[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin down

budlitebrad

If you're feeling sorry about your fantasy team right now, you should leave.

Right now many of us are just praying that this football player with great character will walk again, let alone live.

+1, no one should go through something like this. I pray he is ok. Was it a bogus hit?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're feeling sorry about your fantasy team right now, you should leave.

Right now many of us are just praying that this football player with great character will walk again, let alone live.

What makes you think I didn't say a little prayer for my man Boldin, becuase I didn't post it......of course I am worried about him

Not that I could see.

Now, the guy on the Broncos who suffered an apparent neck/back injury that got carted out...he moved his hands to acknowledge the fans on his way out.

Darn...I think it was a dirty hit IMO......I also think the Cards should have just kneeled after that happened and not go for it like they did.....

Cardinals' Boldin carted off field

Sept. 28, 2008 01:50 PM

Staff and wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin was carted off the field after a scary helmet-to-helmet collision in the end zone with 27 seconds remaining in the Cardinals' 56-35 loss to the New York Jets on Sunday.

Cardinals writer Kent Somers said preliminary X-rays revealed nothing and he was moving his extremeties. But the All-Pro wideout was still being evaluated.

Boldin caught a pass from Kurt Warner, but was hit in the back and then took a shot to his helmet from Eric Smith. Both Boldin and Smith fell to the turf, and Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald immediately waved to the sideline for help.

Trainers ran out to check on Boldin, and soon the entire Cardinals team surrounded their teammate as the Giants Stadium crowd fell silent. Smith, also injured on the play, was able to get up after a few moments.

After being working on for several minutes, Boldin was immobilized and placed on a stretcher before he was carted off the field.

I am thinking big concussion. He definetly looked out cold on the way down. Cheap helmet to helmet hit. Scary the way he went limp but I am thinking bad concussion more than spinal/neck. Of course just pure speculation on my part

Smith has never been a cheap shot artist. I think he was just trying to break a play up, and BTW, was also on the turf for a long time. I don't think it was an intentianally malicious hit, but it was a dangerous one, he clearly launched and went helmet to helmet. Rhodes was simply following the play. I expect to see a minimum one game suspension for Smith and a hefty fine, but my main concern is all about Boldin right now.

I am thinking big concussion. He definetly looked out cold on the way down. Cheap helmet to helmet hit. Scary the way he went limp but I am thinking bad concussion more than spinal/neck. Of course just pure speculation on my part

Yep, he took the hit and landed exactly like a lot of the MMA fights I've seen on a national and local level. I think he just got rocked and will be allright.

Smith has never been a cheap shot artist. I think he was just trying to break a play up, and BTW, was also on the turf for a long time. I don't think it was an intentianally malicious hit, but it was a dangerous one, he clearly launched and went helmet to helmet. Rhodes was simply following the play. I expect to see a minimum one game suspension for Smith and a hefty fine, but my main concern is all about Boldin right now.

I don't know about a game suspension, I think a massive fine would work.

Agreed.

He was just trying to make a play for his team. I don't think it was malicious.

Yep, he took the hit and landed exactly like a lot of the MMA fights I've seen on a national and local level. I think he just got rocked and will be allright.

I don't know about a game suspension, I think a massive fine would work.

A game suspension IS a massive fine, isn't it? Players don't get a game check that week.

A game suspension IS a massive fine, isn't it? Players don't get a game check that week.

Correct. Goodell hasn't been shy about trying to keep the game clean both on and off the field. I could see a one game suspension over this.

I was really rather shocked and pissed that the Cards didn't just take a knee after that scene as well. I know that your taught to play all 60 minutes but there was nothing good that could have happened in those 30 remaining seconds.

IDK, there is a time to give up, I mean 21 points in 21 seconds can not be done.

Three TDs and recover two on-side kicks, likely they were out of Time outs so why are they still throwing?

to get someone 500 yards is not an answer.

Edited by rai

I'm so glad Boldin seems to be ok - at least nothing serious happened according to reports. I've liked this guy since he broke out his rookie year. Like he said in an interview last week, he is not a WR he is just a football player. He plays and runs with the veracity of a Walter Payton. I hope he is able to keep playing and producing as he did before the hit - if not, I'm just glad he is ok. I seriously thought he was dead after that hit.

I'm so glad Boldin seems to be ok - at least nothing serious happened according to reports. I've liked this guy since he broke out his rookie year. Like he said in an interview last week, he is not a WR he is just a football player. He plays and runs with the veracity of a Walter Payton. I hope he is able to keep playing and producing as he did before the hit - if not, I'm just glad he is ok. I seriously thought he was dead after that hit.

You must not watch UFC, As those guys hit the ground like that often when they are knocked out in the air, as Boldin was. Im not saying Boldin's injury isnt serious, because it certainly is. But I could see him back in week 6 or as a precaution, week 8, after week 7 bye. I however dont see him playing this week under any circumstance.