football players. Michael Bennett ringing any bells?

I have watched video on Chris Johnson, and I have yet to see him break a tackle, or run through a defender. YouTube him and you will see all of his highlights are him running around people. You can't do that in the NFL like you can in college, just ask Reggie Bush.

The plus side to Chris Johnson is that if you want to take a chance on him, you can get him in late rounds of snake league's and fairly cheap in auction leagues.

Absolutely comical responses. If McFadden is rated as a 10, the next closest (probably Stewart) is about a 6. Situations are overrated in the NFL. In the end, the NFL almost always comes down to god-given talent, especially at the RB position. McFadden is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of talent. He isn't on the top of any of of these lists previously posted. What a joke. Guys, quit reading so many cute articles and simply watch more football. I don't care how much opportunity Forte has, he doesn't have the talent to be a "stud" in any format. Stewart is vastly over-hyped. He has the size and speed, but doesn't run as aggressively as he should. Mendenhall has the talent to succeed eventually but won't have the opportunities this year to be a major contributor to your fantasy team. The lack of talent evaluation has actually got me quite baffled. How could anyone possibly watch these players play and not come away thinking McFadden is the pick of the litter? Again, it tells me that people are reading more than watching. Either that, or they need to change something about the way they watch football, because this is absolutely ridiculous.

ETA--I haven't yet seen McFadden go in the first round, and actually it is seldom that he goes in the 2nd of a re-draft league. Therefore, he will be the steal of this fantasy season. Big talent. He will step in and stud out.

Edited by Seahawks21

Absolutely comical responses. If McFadden is rated as a 10, the next closest (probably Stewart) is about a 6. Situations are overrated in the NFL. In the end, the NFL almost always comes down to god-given talent, especially at the RB position. McFadden is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of talent. He isn't on the top of any of of these lists previously posted. What a joke. Guys, quit reading so many cute articles and simply watch more football. I don't care how much opportunity Forte has, he doesn't have the talent to be a "stud" in any format. Stewart is vastly over-hyped. He has the size and speed, but doesn't run as aggressively as he should. Mendenhall has the talent to succeed eventually but won't have the opportunities this year to be a major contributor to your fantasy team. The lack of talent evaluation has actually got me quite baffled. How could anyone possibly watch these players play and not come away thinking McFadden is the pick of the litter? Again, it tells me that people are reading more than watching. Either that, or they need to change something about the way they watch football, because this is absolutely ridiculous.

ETA--I haven't yet seen McFadden go in the first round, and actually it is seldom that he goes in the 2nd of a re-draft league. Therefore, he will be the steal of this fantasy season. Big talent. He will step in and stud out.

or maybe they are actually WATCHING and dont see McFadden breaking tackles and going down on first contact....and maybe they realize that defenses in the NFL have the type of speed to deal with a type like McFadden....Maybe they have watched enough football to understand that the Raiders will probably struggle offensively with Jamarcus taking over the reigns this year. Or maybe they are the same guys that didn't have Reggie Williams at the top of the WR class a few years ago. :wacko:

edit: bolding for darin :D

Edited by keggerz

or maybe they are actually WATCHING and dont see McFadden breaking tackles and going down on first contact....and maybe they realize that defenses in the NFL have the type of speed to deal with a type like McFadden....Maybe they have watched enough football to understand that the Raiders will probably struggle offensively with Jamarcus taking over the reigns this year. Or maybe they are the same guys that didn't have Reggie Williams at the top of the WR class a few years ago. :D

:wacko: How much SEC football did you really watch? McFadden broke tackles and did not always go down on first contact. Plus, dude's in SEC, the fastest defenders in the country call that conference home. How much faster will the NFL really be? :D

:wacko: How much SEC football did you really watch? McFadden broke tackles and did not always go down on first contact. Plus, dude's in SEC, the fastest defenders in the country call that conference home. How much faster will the NFL really be? :D

notice that i said maybe THEY watched....never said I watched much of McFadden (but I will say that the little film I have watched does give me pause) :D

:wacko: Some video of Adrian Peterson gave me pause, too...

really? not me(but going to minny did give me some)...but hey that is what makes this sport fun...i think

Edited by keggerz

really? not me(but going to minny did give me some)...but hey that is what makes this sport fun...i think

Perhaps I should have put more emphasis on "some"... it was really sparse. :D But I think you can look up college footage of just about every stud ever to play in the NFL, and I'm sure you can pick up on a few things that make you "give pause". :wacko:

Watch it, Buckeye fans may be lurking.

Stewart is the #1 guy for me simply because he can already pass block and he will be on the field a lot. Forte and Smith will get touches and McFadden is bound to make plays, but JStew is #1 in my book.

Were you in the VIkings' warroom when they drafted Williamson? He's fast so he must be good too.

Edited by MikesVikes

Saved for posterity. I seem to remember hearing a lot of similar condescending rhetoric a couple of years ago about this guy named Bush... This ought to be great fun to revisit - especially since you love to give yourself a pat on the back any time you happen to stumble into an accurate prediction.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Says the man that wont finalize the bet that McFadden will be top 7 overall by years end. :wacko:

or maybe they are actually WATCHING and dont see McFadden breaking tackles and going down on first contact....and maybe they realize that defenses in the NFL have the type of speed to deal with a type like McFadden....Maybe they have watched enough football to understand that the Raiders will probably struggle offensively with Jamarcus taking over the reigns this year. Or maybe they are the same guys that didn't have Reggie Williams at the top of the WR class a few years ago. :wacko:

edit: bolding for darin :D

:D

or maybe they are actually WATCHING and dont see McFadden breaking tackles and going down on first contact.

Then they weren't watching McFadden very closely and were instead listening to the NFL Network talking head who admitted he actually watched little footage of McFadden.

Edited by Flyman