[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IPhone users

MrTed46

Horrible for business, great if you like gadgets. I'm switching the company back to blackberry because of too many server and mail issues.

If you're not using it for business then enjoy because they're pretty cool.

If you have large fingers then it's going to take some getting use to because they obviously only designed this with women and asians in mind. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

Horrible for business, great if you like gadgets. I'm switching the company back to blackberry because of too many server and mail issues.

If you're not using it for business then enjoy because they're pretty cool.

If you have large fingers then it's going to take some getting use to because they obviously only designed this with women and asians in mind. :wacko:

That means you either have a bad network or bad network people. I've spent the last 8 years working with VoIP in one capacity or another. All trouble starts with the network. Are you using Cisco, Avaya, Nortel or some other gear?

I like my iPhone quite a bit...

I have not had any problems using mine for business and find the exchange connection good and the calendar functionality better than what I had on my Motorola Q.

It's a great tool for work and a great mini computer for games and web browsing.

The cons are that the battery life is sub optimal, even with all the recent software updates, and the phone service occasionally drops (which is more an AT&T problem than an iPhone issue)

WashD

That means you either have a bad network or bad network people. I've spent the last 8 years working with VoIP in one capacity or another. All trouble starts with the network. Are you using Cisco, Avaya, Nortel or some other gear?

Nortel.

Syncing issues have been the big problem.

Nortel.

Syncing issues have been the big problem.

Of course it would help if I read the title correctly. I'm reading IP Phone, not IPhone. :wacko:

I'm tempted, but am dissuaded by those like twiley that say it's not good for business. I love the functionality of my Blackberry - especially the way it handles text and email messages (emails from different accounts and texts all go to one folder... something I personally love). Only drawback - and it's a minor one - is there's no camera on mine. And it doesn't receive pic messages like most phones. I'm going to consider the Blackberry Storm, which is due out soon. It's a Blackberry meets iPhone.

I'm tempted, but am dissuaded by those like twiley that say it's not good for business. I love the functionality of my Blackberry - especially the way it handles text and email messages (emails from different accounts and texts all go to one folder... something I personally love). Only drawback - and it's a minor one - is there's no camera on mine. And it doesn't receive pic messages like most phones. I'm going to consider the Blackberry Storm, which is due out soon. It's a Blackberry meets iPhone.

This is the first I'm hearing of the Blackberry Storm. I will wait to see it.. one thing that sucks is the I Phone is not available for Verizon which has been my carrier for years.

Verizon's smart phone is pretty killer, BTW....

The iPhone is awesome for all the gadgets, apps, bells and whistles you can imagine on every level, except the actual phone part sucks.

Too many dropped calls, too difficult to hear (for me) a lot of the time, and a lot of pockets with no service.

+1, but I'm using a Moto Q now, think I liked my Palm Treo better, but the integration with Windows Mobile and the server was hard to pass up on when we moved the e-mail server in house this year. I don't think the Blacberry can sync a calednar unless it's plugged into the PC, which sucks IMO.

I love my MotoQ, and I'm not changing from Verizon.

But I hope my next phone is a Google Android phone. I've been watching videos on it, and the stock features are excellent... never mind that it's open source and a million nerds will be writing cool apps and utilities for it.

The main reason I went with a Windows Mobile phone is because people were writing apps for it because it was the only real standard out there. Google's phone will blow that away.

I love it for business since it actually receives email unlike my old Treo. That thing was worthless for business.

The coverage in my area (chicago, nw IN, sw Mich) is very good. My only complaint is the battery life. With heavy usage, it can be a bit short.

The other shortcoming is it's lack of MMS capability. For regular text messages it's great, but if you need to use it for any Multi-Media messaging, your out of luck until they patch it.

The typing takes a bit to get used to, but it sure beats the typical keypad types (Treo-BBerry) which requires a pencil to use :wacko:

The browser capability is excellent (sans flash) and is pretty fast, especially when i hit a 3G area.