[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which TV show that you once watched...

darin3

MNF has jumped becuase of Tony Kornholer. They need to get rid of him pronto. Why can't they just have Jaws and Trico together and skip the flapping gums in Kornholer?

ETA I now turn the sound down on MNF. Makes it much more enjoyable .

Worse than with Theisman? :wacko:

I was not aware of the history behind that phrase. Tx.

Lost jumped it for me after season 2. I haven't watched since so maybe it's better, but hell I'm too far behind.

Maybe it's not the same, but last night I watched the new Indiana Jones with my 6 year old. Ugh. I was disappointed. I have to get the old ones for him to see, can't have him thinking that is typical of the series.

I watched Temple of Doom again a couple of weeks ago & wow are the corny & the special effects are awful. I hated the woman but I love shorty.

ESPN jumped the shark when they did their on-TV FF draft this year.

They jumped when they got rid of the celebrity trap shooting show.

Couldn't find it on IMDB, but wikipedia had an entry:

Starshot is a huge "half-circle target" that was designed as a new way to enjoy clay target skeet shooting. Invented in Scotland in the 1980s, the structure stands almost 30 feet high and is divided into 12 scoring segments. Clay targets are released on command and the shooter's score is valued according to the zone in which the target is broken.

ESPN ran a program with the same name - Starshot, in the late 80s and early 90s, with two teams of two playing against each other, with one person on each team being a professional marksman, and the other person being a popular athlete of the time (usually one who did have some experience with guns though).

Edited by Big Country

CSI Miami, mainly David Caruso has become unwatchable

I was big into the original, Vegas CSI. I started watching CSI Miami only because I dug the original so much.... and the eye candy on the Miami show (along with SOME of the acting) was pretty solid. I have never been a Caruso backer, but even as the main character, he faded enough into the background (at least for me) for me to still enjoy the show. Granted, he may have been a determining factor in me slowing down in terms of interest for the show in general. I'll likely catch a few episodes this season just to see how the show operates.

And, on a side note, I hope the likes of you and Swammi are enjoying your hard-earned championship. :wacko:

I was big into the original, Vegas CSI. I started watching CSI Miami only because I dug the original so much.... and the eye candy on the Miami show (along with SOME of the acting) was pretty solid. I have never been a Caruso backer, but even as the main character, he faded enough into the background (at least for me) for me to still enjoy the show. Granted, he may have been a determining factor in me slowing down in terms of interest for the show in general. I'll likely catch a few episodes this season just to see how the show operates.

And, on a side note, I hope the likes of you and Swammi are enjoying your hard-earned championship. :D

I watch CSI Miami - not sure why, though suspect it's got something to do with Emily Proctor playing with guns. :wacko:

Caruso is horrible, but that's almost entertaining in and of itself. My wife and I try to guess his one-liners before he says them - it's not hard. :D

BTW - CSI Miami is now the most watched tv show in the world. Go figure.

I watch CSI Miami - not sure why, though suspect it's got something to do with Emily Proctor playing with guns. :wacko:

Caruso is horrible, but that's almost entertaining in and of itself. My wife and I try to guess his one-liners before he says them - it's not hard. :D

BTW - CSI Miami is now the most watched tv show in the world. Go figure.

:D Nothing wrong with Proctor and her smokin' l'il body and accent....

Yeah, Caruso has some horrible lines and his voice is lame. I sort of just tuned him out, even if he's by and large the "main" character.

And wow, that's pretty amazing about CSI Miami being so popular. Maybe I'll give it another whirl.

I am a HUGE fan of the Simpsons and think it is the best TV show in the history of TV if looked at in it's first 11 or so seasons. I still watch it, but mainly out of loyalty. It has gone to the same material/joke well for the past several years and the show is a shell of its former brilliance. I can't pinpoint the exact moment it jumped the shark. I just sort of watched it one season an reallized that I was watching out of loyalty and not as much entertainment value.

Friends was a gret show the first 5 seasons, but once Chandler and Monica's relationship was exposed to the other 4 friends (the last 2 seasons), the show had way more sucky episodes than good ones.

Entourage had a terrible season last year (Season 4 I believe), but this season has been a lot better. This season, the show isn't quite as funny as it was the first 3 seasons (season 2 and 3 in particular), but it is showing a lot of heart. I don't think this show has jumped the shark regardless of what critics and many viewers say.

Edited by TDFFFreak

24 - season 2 or 3 - I forget - when Cuthbert got chased by a cougar after being kidnapped for the third time, and Jack Bauer quit heroin all in one day, I let it go.

Lost - season 2 - couldn't agree more. Screw ABC and their foot-dragging, rating-grabbing, money-grubbing, repeat-airing show.

Bones and House - last season really went downhill for both.

Right now, my favorite show is Life.

The color episodes of Andy Griffith Show. The black and white ones have great messages and stories that are still worth watching. The ones in color are all about Opie trying to get laid and Andy smoking Josh Gordon. :wacko:

I could still watch Andy Griffith over any show on today.