[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Vikings week

Randall

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I've been waiting for Gustav Frerotte to come in....I think Tav has sucked.

Up until the pick he was doing exactly what was expected of him. Don't make mistakes and let the running backs do what they do. He was driving me crazy when he would take off and convert first downs with his legs.

Just put the flags away.
That was a terrible no call.
Man, the penalties are getting insane.

No other comments on the refs? I thought they were pathetic - more than a couple of the holding calls were ticky-tack, and they screwed the Vikes over on the replay (that was a catch) and the no-call on Harris holding Wade's arm.

Ugly, ugly game.

It all comes down to this...Vikings D line had ZERO sacks and Vikes D had ZERO turnovers...

pathetic...Jared Allen got pwned again by Clifton...

Congrats Packers, you outplayed us tonight...Tarvaris sucks balls

We're used to it, so it's really a non-issue...at least Al Harris wasn't spearing for the knees, so I guess I'm happy AP walked out of there without a ligament torn.

Tough game to predict... a lot of unknowns, as was mentioned earlier. Honestly, I could see either team winning this in a blowout. Minnesota runs crazy and Rodgers struggles, or the Vikings' pass offense is so inept that they can't score, and GB blows them out by default. However, here is my gut feeling:

GB defense contains MN's running game, "limiting" Peterson/Taylor to around 170 total yards combined.

MN pass offense struggles big-time, with the exception of a couple of screen passes to the backs and maybe one big catch by Berrian.

Rodgers manages the game (and avoids turnovers) just enough to keep it close.

Turnover late by MN (maybe Tarvaris) opens the door for a GB win.

GB 20

MIN 16

Edit: Spelled Jackson's name wrong the first time.... :wacko:

Not exactly perfect, but not too far off either.

The Packers played horrible at times and still managed to pull it out against what some are touting as the best team in the NFC... I think it says something if you can play this bad and still win. What a heck of a game.

Who? I've heard people say MN has the best defense in the NFC (which I don't agree with), but the best team?? Run D is really good at times. Pass D is brutal, for the most part. Best team overall? Haven't heard that one yet.

Vikes need a QB to contend for the playoffs, and right now, they don't have one. Jackson is a poor man's Vince Young. And their pass defense is still nothing to get too excited about.

GB should have won tonight by two TD's minimum. Penalties kept MN in the game... and the sad part is that the refs actually missed 2-3 blatant ones that should have gone MN's way.

If either of these teams make the playoffs, they'll be non-factors. Chicago may very well win this division (although I would not have said that prior to last night).

GB should have won tonight by two TD's minimum. Penalties kept MN in the game... and the sad part is that the refs actually missed 2-3 blatant ones that should have gone MN's way.

...but the flip side is that at least 2-3 of the GB penalties we actually got a replay on looked kinda ticky-tack.

I certainly think both teams should be sending in tapes to the league office and complaining about the officiating crew.

OH MY GOD!!!! THE PACKERS HAVE THE BEST OFFENSE IN THE NFL!!!!! BOW DOWN EVERYONE!!!! AARON RODGERS IS THE NEXT COMING TO CHRIST!!!! WOW!!!! WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Stay classy Valhalla :D

you forgot the yawn in my quote...

Did I get that right on the Ellipses pirate you POS?

Wow... I don't think I said anything offensive in this thread at all, but I'm a POS :wacko:

I guess I've made quite the impression on you.

Once again, stay classy Valhalla :D

Although I have to give you a mark for mis-spelling.

It's ellipsis.

Edited by piratesownninjas

...but the flip side is that at least 2-3 of the GB penalties we actually got a replay on looked kinda ticky-tack.

I certainly think both teams should be sending in tapes to the league office and complaining about the officiating crew.

Fair enough... Not the most cleanly officiated game, that's for sure.

Who? I've heard people say MN has the best defense in the NFC (which I don't agree with), but the best team?? Run D is really good at times. Pass D is brutal, for the most part. Best team overall? Haven't heard that one yet.

Vikes need a QB to contend for the playoffs, and right now, they don't have one. Jackson is a poor man's Vince Young. And their pass defense is still nothing to get too excited about.

If either of these teams make the playoffs, they'll be non-factors. Chicago may very well win this division (although I would not have said that prior to last night).

ESPN's pre-game on Sunday had each analyst's predictions... Tom Jackson came out and picked them. Almost everyone has picked the Vikings to win the North and at least be the no.2 seed. They may still do that, and I think it's an impressive win and certainly something that can build Rodgers confidence a bit which never hurts.

Jackson made some mistakes but he also made a lot of plays out of busted blocking by the offensive line. He was getting pressured on nearly every passing play and could have easily been sacked 4-5 more times than he was. Instead of getting sacked, be usually turned those busted plays into first downs on his feet. I think the Vikings lost this game in the trenches with the line play on both sides, although Jackson will get all of the blame.

It all comes down to this...Vikings D line had ZERO sacks and Vikes D had ZERO turnovers...

pathetic...Jared Allen got pwned again by Clifton...

Congrats Packers, you outplayed us tonight...Tarvaris sucks balls

+1 maybe I was fortunate to not be able to watch the game since I was working, but was following it on the computer.

Tough game next week too. Looking at being 0-2 if they continue to play like that.

ESPN's pre-game on Sunday had each analyst's predictions... Tom Jackson came out and picked them. Almost everyone has picked the Vikings to win the North and at least be the no.2 seed. They may still do that, and I think it's an impressive win and certainly something that can build Rodgers confidence a bit which never hurts.

Jackson made some mistakes but he also made a lot of plays out of busted blocking by the offensive line. He was getting pressured on nearly every passing play and could have easily been sacked 4-5 more times than he was. Instead of getting sacked, be usually turned those busted plays into first downs on his feet. I think the Vikings lost this game in the trenches with the line play on both sides, although Jackson will get all of the blame.

I guess I'm just not buying it... Adding J. Allen doesn't fix the non-existent passing game. Tarvaris made something out of nothing by running a few times tonight... I'll give you that. I just don't think their passing game is good enough to be competitive in the NFL, much less the playoffs. The only reason they won 8 games last year was their ability to stop the run, and the fact that a lot of teams could not stop them from running. Passing-wise, they're the worst in the league, on both sides of the ball. No question who was, and is, the better QB tonight.

Tarvaris 16-35 1 INT that cost them the game

Rodgers 18-22 0 INT's

I've seen Minny touted as the class of the North, but general consensus on "best in the NFC" is Dallas. Not even close - nor should it be, they have the most complete and balanced team.

At least, they do until the playoffs start.....