[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre tells packers he's reporting to camp

SuperCharger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly diminishing your legacy in GB for a year or two with the Jets? :wacko:

I don't think it's a question of possibly diminishing a legacy... He's past that. At this point it's just how much.

HEY! What is with all this Jets bashing????

Even die hard jets fans like yourself has to see something wrong with Favre wearing a Jets jersey.

Even die hard jets fans like yourself has to see something wrong with Favre wearing a Jets jersey.

It's really not that far-fetched or even wrong...the Jets had Favre all but drafted. They had a deal in place with the Cardinals to move above Atlanta and take him. But the Cardinals made a selection, instead of a trade, when their turn came up.

To end his career where it should have started is a-ok in my book.

I think Atlanta makes sense. All too often has a #1 selected QB been thrust into starting too soon for an eventual flame-out. There'd be no doubt as to the 'post-Vick' era down there either. The only tangle would be if he wanted to play more than 1 year, then yes I'd say he's in Ryan's way. But not with 1 year only.

KC makes sense as well, though I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk in this area.

I think Atlanta makes sense. All too often has a #1 selected QB been thrust into starting too soon for an eventual flame-out. There'd be no doubt as to the 'post-Vick' era down there either. The only tangle would be if he wanted to play more than 1 year, then yes I'd say he's in Ryan's way. But not with 1 year only.

I

KC makes sense as well, though I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk in this area.

Both those team $uck and have terrible Offensive lines. I would be very surprised if he would agree to be traded to one of those teams.

QUOTE (LordOpie @ 7/25/08 11:57am)

I do wonder tho... can the J-E-T-S (suck suck suck) negotiate a 3rd pick to GB and then turn around and trade him to MN or wherever for a 2nd?

No.

Why not.... not familiar with the rule that would apply here. Salary Cap??

Well the team made an effort to get younger, trying to have no players over 30. Brett Favre in KC would be awesome and the fans would go crazy, but it would NEVER EVER happen.

QUOTE (LordOpie @ 7/25/08 11:57am)

I do wonder tho... can the J-E-T-S (suck suck suck) negotiate a 3rd pick to GB and then turn around and trade him to MN or wherever for a 2nd?

Why not.... not familiar with the rule that would apply here. Salary Cap??

There would likely be a clause in the trade saying something like if he plays more than 8 regular-season games outside the state of the team he is traded to in 2008, the compensation to the Packers would greatly increase - with this poison pill being the deterrent.

Both those team $uck and have terrible Offensive lines. I would be very surprised if he would agree to be traded to one of those teams.

I'm beginning to believe he's not going to have much say in his trade. If they won't let him play again in GB he can keep turning down trades until he's blue in the face but it won't get him back on a field where he wants to be.

I'm beginning to believe he's not going to have much say in his trade. If they won't let him play again in GB he can keep turning down trades until he's blue in the face but it won't get him back on a field where he wants to be.

Agree that he won't be able to pick and choose where he goes, but i think he'll be able to avoid situations that will make him look foolish (i.e. KC, Atl)

The circus that is the Green Bay Packers continues. A legend tarnishes his image . How bad is it to be a Packer when one of their most beloved figures in their franchise history is making a mockery of their organization. :wacko:

The circus that is the Green Bay Packers continues. A legend tarnishes his image . How bad is it to be a Packer when one of their most beloved figures in their franchise history is making a mockery of their organization. :wacko:

I'd submit that with the bogus cell phone story they're doing it to themselves.

I would be very surprised if he would agree to be traded to one of those teams.

Why would he get a say?

Didn't he retire, and then unretire? And wasn't this after he spent the last nine offseasons (or something like that) mulling retirement?

Didn't the Packers draft another QB to bring in after he "retired". Didn't they already bite the big one paying a first round QB to sit on their bench for 4 years when Favre was "probably" gonna retire a few years ago?

If he wants, nay DEMANDS a trade, it should be for whomever the Pack can line up, and for whatever they deem worthy compensation.

Count me as one who is not gonna cry along with Favre the next time he retires, or the time after that. Dude has turned the Packers into the Desperate Housewives.

Guy was awesome once, but he's average (maybe average +) now, not worth all this high school emotion.

Edited by Bengal Mania

Why would he get a say?

Didn't he retire, and then unretire? And wasn't this after he spent the last nine offseasons (or something like that) mulling retirement?

Didn't the Packers draft another QB to bring in after he "retired". Didn't they already bit the big one paying a first round QB to sit on their bench for 4 years when Favre was "probably" gonna retire a few years ago?

If he wants, nay DEMANDS a trade, it should be for whomever the Pack can line up, and for whatever they deem worthy.

Sounds like if he is traded to a team he doesn't want to go to, he would re-retire instead.

Isn't GB right on the cusp of making it to a SuperBowl? Wouldn't Favre give them a better chance to win it this year than ARogers? I'm just a bit confused by all the Packer backers here. The goal each team has before the season starts is to win a superbowl. I would have Rogers hold a clipboard for yet another year. He's far from a guarantee to be a good QB.

But then he could possibly re-un-retire if that team shows its serious about winning by trading for Randy Moss.

I think Dr. Phil is needed here.

Well, then you can kiss Favre and the Jets good bye. Belicheat and Mangenius are as likely to be trading partners as Peeps and Tonyr0802 are to kiss and make up!

:wacko:

:wacko: Favre showing up a camp reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George goes to work at that place and pretends that he works there. Can't remember some of the lines off my head...........somebody help me out here.