[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre tells packers he's reporting to camp

SuperCharger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to start for Green Bay. He's reporting to force a trade, not to take over the spot again. Every bridge has been burned. I suspect the Bucs will have a new quarterback shortly.

ESPN is reporting that the Packers gave the Jets permission to talk to Favre. Not sure they gave the Bucs permission yet.

ESPN is reporting that the Packers gave the Jets permission to talk to Favre. Not sure they gave the Bucs permission yet.

:wacko: After the Jets specifically said that they had no interest in him. I'd actually welcome a trade to the Jets, especially if they're giving up a 2nd round pick for him. That and he'd be in the AFC, getting dominated by Richard Seymour twice a year.

good for him. No way they're paying a guy $11mil to hold a clipboard.

Just before Favre threw James Campen under the bus didn't Campen say if pressed they'd have to play him?

Time to sell Favre high and buy ARod low. :D

See if I can get some chumps :wacko: I mean other players to trade.

I agree, which is what I meant about them not paying him $11mil. This will work out well for everyone as GB will actually get something of value out of it.

I say that he should go play a year in ATL. I'm not sure it's best for Farve, but it's good for NFL and ATL.

No way he comes to ATL, we've been sold on Ryan down here by Blank and Tommy.

I agree, which is what I meant about them not paying him $11mil. This will work out well for everyone as GB will actually get something of value out of it.

I say that he should go play a year in ATL. I'm not sure it's best for Farve, but it's good for NFL and ATL.

He already had a year at ATL, and I highly doubt he would want to return.

Just before Favre threw James Campen under the bus didn't Campen say if pressed they'd have to play him?

Time to sell Favre high and buy ARod low. :D

See if I can get some chumps :wacko: I mean other players to trade.

ARod plays for the Yankees. Nimrod plays for the Packers! :D

So Atlanta pays Matt Ryan 60+ million and he gets no playing time this year? Favre will play this year, then retire... That would put Matt Ryan as the starter next year with no experience. Matt Ryan is going to start that last 6 or so games of the season. Favre isn't going to take a week off or be pulled from a game.

He's going to go somewhere he believes is really lacking a passing game... I think in his mind it's Tampa Bay with his connection to Gruden, Washington with his connection to Zorn via Holmgren, or Philly with Reid... I think the Philly connection is insane, but I've heard from multiple outlets that Green Bay has contacted them... And now I guess New York is in the equation. I think they're not too close for a playoff run, but they have brought in some nice pieces through free agency and the draft...

He's not going to start for Green Bay. He's reporting to force a trade, not to take over the spot again. Every bridge has been burned. I suspect the Bucs will have a new quarterback shortly.

This is exactly what I was going to post. Not a betting man but if I were I'd lay money that Favre is a Buc by the end of the day today. I'd not let him step one foot into camp.

I do wonder tho... can the J-E-T-S (suck suck suck) negotiate a 3rd pick to GB and then turn around and trade him to MN or wherever for a 2nd?

:wacko:

Easy there, noobie-donkey boy...what's your team done in the past decade??

IN-COM-PLETE (ghey-gheyer-gheyest)

ARod plays for the Yankees. Nimrod plays for the Packers! :D

Not that one. The one that throws TD passes at the Metrodome. :D

:wacko: Well he hasn't thrown any yet but soon it'll be raining football over there.

I thought he never submitted retirement papers, so I don't think he would need to submit unretirement papers.

The Packers put him on the reserve/retired list. So Favre can appeal for reinstatement, which negates the reserve list. Though the commish does nt have to approve the appeal, the appeal would just be a formality now.

I don't know why Buffalo hasn't been mentioned as a possible suiter. GB would be able to trade him to an AFC team. You've got the Favre Jauron connection from back in Jauron's GB days. The team was 8-8 last year and should only be better this year with or without Favre. Favre wants to play in a cold weather climate and it doesn't get much colder than Buff in Dec. I think Buff makes more sense on paper than TB.

Edited by Capt. Stanky