[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flip Flops

Skilly

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin...is today the one day of the year you wear flip-flops for 3 minutes? :wacko:

We can actually get a good 3-4 hours in before going back to swampers and parka.

I'll wear em to the pool or out to get the mail, but that's it. I actually listened to a group of chicks at work the other day complaining about guys wearing flip flops. All were in agreement that guys should not wear em in public, and that seeing dude's feet was a big turn off. Something for you single fellas to think about.

I have some nice leather flip-flop sandals I wear in the summer sometimes. I have no problem with flip flops, except at work. They don't belong on people's feet in an office, period. This is a trend that bugs me.

Used to wear sandals, but gave flip flops a chance when I got a nice pair from Columbia on sale towards the end of the summer three years ago. I love them wear them often over the summer. I will not go back to sandals as they make you look older than you actually are, plus the flip flops are easy on and off. :wacko:

Skilly is smart. Flip-flops are the spawn of the debbil. Unless you are actually ON the f'n beach, you are a hugh psycho homo wearing them in public. Just become a lesbian already.

I have been validated. THANK YOU TimC!

Note: I do own a pair of leather sandals that I wear to the beach and pool, but I only wear them with my black dress socks and jean shorts. :wacko:

Never wore em, then moved to the Philippines and had no choice, bought half a dozen pairs of Crocs, now I'm back in KY and I still wear em everywhere. Easy to slip on, comfy, and pretty much everybody here wears em.

Wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Jorts, however. Although at our local Walmarts, Jorts and wife beaters are the most common combination of attire. Nothing screams redneck like jorts, a wife beater, and a cell phone in a holster hanging from the front pocket. All too common here.

"The simple, unadorned look says something like 'I just got out of bed to get some coffee and didn't feel like getting dressed up and I had these lying around from last weekend's trip to the beach, so leave me alone,'" he said.

"But when flip-flops start using a lot of leather and are more than just a stop-gap measure until something more masculine can be found, it smacks of a contrived effort to look casual, and is a little feminine to boot. If one doesn't have a sense for these distinctions, I'd say its better to avoid them all together. Did Ronald Reagan or John Wayne ever wear man sandals? I doubt it."

"They're not something a man wears," said Matthew T. O'Neill, an emergency-room doctor in New York. "It's baffling to see all these guys walking around wearing them with all the [dirt] that's around here on the streets in this city. This isn't some tropical island paradise. This is New York. Flip-flops aren't combat boots — they're not manly."

"They're non-manly for casual wear," added New Jersey lawyer David A. Brooks. "I wear sandals, but not flip-flops. I use flip-flops as my shower shoes at the gym."

Link

I am a member of the Facebook club called: "I Dont care How Comfortable Crocs Are, You Look Like A Dumbass."

Of course... I am wearing crocs right now. But, I don't plan on leaving the house.

Dont try and lump Crocs into a thread about Flops. I wear my Doc flops all the time. I had the same pair of Reef's for like 6 years. They get sooo comfortable, I was pissed when I lost em. If you get a decent pair of flops they dont make any noise either unless you try to run. Crocs are the fashion equivilant of the Fanny Pack, IMO.

I'll wear em to the pool or out to get the mail, but that's it. I actually listened to a group of chicks at work the other day complaining about guys wearing flip flops. All were in agreement that guys should not wear em in public, and that seeing dude's feet was a big turn off. Something for you single fellas to think about.

Lol, I guess if you have busted feet and nails.