[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre tells packers he's reporting to camp

SuperCharger

Oh hell no...no way. I'd take him over what we have in a heartbeat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3504613

Jets get permission to talk to Favre...!

It's really not that far-fetched or even wrong...the Jets had Favre all but drafted. They had a deal in place with the Cardinals to move above Atlanta and take him. But the Cardinals made a selection, instead of a trade, when their turn came up.

To end his career where it should have started is a-ok in my book.

No, no, no, you're thinking of it as a Jets homer... Something was wrong when Emmitt Smith wore a Cardinals jersey, I'm sure the home town fans would like it, but it would be wrong...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have some leverage and that is it.

Whatever team he goes to has to take on his 12 mill contract, correct?

Depending on the team, I think they may want to renegotiate that before making a trade. If he doesn't want to go there, he refuses to redo his contract.

Whatever team he goes to has to take on his 12 mill contract, correct?

Depending on the team, I think they may want to renegotiate that before making a trade. If he doesn't want to go there, he refuses to redo his contract.

No. I would think he'd have to agree to a new contract. I would expect about $3 million. I think they'd have to making his retirement a $9.5 million loss.

Why did he retire? I still don't get it. He said he felt pressured when McCarthy called him once a week. DE's are trying to drive him into th turf but McCarthy pressured him? :wacko:

Tell the team you can't decide. I'm still waiting for him to explan.

No, no, no, you're thinking of it as a Jets homer... Something was wrong when Emmitt Smith wore a Cardinals jersey, I'm sure the home town fans would like it, but it would be wrong...

Why?

Joe Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Title game. Let the player decide what's best for his legacy.

When you think of Emmitt what do you see? He's still a Cowboy in everyone's eyes but maybe a few misguided Cards fans. Let them play if they want to.

I can see it with Namath and OJ maybe. They were hurt beyond recognition. But Bill Walsh said(before OJ was a killer) that having him there halped his team. Just being there was worth it.

It's a little uncomfortable for some homers, but so what.

These players gave a lot to the fans. Why can't the fans deal with seeing them in another jersey. Give something back to the players. Let them play. When I see Montana I still see in a 49er uniform.

Take $12 million and hold a clip board, no problem for me there. If GB feels Brett can't do it anymore, trade him wherever he wants. I'm sure KJ will feel motivated against the Lions but they did the right thing. Felt he couldn't help them as wanted, let him sign where he wants. GB needs to decide, he's our starter, or if not good enough, why worry where he plays?

Edited by Chief

According to Michael Smith, the Packers are looking for a 1st round pick for Favre. If TT can somehow pull that off, I'd be pretty impressed. A 2nd or 3rd seems more realistic.

A 2nd and conditional 6th would be nice too.

Favre's the one to blame for all this drama, certainly not the front office. If I was Green Bay and I could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick I would jump at it. Steal!

Its true. What a distraction. Its like Favre is the new T.O

Why?

Joe Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Title game. Let the player decide what's best for his legacy.

When you think of Emmitt what do you see?

I think of them both as niner's/cowboys players, but after that I remember the few years I watched them in other jersey's... It didn't look right then, and it won't look right now. If Ted Thompson can get a 2nd I'll be ecstatic though. Make no mistake, I have no problems with a trade, I just don't think Favre will look right in another jersey...

GB should apologize to Favre, admit they screwed up and let him play. :wacko:

Right... So Favre should be able to quit 3-4 times and the Packers are just supposed to let him come and go as he pleases? He's a player, he's not the franchise. He can talk his sulking somewhere else.

How pissed would Green Bay be if they traded Brett to the Bucs or Jets and they turned around and traded him to the Vikings? Minnesota has been known to be creative. (See the Hutchinson poison pill.)

It's not going to happen in this league... Teams would burn bridges with other teams, and would suffer what I can only imagine to be a massively horrible poison pill.

:wacko: Favre showing up a camp reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George goes to work at that place and pretends that he works there. Can't remember some of the lines off my head...........somebody help me out here.

the penske file.

"of course, you are aware ..."

How pissed would Green Bay be if they traded Brett to the Bucs or Jets and they turned around and traded him to the Vikings? Minnesota has been known to be creative. (See the Hutchinson poison pill.)

I can almost guarantee that the Packers can and will write prohibitive language into the trade agreement; i.e., "We, the Jets, agree to never trade Brett Favre to any team in the NFC North, and we will not trade him to any NFC team before July 2009."

Tin-foil hat here... Jets give the only offer, 3rd pick. They trade Farve to the worst team in the AFC, say, the Raiders for a 2nd, who then trade him to the Vikes for a 1st.

:wacko:

And the Packers trade the 3rd from the Jets for Adrian Peterson... Both are just as likely to happen.

Tin-foil hat here... Jets give the only offer, 3rd pick. They trade Farve to the worst team in the AFC, say, the Raiders for a 2nd, who then trade him to the Vikes for a 1st.

:D

Read the fine print.

It says if he plays more than 3 games in the state on Minnesota the Jets give up 12 first round picks.

The Vikings could always move their home games. :wacko:

Favre: I'm not reporting to camp yet

By Greg A. Bedard

Sunday, Jul 27 2008, 06:33 AM

Green Bay - Quarterback Brett Favre said he will not report to training camp today as he gives the Green Bay Packers some time to work on his exit from the team, according to a story posted on SI.com's website early Sunday morning.

"I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved. I agreed to do that," Favre told Peter King. "I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.

"I've also spoken with Commissioner (Roger) Goodell a couple of times this week, in hopes that he could be some sort of arbitrator in this. I hope he can be.''

Favre told Goodell he and the team were "at an impasse" and Favre wanted his outright release.

Also, Favre freely admitted he spoke to both Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress and quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell but flatly denied they did anything that amounts to tampering.

"I have no qualms about admitting I talked to them,'' said Favre, who was interviewed by Milt Ahlerich, league's vice president of security. "Talking with Milt, he said, 'Brett, did they entice you?' I said no, 'I don't need to be enticed anywhere.' They absolutely did not entice me to come to Minnesota.''

Favre to Jets now doubtful

By Lori Nickel

Saturday, Jul 26 2008, 06:35 PM

The New Jersey Star-Ledger is reporting that a deal between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Jets regarding quarterback Brett Favre is now unlikely.

The paper writes: According to someone with knowledge of the talks between the Jets, Packers and Favre's representatives, any chance of a deal between the Packers and Jets is "very remote."

A source close to the quarterback concurred Saturday afternoon, calling a trade sending Favre to to the Jets "doubtful."

:wacko: Favre showing up a camp reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George goes to work at that place and pretends that he works there. Can't remember some of the lines off my head...........somebody help me out here.

"Well, bear in mind that I am in the smaller office."

"Grace had a birthday today and...I made a little toast"

"I'll take the smaller office...I like to feel cozy and nestled. Loooove to be nestled."

"Ta-ta...Tut-tel..."