[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Circuit City: RIP

BeeR

I guess I'm not surprised. I NEVER think about shopping there. Nothing against them I guess, but they haven't done something right as far as store awareness. I'm guessing they are exactly the same as Best Buy, with worse marketing.

... and worse customer service.

This is the company that fired all their workers who had more than x years of service so they could bring in new workers to do the same jobs and pay them less.

yep--that's exactly what they did to my sister a few years ago (didn't even get her or her colleagues a chance to take a pay-cut and keep their jobs)

This is the company that fired all their workers who had more than x years of service so they could bring in new workers to do the same jobs and pay them less.

And that is part of the problem we have in today's market. No one pays competitively. They all want to either outsource or pay as low as possible. Maybe these businesses would learn that if they paid more, then they would have better workers?

... and worse customer service.

I guess it's all about your own experiences, but in mine, and mostly those I've heard, you could flip a coin on any given day as to which is better between CC and BB. This whole "they dumped their best salesman so now they suck" seems like a logical result, but I never noticed a diff in the before/after and never noticed a diff between the 2 stores. And basically except for BB selling a broader range of stuff (eg appliances), you could flip a coin between the 2 stores in every respect - brands, prices etc. This is why I never got their rapid decline vs BB doing so much better.

I'm just glad I didn't buy more shares, but sure would love that $ back. :wacko:

I use to like Circuit when they paid commissions to their employees. Once they changed you could see the decline.

I prefer not to shop at places where the sales crew works on commission. They tend to be way more pushy and aggressive. Back off dude, I'm just browsing.

I'll say this for Circut City--before this semester started, I wanted to get a little remote-control "clicker" for my powerpoint presentations. The guy at Best Buy tried to get me to buy a wireless mouse, but the guy at Circuit City got me just what I needed (and at a decent price).

I'm not sad to see Circuit City go under. Here in San Diego I stopped shopping at Circuit City years ago due to really bad customer service. I still shop at Best Buy and have had nothing but good service there.

And that is part of the problem we have in today's market. No one pays competitively. They all want to either outsource or pay as low as possible. Maybe these businesses would learn that if they paid more, then they would have better workers?

Of course you realize that if they paid more, you would have to pay more for the same product or service.

I don't have loyality to any electronics store. Whichever is cheaper between CC, BB and the internet, that's where I buy it. Electronics is one of the few things you can comparasion shop apples to apples, since a certain model is the same product at every store. But, I will not shop at ABC warehouse. The place is always a dump, the salespeople are pushy and when I was in high school they accused me of breaking their car audio display when the thing was already ghetto and busted. I would be sad to see the Cirucit City discount store down the street close, awesome deals to be had on TVs there.