[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever been fired?

Atlanta Cracker

I think it was my first job. I was 15 and me and two buddies went to work for a guy in the summer building swimming pools. We did all the manual labor. It was pretty brutal.

My 2nd or 3rd day on the job he sent me to the convenience store down the street in his truck to pick up refreshments. Mind you I wasn't legal to drive alone at the time so this was my first time doing so. While turning around to leave the store I backed the rear end of the truck off a 3' wall and had to get help pushing it back up while gunning it. The truck vibrated in a way I can't even describe because apparently the drive shaft didn't appreciate the encounter. You should have seen his face as I pulled up. This didn't get me fired but did cost me my first paycheck for the new driveshaft.

The following week we were all taking a drink from the hose that was filling the pool so that dirt could then be backfilled around the walls. I was last and apparently didn't put the hose deep enough into the pool and it managed to wriggle out overnight. The area to be backfilled with dirt was backfilled with water and he had to get a sump pump to empty it out. That was my last day...

Yep, fired once. Summer job in High School at an upscale fancy sandwich shop with weird names for their sandwiches. They offered zero training and just stuck yer ass back there and the waitresses started throwing orders at ya...in the weird names. I had no clue what they were so just started throwing whatever on the sammiches. The waitresses felt bad and would come back and try and help. I actually lasted a week before getting fired with my first paycheck in hand. God knows what some people got on their sammiches. :wacko:

I vowed then to never make a career out of the service industry.

Quit before I was fired...A fat ugly bitch was my boss at a bank.

I aboslutely hate her till this day and I never wanna see her again. She was a demon woman from hell!

Worst job I ever had. Its very hard to work in a place you feel so uncomfortable in. Me and her always clashed

Yep, fired once. Summer job in High School at an upscale fancy sandwich shop with weird names for their sandwiches. They offered zero training and just stuck yer ass back there and the waitresses started throwing orders at ya...in the weird names. I had no clue what they were so just started throwing whatever on the sammiches. The waitresses felt bad and would come back and try and help. I actually lasted a week before getting fired with my first paycheck in hand. God knows what some people got on their sammiches. :D

I vowed then to never make a career out of the service industry.

You can make me a sammich any time Tim. :wacko:

My first job while still in high school was telephone soliciting for subscriptions to the local newspaper. I was actually pretty good at it. I would work from 4PM to 8PM Mon-Fri and I would usually get between 4 to 10 subscriptions per shift.

One night I was just having a bad stretch. After 3 hours, no orders - nothing. I guess I was getting frustrated. Then I call this woman who had a voice like Fran Drescher (whiny, nasal) and she just pushed my buttons. She droned on & on with reason why she would NEVER take our paper and I cut her off by blurting out loud "F&*K YOU, BITCH" and hung up.

About 15 minutes later, my boss comes over to my cublicle and says "Did you just call a Mrs. so & so and cuss at her and call her a bitch?"

And I thought - crap, I'm gonna get fired. But I knew better than to lie, so I admitted it was me.

And my boss said "Well, you're our #1 salesperson, so -- don't do that again. Now, get back to work"

One summer, I had the most cush job you can have. There was a Health Club with not enough parking and needed someone to sit out there in a chair from 4pm-8pm everyday reminding people that they might get a ticket or get towed if they parked in the red zone. Because I was a kid, people generally knew better than to bother venting on me. It was $8/hr plus free membership. Which wasn't bad digits in 1986 for a high school kid. Everyday, I'd hang out at the beach until around 2pm, go to the gym, work out, get cleaned up, work for a few hours and then go meet my friends wherever the party was. Perfect summer job.

Then the f'ers finished building their new parking lot so they didn't need me any more. I got a "raise" of .50 an hour and a new position. Janitor. Well, that wasn't exactly what I signed up for and I guess my performance sort of reflected it. They "let me go" a month or two later.

I was fired from CVS.

I asked to have my hours reduced so I could take on an after-school activity... and the manager said, "Nah... you're fired."

I was never really sure about why that happened.

The stupidest situation I've ever been in was when I went for an interview with a company in Boulder, and they took me back, talked for an hour about how unqualified I was and how they didn't need anyone anyway, and then sent me home. It was like getting fired from a company I didn't work for. They went out of business 6 months later.

The stupidest situation I've ever been in was when I went for an interview with a company in Boulder, and they took me back, talked for an hour about how unqualified I was and how they didn't need anyone anyway, and then sent me home. It was like getting fired from a company I didn't work for. They went out of business 6 months later.

Dude, that is a total Seinfeld happening right there. :wacko:

I got a job at a local Safeway as a bag boy when I was 14 or 15. Part of my job was to do bottle/can returns in the back of the store. Well, since we crushed all the bottles anyway, I would take the liberty of doing it myself, throwing bottles halfway across the back room against a brick wall located just above the bottle bin. I did this for several days until the regional manager walked into the back one day during this process and was sprayed by a nasty old bottle of Rainer Beer. I thought it was hillarious....too bad my dad didn't think the same. I still chuckle about that when I think about it.

I got fired once while nekkid. My girlfriend had spent the night so I didn't go in. They called and fired me over the phone while in bed. Hated those bastages anyway :wacko:

Did she feel guilty? Wow that sounds like it had great "I'll make it up to you" all over it.

Yup, used to work as a wireline engineer. Went down to Texas for 6 weeks for training. My Edmonton Oilers had just finished losing in the Stanley Cup finals so we went out boozing it up. This guy from Kahazkstan drank way too much so we carried him up to his room in a shopping cart we found outside. *Not smart*

Dude wakes up while we are on the way to his room and takes a swing at me. Mind you he's loaded and I'm not. I easily dodge the punch and drop him like a bad habit *Not Smart 2*. The ruckus wakes up some old lady and she comes out to chew me and my buddy out. Kahazkstan guy slithers into his room to avoid the chewing. I was a little mad that she assumed that it was all my fault for the ruckus so I wasn't exactly courteous *Not Smart 3*. Turns out she was the head of research for the company. As a gag, we ditch the shopping cart in a buddy's room who was out getting laid *Not Smart 4*.

Fast forward to the morning, our training leader comes in and takes a group picture, I knew it was coming. Old lady points me, my buddy and the Russian guy out of the picture. Flights are booked for the next morning home for all three of us and I knew what was coming. Me and the rest of the Canadian guys sacked up and blew the rest of our American cash on strippers and booze. Funny thing is that, the other instructors (not the leader) helped me out with leads on new jobs while we were at the strip club.

I face the music back home with my boss and he canned me. A couple years ago, I didn't share the story with anybody because the whole circumstance really bothered me. But now that I am in a different position, I'm 100% happy that I didn't stick with wireline. Makes the story alot easier to tell.