[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ers interested in Roy

Mojo Rising

I'm hearing that if they do the trade, it is a first next year and a second the year after. IMO this would legitamize the 49ers very quickly. Their D still has a few holes, but they play the right brand of football, so if they get another decent player or two this offseasonn, that defense could be good, and that offense already is respectable. I'm baffled by the fact that it is SF though, don't they usually value their draft picks really high?

All I'm hearing is speculation of interest. no details. I am very curious as to what the 49's are offering or even have to offer. Roy, K. Smith for Gore /draft pick sounds good to me.

Matt Millen has left the building. The Lions are no longer playing fantasy football in reality :wacko:

Aren't they also interested in Housh?

I'm hearing that if they do the trade, it is a first next year and a second the year after. IMO this would legitamize the 49ers very quickly. Their D still has a few holes, but they play the right brand of football, so if they get another decent player or two this offseasonn, that defense could be good, and that offense already is respectable. I'm baffled by the fact that it is SF though, don't they usually value their draft picks really high?

Maybe they realized they don't know how to use them.

All I'm hearing is speculation of interest. no details. I am very curious as to what the 49's are offering or even have to offer. Roy, K. Smith for Gore /draft pick sounds good to me.

Matt Millen has left the building. The Lions are no longer playing fantasy football in reality :D

:wacko: Seriously... I doubt the Niners are going to dump Gore off, even if it means they get Roy Williams. The Niners are 2-3 and in a winnable division. The Cardinals, leading the division at 3-2, may be without a serious WR threat in Anquan Boldin for a few weeks.

If they're looking to add Williams, they'll have to do it by offering something other than their big guns.

:wacko: Seriously... I doubt the Niners are going to dump Gore off, even if it means they get Roy Williams. The Niners are 2-3 and in a winnable division. The Cardinals, leading the division at 3-2, may be without a serious WR threat in Anquan Boldin for a few weeks.

If they're looking to add Williams, they'll have to do it by offering something other than their big guns.

+1

There are two players on this team that are untouchable... Gore is one of them (Willis is the other). If the Niners were to legitimately go after Williams, it would be in an attempt to further their attempt at becoming a contender. Giving up Gore, no matter what they get for him, would totally be a step backwards, and they would once again be in rebuilding mode... which would make trying to acquire Williams pointless.

The niners won't give studs away ...sorry.

I woudn't be happy with taking Roy unless it was for a 4th or lower, as most would agree that he's not coming back to the Lions next year anyway and at that point he can be bid on the open market.

Does the NFL have sign and trade options or does the salary cap prevent that? In that case maybe he could get more value.

I'm also not sure if his agent can 'pre-negotiate' an agreement structuring a long term deal with a team without violating some kind of tampering clause, so in that case without a guarantee why would a team offer a 1st day pick?

I woudn't be happy with taking Roy unless it was for a 4th or lower, as most would agree that he's not coming back to the Lions next year anyway and at that point he can be bid on the open market.

Does the NFL have sign and trade options or does the salary cap prevent that? In that case maybe he could get more value.

I'm also not sure if his agent can 'pre-negotiate' an agreement structuring a long term deal with a team without violating some kind of tampering clause, so in that case without a guarantee why would a team offer a 1st day pick?

I'm guessing any trade would have to be a sign and trade situation since he'll be a FA and the 49ers would want a cap friendly deal.

Gore is off limits nice thought for you though. Anything more than a 3rd round pick for roy would be dumb and i'd rather have housh anyway :wacko:

What makes you think the Lions aren't going to franchise Roy at the end of the season? There is no way I'd give up Roy for a 4th or less. If the Lions can't get value now, wait until off season, franchise him and then start dealing. I guarantee someone will give up more than a 4th for him.