[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm 40...what do you have for breakfast?

tazinib1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinnamon/apple flavored oatmeal... supposed to be good for you, and doesn't taste half bad.

This is what I have most days.

Everyday I have egg whites, and turkey with spinach in a wrap. delicious

This sounds like something I should be having. Sounds great. What do you use as your wrap?

This is what I have most days.

This sounds like something I should be having. Sounds great. What do you use as your wrap?

Its a paper thin whole wheat wrap.

I'll be giving this a try. :wacko:

Great. I think you will like it. remember its Turkey Breast not Turkey bacon. Spinach leaves , egg whites. Cook em all together then wrap it up. Good stuff

Great. I think you will like it. remember its Turkey Breast not Turkey bacon. Spinach leaves , egg whites. Cook em all together then wrap it up. Good stuff

This has actually given me an idea. I can't stand spinach so I thought to myself: What about cabbage? Hmmmm...then I thought about some corned beef with some egg whites and cabbage in a roll up. I'm salvatating now. I love me some corned beef!!!

McD's Bacon/Egg/Cheese bisquits

... what I had for breakfast today :wacko: a rare, but tasty treat.

When I do eat breakfast, it's usually cold cereal - sometimes a healthy bowl of Kashi - other times a not-so-healthy bowl of froot loops or other sugary kids cereal. What the hey, it's fortified and I'm not 40 yet. :D

Noting is better for you for breakfast than oatmeal and some eggs. Gives you good slow digesting carbs and solid quality protein.

But, if you are not concerned about having a quality breakfast, have whatever you want.

Alternatives to the oatmeal is shredded wheat or even Cheerios, cream of wheat, etc.

Not much beats eggs in terms of quality protein, but you could always mix up a good breakfast shake. Use the pasteurized egg whites as the liquid for protein (or milk, but the eggs are technically better for you), add in some fruit, maybe some whey protein for a quick digesting protein source and some ice cubes to thicken it, blend and enjoy. You can also put oatmeal into a coffe grinder to grind it to a powder and add that in to get the good slow digesting carb source, but I personally don't care for the taste of it added in to my shake

Taz. I would also get into a routine of taking 1 or 2capsuls of metamusil a day. Its good for you

Clinical studies have shown that 7 grams of soluble fiber from psyllium husk, as found in Metamucil, taken daily as part of a heart-healthy diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol.

Eat like a king at breakfast, like a prince at lunch, and like a pauper at dinner. At least that's what someone here said. So I've been eating a big ole three egg omelet with 4 oz of my favorite cheese, mushrooms, and some homemade salsa. And a quart of water. Good till lunch.

Edited by The Holy Roller

I'm kind of a fitness nut, so this probably isn't what you are looking for, but a protein shake (1/2 whey 1/2 caesin) keeps me going until my mid-morning yogurt. A protein bar if I'm in a rush.

Yup. I have a protien shake, a banana and some juice before work, and then take my coffee with me. The protien is the key---it will satiate you and keep you from feeling hungry. Then, like the good Dr. above, ya gotta have a mid-morning snack. Fresh fruit, granola, yogurt.........just find something that is low in calories. I usually have something like baby carrots and some yogurt.

It's just a routine you have to get in.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Like I said earlier, I'm not over-weight, but I can feel my metabolism slowing and I think its time I start thinking about what I should be eating. I'm not saying that McD's is gone forever, but I think the amount of times I frequent fast food joints has got to be reduced.

Some really good alternatives have been listed (expect the spinach wrap :wacko: , I can't stand the stuff or to even smell it) that I can start to build around. Again, thanks for all the reply's.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Like I said earlier, I'm not over-weight, but I can feel my metabolism slowing and I think its time I start thinking about what I should be eating.

Do you exercise? That'll jack your metabolism back up so you can continue drinking beer and eating junk food. Plus, you can tell your significant other that you're doing it all for her (or him :wacko:). That may increase certain secondary benefits. :D

ETAQ: M-F I have a granola bar and (lots) of coffee. On the weekends we cook breakfast as a family; what we eat varies from a simple bowl of cereal to corned beef hash, eggs, and grits (and coffee).

Edited by yo mama

Do you exercise? That'll jack your metabolism back up so you can continue drinking beer and eating junk food. Plus, you can tell your significant other that you're doing it all for her (or him :wacko:). That may increase certain secondary benefits. :D

ETAQ: M-F I have a granola bar and (lots) of coffee. On the weekends we cook breakfast as a family; what we eat varies from a simple bowl of cereal to corned beef hash, eggs, and grits (and coffee).

Now we're talkin'!! :D (Assuming they're not instant grits... :D )

Mondays, Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays I eat a Power Bar Recovery bar after my workout then a bowl of high fiber cereal after my shower. Right now, that's Honey Bunches of Oats with Vanilla Clusters. I eat an apple for a snack at about 10:30. I'm 5'11 and weigh 163. In December of 2006 I was down to 118.

On Saturdays if I get up early enough I sneak out to Jack in the Box for an ultimate breakfast sammich add mayo with a large Dr. Pepper.