[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doing My Part

SEC=UGA

I just started a new job. I have gone to work for my family's construction company. This required, of course, that I get a work truck. So, I did all of my research and decided to purchase a Toyota Tundra extended cab, I bought the 4.7L V8 instead of the 5.7L V8. The 4.7L gets 2 miles per gallon more than the 5.7L (15.2 vs 13.2), over the lifetime of the car (probably about 200K miles) I will consume 1,993.62 fewer gallons of fuel.

I'm just glad to be doing my part to reduce our dependence upon foreign oil and hope that you all will do the same.

:wacko:

Ford F-150 4.6 L V8

HP - 248 @ 4,750 RPM

Torque - 294 Ft. Lb. @ 4000 RPM

Towing Capacity - 7,200 Lb

Payload - 1,990 Lb

Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8

HP - 276 @ 5400 RPM

Torque - 313 Ft. Lb. @ 3400 RPM

Towing Capacity - 10,400 Lb

Payload - 1,580 Lb

The only place that Ford is better is in the payload department, and with the lighter payload, I can refuse to pick up my mother in law as she might blow out my shocks.

Also, the Toyota drives and looks much better. That and it sounds good with the Flowmaster pipes coming off of it.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Going smaller displacement on a work truck (if it's actually for work) is a mistake. The higher rpms you have to run to get the same work is hard on smaller motors and will decrease the life of the truck. Go big cics and let the low-end torque do the work. :wacko:

FWIW - the Toyota is fugly with a capital F. I'd even drive a Dodge over that bubble-looking thing.

That said, enjoy the new truck. I drive a '99 :D

I just got a 2007 Chevy Silverado in blue...as in red, white and blue.

I like the Toyota, but saying you are getting us off foreign oil while buying a foreign truck is high-larious. And don't gimme no mess about some Toyotas being made in the USofA because I'll then ask who makes more money. The Jap owners or the worker-bees? If we all bought American, all the money would stay in America. But hey, it's a cool truck.

I like the Toyota, but saying you are getting us off foreign oil while buying a foreign truck is high-larious. And don't gimme no mess about some Toyotas being made in the USofA because I'll then ask who makes more money. The Jap owners or the worker-bees? If we all bought American, all the money would stay in America. But hey, it's a cool truck.

Listen--it's not so much sending money to foreign countries that matters. What counts is that we don't send our money to countries that might turn around and attack us without any warning.

Listen--it's not so much sending money to foreign countries that matters. What counts is that we don't send our money to countries that might turn around and attack us without any warning.

You do realize you're comparing the most recent people to attack us on our own soil to the 2nd most recent people to attack us on our own soil, right?

Except the money Ford sends to Canada, China and Mexico to manufacture the truck, and lose money overall corporately?

I have not found a truck yet that rides better than my F150.

That may be true, but I just rented a Ford Explorer, an Expedition and a Toyota 4Runner while out west and the only thing I can say about the Fords is that the interiors were designed by someone on peyote. The ergonomics are HORRIBLE. That alone is enough to turn me off on them.