[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander ?

Bedoman

No way. Alexander is one of those guys that got way too much work in a single season and just hasn't been the same since then. He's 31, and over the last two seasons he's started a total of 20 games. I can't see any team handing him a job, much less significant playing time.

I get it that he is old and washed up.

But, I too wonder if he wouldn't have some value is a situation, say like CIN.

Would he really NOT be better than Perry or Watson?

Seems like he could muster 700 yds and 5 TD if signed after week 1 when his $alary requirement would drop.

Running back is not a position demanding wisdom or veteran knowledge. It just needs fresh legs and a willingness to be crushed on every play. Alexander has neither.

Shaun Alexander

News: Free agent running back Shaun Alexander told the Associated Press in an interview that he isn't going to retire. Instead, the 31-year-old Alexander believes he will sign with one of a handful of teams that have provided a "constant flow of calls," including his hometown Cincinnati Bengals. His extended family in Northern Kentucky already is making plans. "They want me to be Tres Siete," Alexander told The Associated Press by phone Friday.

Analysis: Alexander grew up in Florence, Ky., across the Ohio River from the Bengals' waterfront stadium. Two months ago, X-rays showed the cracked bone in his left foot that ruined his 2006 season and hampered him in '07 is finally fully meshed again. The broken left wrist he had to begin last season is fine, too. He said he's willing to share roles, that he doesn't need to carry the ball 30 times a game anymore. He just wants a Super Bowl title. Keep tabs on this situation, but now is a good time to take a flier on Alexander if you can stash him as a reserve.

Edited by THE SIX KINGS

• 1 month later...