[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What has stood out to you at these 2008 Olympics?

millerx

For me...

Black people are really FAST! No, I mean... They are REALLY, REALLY, FAST!!!

I mean disproportionately FAST!

Every track race their seem to be at least 8 out of 10 that are black (and sometimes all 10) in a race, and they finish like 1-8....

Edited by millerx

In reality, what has shocked me has been how bad the US sprinters have been. How in the f' do both the men's AND women's 4x100 meter relay teams drop the f'ing batons while leading in the preliminaries?

There was a piece on NPR this afternoon about just that.

Apparently, the fastest runners in a relay always run the anchor leg. So, those people are good at *taking* the baton, but have no experience at *giving* the baton. The Olympic competitions take 4 of the fastest guys and put them together, so 3 guys that never have had to hand off before are suddenly have to perform this skill. American athletes tend to have individual coaches and trainers and don't practice together enough, so lack of experience and practice breeds problems. It's been that way for years, but we value individual performance over the relays, so nobody does anything about it.

What has stood out to me at these Olympics is the cheating Chinese bastards.

For me...

Black people are really FAST! No, I mean... They are REALLY, REALLY, FAST!!!

I mean disproportionately FAST!

Every track race their seem to be at least 8 out of 10 that are black (and sometimes all 10) in a race, and they finish like 1-8....

Jimmy the Greek would agree with you. Just ask em.

the fact that I have not watched more than 5 minutes of the Olympics......this has stood out the most...

all I know is this Phelps guy can walk on water and Team USA Basketball is killing everyone...

oh and some coach had his relative stabbed by some Chinese man...

The dominance of the Jamaican sprinters. Somebody is suspicious of these athletes - they've been drug tested a ton. Hope it's all legit - Bolt was amazing.

How much better looking the women volleyball players are on the court than off. I guess all that skin is distracting - off the court some of them are :scary:

Of course Phelps - just wow. Yeah, the guy is a gifted freak of nature - but he didn't cave under serious pressure. :D

The US track team largely blew chunks. :wacko: Unusual.

The US womens softball team lost. :D Also unusual.

well the US basketball team finally "got it" (ie just being the most talented in the world is no guarantee of winning, you have to play defense and practice together) perhaps the US track team will "get it" (though the US has been efing up batton passes since the olympics began so don't hold your breath)

What has stood out to me at these Olympics is the cheating Chinese bastards.

i also can't believe no one is making a bigger deal of this. there's no way that gymnast He Kexin is 16. i also love that the chinese response has been, "whaaaa? how would we fake a passport? it's simply not technologically possible -- not to mention highly unethical!"

The fact I'm watching the 50k walking race?

Usain Bolt was sick and amazing. Michael Phelps was sick and amazing. The HD makes all the sports look sick and amazing. Otherwise, meh.

Edited by godtomsatan

Men's synchronized diving. I never knew such a thing existed until I caught 30 seconds of it by accident while flipping. I'm still wiping the gay off me. It won't come off. Even a brillo pad attached to a flaming olympic torch won't scrub the that out of my eyes.

Men's synchronized diving. I never knew such a thing existed until I caught 30 seconds of it by accident while flipping. I'm still wiping the gay off me. It won't come off. Even a brillo pad attached to a flaming olympic torch won't scrub the that out of my eyes.

:wacko:

1) How are BMX racing, synchronized diving and table tennis freaking Olympic sports - and softball and baseball are no longer?????

2) The American gymnasts are hawt

3) Swimming, volleyball and gymnastics have been incredible to watch

4) Professional athletes have NO BUSINESS participating in the Olympic games

5) The IOC is an ansolute joke...bitching about Bolt but allowing the Chinese to laugh in everyone's face

6) China should be ashamed of themselves, for their cheating and for their politics (censoring the press, treatment of individuals participating in the opening ceremony, etc) and someone in power needs to grow a pair of ba11s and do something about it

7) It is clear...crystal clear, in fact, just how much this country is villified around the world

That said... :D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns:

Edited by The Wolf

soccer question.....whats the difference between olympic soccer and the world cup? which one is better to win??

World Cup.

The Olympic teams don't have all the "bigger" names from each country. Just a few of them (from what I can tell).

Edited by BiggieFries

World Cup.

The Olympic teams don't have all the "bigger" names from each country. Just a few of them (from what I can tell).

And there is the Olympic rule that only 3 players can be over 23 years old per team.

The fact I'm watching the 50k walking race?

I watched about 2 minutes of that, and I saw 3 people get disqualified for walking too fast or something.

What a freaking retarded sport. Hey guess what, if you want to win the race, try running! Oh, wait... that's illegal for some reason. Click.

I watched about 2 minutes of that, and I saw 3 people get disqualified for walking too fast or something.

What a freaking retarded sport. Hey guess what, if you want to win the race, try running! Oh, wait... that's illegal for some reason. Click.

They have to keep a walking motion usually by having at least one foot on the ground at all times (somewhat akin to swimming where you have to maintain a legal stroke method for that particular race) , and there is a strike every time that is violated,and 3 strikes and you are disqualified.

World Cup.

And there is the Olympic rule that only 3 players can be over 23 years old per team.

completely forgot about the no-pro thing :wacko: