[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things you have learned

Gopher

You mean like you did with Meachem? :wacko:

And while I agree it was a little odd that Leon got the start, he has gotten about 1/3 of the offensive plays as Jones this year(per NFL.com). To suggest Jones has no history of sharing is "a bit lazy and inaccurate IMO".

Uh, when I said no history of sharing carries, I meant not in a true RBBC situation. Of course there are 3rd down backs that take some carries away from all feature backs. I think (or would hope) you know what I was saying, but feel free to split hairs.

Oh and I addressed Meachem in my previous post.

Uh, when I said no history of sharing carries, I meant not in a true RBBC situation. Of course there are 3rd down backs that take some carries away from all feature backs. I think (or would hope) you know what I was saying, but feel free to split hairs.

Oh and I addressed Meachem in my previous post.

Just bustin your balls a little bit, man :wacko:

There has been an extraordinary amount of pre-final panicy overreaction posts this year and its gotten a little annoying...

Just bustin your balls a little bit, man :wacko:

There has been an extraordinary amount of pre-final panicy overreaction posts this year and its gotten a little annoying...

Look, I agree that the host of "pre-final panicky" posts are annoying. That's why I'm so forcefully defending myself from such association! Anyway, enough of that.

I have bree's in 2 leagues and Farvre/Garrad in one. My best team is the Farve/Garrard

Of the QBs you mentioned...

Cutler

Farve

McNabb

Rodgers

RIvers

... Cutler and Rivers are the only ones I would've been comfortable with. McNabb can't get through a season without a major injury anymore, Favre is wildly inconsistent by nature and even more so now in an unfamiliar system, and Rodgers was somewhat of an unknown coming into this season. As good as Eli looked from Dec-Feb last year, he's never been a particularly good fantasy QB. Roth had an excellent '07, but his history (and his team's at QB) isn't very fantasy-friendly either.

I think that the logic behind taking a QB early this season is that there were fewer "safe" QBs who would be available in the mid-rounds. A few years ago, one could've waited until the 5th round and snagged a proven vet like Hasselbeck, Bulger, Favre, Delhomme, or Trent Green and been confident that those guys would produce reasonably. All of them have either declined physically or are in lesser offensive systems now. The newer crop of QBs is, for the most part, still unproven fantasy-wise.

And with the growing use of RBBC, there's even less incentive to take a #2 RB early.

Of the QBs you mentioned...

... Cutler and Rivers are the only ones I would've been comfortable with. McNabb can't get through a season without a major injury anymore, Favre is wildly inconsistent by nature and even more so now in an unfamiliar system, and Rodgers was somewhat of an unknown coming into this season. As good as Eli looked from Dec-Feb last year, he's never been a particularly good fantasy QB. Roth had an excellent '07, but his history (and his team's at QB) isn't very fantasy-friendly either.

I think that the logic behind taking a QB early this season is that there were fewer "safe" QBs who would be available in the mid-rounds. A few years ago, one could've waited until the 5th round and snagged a proven vet like Hasselbeck, Bulger, Favre, Delhomme, or Trent Green and been confident that those guys would produce reasonably. All of them have either declined physically or are in lesser offensive systems now. The newer crop of QBs is, for the most part, still unproven fantasy-wise.

And with the growing use of RBBC, there's even less incentive to take a #2 RB early.

Maybe.

I think it's a bit too much of a sweeping generalization to state that it is NEVER right to take a QB early. Of course, I'm not sure what exactly early means. For argument's sake, let's say that taking a QB before the end of the 4th round is considered early. In general, I think it would be a mistake to pass on drafting a QB just because I think it is "too early". The better rule is to only draft a QB early when there is good value to be had. In most leagues I am in, it is rare to see a highly ranked QB fall very far, so chances are pretty good that I'll never draft a QB early, but I did draft Drew Brees in the 3rd round in one of my leagues this year, and that team is doing just fine...

Edited by MTSuper7

i've learned i need to pay more attention and not let the worst team in the league pick up buckhalter and use him against me while westy sits inactive on my bench. secondly, i've learned i need to not be in so many freakin' leagues.

exactly....I really only pay attention to one league and that's no fun for the other leagues I'm in....I most likely have a losing record if I'm not on top of things...

Edited by Avernus

I have learned that luck has way more to do with it than we'd like to admit.

Injuries are the most unstoppable force in the NFL, both real and fantasy. You get em', you're pretty much f'd. All that work, practice or studying goes right down the drain cause somebody rolls over too far onto another guy's leg.

I have learned that the NFC West is really, really bad.

I have learned that taking the best player, regardless of position, gives you the best chance of winning. Don't take a WR just because someone told you so. If the top seven WRs all go early, take the stud RB they left behind. Don't take the 17th RB on your list just to get a RB, if Drew Brees is still there and 23rd RB isn't much worse than the 17th.

I have learned that TO should probably go at the end of the first round.

+1.

i played a guy tonight who called in his picks on draft day, apparently picking guys off the top of his head. it's a 14-team league that's very competitive, except for this guy, who took chris perry with his SECOND pick. i have westbrook, but even with him out, i figured i'd coast to an easy win this week. his lineup included favre, larry johnson, buckhalter, matt prater and tony gonzalez, and he will likely have the high score this week, doubling his average over the first three weeks. amazing, just amazing. :wacko:

things i've been right about so far:

Arz: warner over leinart, both wr's lokos very good, james is somewhat productive

Buf: trent edwards, lynch

car: mush would do better back as a #2

Dal: Barber would be a beast, romo's numbers would go down

Den: cutler, marshall, royal, avoiding den's rb again

Det: calvin would emerge over roy

Gbp: rogers has developed nicely (he well overshot my predictions though), jennings

Ind: gonzales

Nos: would rebound offensively, bush is great in ppr's

Nyg: eli is a middle of the road qb, jacobs is a good rb

Nyj: favre still had something left, elavated his wr's values in NY

Sdc: rivers is kinda meh, eventhings starts and ends with lt and gates

Pit: fwp is a good rb and undervalued this year

things i've been wrong about so far:

Atl: that turner would so good so fast

cin: how pathetic their offense has become

cle: same as cin

gbp: ryan grant..... really thought he'd be a top 5 this year

jax: mjd...thought he'd produce more as well

kcc: bowe... i was avoiding anything on their offense

phi: mcnabb looks good again.. i thought he was done with little wr help (d. jackson looks great)

pit: holmes (a lot of this is o-line probs), ben is getting no time to throw

sf: thought davis would be more involved with the offense

tbb: graham.. i thought he would fall. he's done a very nice job so far

was: moss... i just have never been a big supporter... putting up great numbers

Edited by Bier Meister

This was especially apparent last week when Ronnie Brown single-handedly thrashed me in my local. I mean....COME ON!!! Ronnie Brown scored 5 TD's!!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!! :wacko:

Childress is what we thought he was..... a bad coach!!!

Oh and after 2 straight losses the boards Packer fans are not as vocal as they were after 2 straight wins! :wacko: