[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Milestone

BillyBalata

Apparently it was 30 years ago today that it was my first day working for the company I still somehow manage to work at now. :wacko:

Back then...there were 28 people working here. Now...there are over 300.

There's going to be cake and ice cream in the lunch room at 2 this afternoon. :D

That must be a cool company to work for. :D

Well, I wouldn't go that far... :D

Turns out there wasn't any ice cream. :wacko: . I did get a $300 gift certificate for giftcertificates.com.

Overall it was kind of cool though. The guy that owned the company when I started there 30 years ago, eventually sold it to Glenn Taylor about 18 years ago for about 20 mill. He showed up which was pretty cool. 3 past presidents of the company were there. Two old bosses that had retired came back along with some other employees that I used to supervise before they retired. Very surprised to see some of them. It was fun to see some old faces. Only two people have worked there longer then I have. One gal who I graduated high school with is still there. She started 6 months before I did. And my old boss who worked there for 42 years before he retired a while back.

Well, I wouldn't go that far... :D

Turns out there wasn't any ice cream. :wacko: . I did get a $300 gift certificate for giftcertificates.com.

Overall it was kind of cool though. The guy that owned the company when I started there 30 years ago, eventually sold it to Glenn Taylor about 18 years ago for about 20 mill. He showed up which was pretty cool. 3 past presidents of the company were there. Two old bosses that had retired came back along with some other employees that I used to supervise before they retired. Very surprised to see some of them. It was fun to see some old faces. Only two people have worked there longer then I have. One gal who I graduated high school with is still there. She started 6 months before I did. And my old boss who worked there for 42 years before he retired a while back.

I'd have gone on strike about there being no ice cream. :D

I don't hit the big 50 even for another couple months. The ability to start thinking of retirement isn't even on the horizon yet.

:wacko:

Uhhhh... you're coming to Vegas for WCOFF, right? Please do me a favor and fill the following form out. TIA.

THE HUDDLE'S OFFICIAL WCOFF - OLD PERSON WAIVER

DATE: __________________________

I, __________________, hereby release any and all culpability of the likes of twiley and H8tank, when it comes to the overwhelming preponderance of the imbibing of alcoholic beverages. I also hereby declare that I will not slip any Metamucil mickey (AKA "Mickeymucil") into any of the younger Huddlers' drinks. That would just be wrong.

Please note the following:

* The Huddle, it's agents and assigns, and anyone else going to WCOFF, are not responsible for:

~ penguin sightings

~ vomit on feet

~ lost shoes (or dentures)

* The official bedtime for the senior Huddle WCOFFers is 10:30pm. Should you want to extend your "up time", please consult a younger Huddler for flashlight-pupil test

~ Note: Official "nap time" is 2:30-3:30pm

* The Huddle WCOFF group cannot guarantee the availability of the following:

~ Afternoon TV (Matlock, Judge Judy, old episodes of Password, etc.)

~ GILFs

~ Denny's

~ Peppermints

I have read and understand the following stipulations, and I will see your young azz in Vegas!

Signed,

(Sign here. Please, no hieroglyphics)

------------------------------------- DETACH HERE AND BRING TO VEGAS --------------------------------------------

:D

that is very nice and says a lot about you

:wacko: