[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

here we go again!

eags

they say you should bench mushin muhammad on the start/bench list but they predict him to have one td with 6 receptions. why would they tell you to bench him if they think he is going to have that kind of day?

they are written by two different people and as with most things there are varying opinions...

what? not everybody agrees on how games will turn out??? shocking!

At the same time a lot of people pay for the huddle looking for help with there lineups. It doesn't make any difference to me, but I can see why someone has an issue with it. I do think that the start/bench list and projections should be a bit more consistent with each other.

At the same time a lot of people pay for the huddle looking for help with there lineups. It doesn't make any difference to me, but I can see why someone has an issue with it. I do think that the start/bench list and projections should be a bit more consistent with each other.

I would agree with this. The reason people come to the site and pay for it is to help with a decision. Contradicting opinions put out by the site kind of defeats the purpose of why people come here in the first place.

I would agree with this. The reason people come to the site and pay for it is to help with a decision. Contradicting opinions put out by the site kind of defeats the purpose of why people come here in the first place.

I disagree. I like to read the predictions and projections. Not just for the predicted stats but it shows how the defenses rank preventing points for all the fantasy positions.

If it was all just projected yds/tds then yeah, it would'nt make much sense. But I like to read different people's explanations of why they think certain players will do well/bad.

What good would this forum be if everyone agreed?

I disagree. I like to read the predictions and projections. Not just for the predicted stats but it shows how the defenses rank preventing points for all the fantasy positions.

If it was all just projected yds/tds then yeah, it would'nt make much sense. But I like to read different people's explanations of why they think certain players will do well/bad.

It's not a forum though, it's a pay feature.

I certainly agree with this.

The issue isn't that there isn't 100% consensus on the forums, it's that what I'd wager are the two most popular features on the home page sometimes don't jibe.

Not an issue for me, personally - I know which one I prefer to use, but since BOTH features generally put their reasoning for the numbers/recommendation out there, there's nothing wrong with getting two different opinions.

Others, I guess, don't want to bother thinking for themselves.

So it would be better for us to just have one feature instead of two? The amount of agreement between the two pieces is pretty amazing to me considering they are 100% done independently. On the rare instance we do not agree, it would indicate that the situation has much more risk and volatility than others.

So it would be better for us to just have one feature instead of two? The amount of agreement between the two pieces is pretty amazing to me considering they are 100% done independently. On the rare instance we do not agree, it would indicate that the situation has much more risk and volatility than others.

:wacko: I don't think anyone said there should only be one feature opposed to two.

I think that a lot of people that pay for the site pay for something definitive, and by having differing views is anything but. It doesn't matter to me either way, but I can certainly see where the original poster is coming from.

Edited by piratesownninjas

:wacko: I don't think anyone said there should only be one feature opposed to two.

I think that a lot of people that pay for the site pay for something definitive, and by having differing views is anything but. It doesn't matter to me either way, but I can certainly see where the original poster is coming from.

If one wants something definitive, one should not play fantasy football.

I would be greatly disappointed if those two features mirrored each other.

I take each feature, written by two people who posses FF knowledge I respect highly, and bounce them off each other. Both have reasoning that I read and pay attention to..and after digesting all that.... I make my own decision based on their info and my own "feelings".

Both features are guides/helpful information....not there to make your decisions for you....but to help in the coin-toss of who to play.

Every year there are those that can't make a decision on anything, let alone who to play in FF, that complain that the two features don't mirror each other. One would hope that they would eventually come to the conclusion that those features aren't there to play their team for them but to aid those of us that know how to digest available information and run our own teams with our own decisions.

I think what everyone really is looking for here is a feature where we load all of our leagues websites and passwords and the huddle automagically goes in and correctly sets the best lineup that scores the most points that week.

I think what everyone really is looking for here is a feature where we load all of our leagues websites and passwords and the huddle automagically goes in and correctly sets the best lineup that scores the most points that week.

Now ain't that the truth. :wacko:

I could not agree more. This is a HUGE problem with this site (and to be fair pretty much every other fantasy site out there.) People absolutely do come here looking for help making their starting decisions, and when they see contradicting things on the same site it makes it much harder. I have a similar problem with the pre-season auction values vs huddle cheat sheet. If someone is the higher ranked RB, then they are ABSOLUTELY worth more auction dollars. This is not a matter of opinion, it's a mathematical fact. But there have been a lot of discrepencies in the past (not sure this year since I simply dont look anymore.) I am sure that the auction values are just done by someone else than the cheat sheet values, but if people wanted differing opinions, they could go to a million other sites out there.

I don't mean to demean the huddle, since everyone else does it as well, but I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement here. I think that the best possible feature that a site could have is to have say 10 different knowledgable fantasy guys make their predictions about everyone's stats for the weeks games. No idiots or homers, just good solid knowledgable guys (like many of you here on these forums.) Then average these numbers, and put out those averages as consensus predictions. Basically something similar to Rhino's pre-season spreadsheet on a weekly basis. Does that sound like something you would be interested in?

I like both features....the more other people agree with what I'm thinking, the better....

I mean, it's still MY team....I make the final decision and in this case when people want to look for something to make them feel better, they have two sources and actually get to choose which one they feel more comfortable with...

no reason to fix what isn't broken...

I take each feature, written by two people who posses FF knowledge I respect highly, and bounce them off each other. Both have reasoning that I read and pay attention to..and after digesting all that.... I make my own decision based on their info and my own "feelings".

Both features are guides/helpful information....not there to make your decisions for you....but to help in the coin-toss of who to play.

Every year there are those that can't make a decision on anything, let alone who to play in FF, that complain that the two features don't mirror each other. One would hope that they would eventually come to the conclusion that those features aren't there to play their team for them but to aid those of us that know how to digest available information and run our own teams with our own decisions.

:wacko: Agree wholeheartedly with this post. Too many other sites simply give you projections, rankings, and start/bench lists with almost no rationale. The reason I continue to come back to the Huddle not just week-after-week, but year-after-year is because of the quality of the advice has consistency helped me get an edge of others in my leagues.

If one wants something definitive, one should not play fantasy football.

Very well said :wacko:

Outstanding, Sky! Couldnt have said it better myself.

Its apparent to me from the posts here and in the advice forum that there are a whole lot of folks out there that basically want someone to hold their hand and/or make their decisions for them. To them I would ask how fantasy football is any fun? Is winning fun if someone else has made all the decisions for you? Can you really take pride(and talk proper smack) when your own input was minimal? I mean, I dont know about anyone else, but the fun part of it for me is to see if I can assemble and manage a team that will beat the one my buddy has on any given week. Do I use resources (ie The Huddle) as an aid in the process? Absolutely! In the end, though, its my team and my money and my decisions I have to live with so its going to be my football accumen that is ultimately what I trust and rely on the most.

Do they do that here? How much is it?

yup. :wacko: