[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

jeff fisher

bark

He must be good at something. He only has 5 winning seasons out of 13. Bud Adams loves the guy that is for sure.

:wacko: He's only had 3 losing seasons out of 13 if you want to play that game. Super Bowl appearance. 101 wins and 77 loses in the regular season. I'd say he's good at coaching.

Best coach? Maybe but I don't like picking just one. Circumstances vary but definitely one of the top coaches.

I would think he would have a better backup for Brady. Having inexperianced players is really a bonehead move there.

:wacko: He's only had 3 losing seasons out of 13 if you want to play that game. Super Bowl appearance. 101 wins and 77 loses in the regular season. I'd say he's good at coaching.

He is good as I stated. He wins ~ 57% of the time.

Name/Team W-L Pct.

George Seifert, 49ers 98-30 .766

Tony Dungy, Colts 73-23 .760

Don Shula, Colts 71-23-4 .755

Vince Lombardi, Packers 89-29-4 .754

He must be good at something. He only has 5 winning seasons out of 13. Bud Adams loves the guy that is for sure.

This isn't something I'd headline my coaching resume with but ok.

I think Fischer is a good coach but it's more a testament to the overall organization. In a league where staff, coaches, and players come and go... the Titans are the exception. THAT is impressive and, I believe, worth more than a bunch of championships. It shows a commitment to each other, the team, and the fans. Yeah they haven't been great but that sort of commitment pays off dividends with a season like they're having now. It makes a successful season that much more sweet because almost everyone around had been through the down years.

This isn't something I'd headline my coaching resume with but ok.

I think Fischer is a good coach but it's more a testament to the overall organization.

Yeah I mean look at all their great draft picks they've had over the years and great FA pickups, and......uh.............

Fisher is a hell of a coach. To win with the largly half-arse talent he routinely has is borderline amazing. Easily the best or at least top 2/3 for many years; old news to anyone paying attention, in fact.

I still think the Dark Lord in New England is the best, with Fisher right behind him.

+1, but I think the dark lord has a lot better front-office, talent evaluation, capenomics, etc. I think that might make him look a little better than he is. Both guys win with talend that isn't top-drawer, and that's the amazing thing to me.

Im impressed. After watching the game last night im convinced these guys are forreal. Fisher has coached well, the RBS are beasts, Collins is getting it done and the D is very good.

Im a Giants fan so im familar with Collins, the funny thing is he doesnt look like a Superstar,athlete, or even someone sober enough to drag himself to the potty without wetting his fruit of the loom let alone be playing this solid, at this point in his career.

I remember a few years back when there was talk of firing him... I PRAYED for that, I think the Jets would have jumped on it. Those few down years in TN were on the FO's shoulders. McNair didn't help things much, and they were in big cap trouble. Did Fischer hire Chow? That was an FO hire, was it not? I give more credit to this coach that I do the FO.... if I recall this correctly, didn't Fischer want Cutler, not Vince?

Yeah I mean look at all their great draft picks they've had over the years and great FA pickups, and......uh.............

Fisher is a hell of a coach. To win with the largly half-arse talent he routinely has is borderline amazing. Easily the best or at least top 2/3 for many years; old news to anyone paying attention, in fact.

Oh I agree. But as an HC I wouldn't take pride in the statement that 38% of my teams (5/13) are winning teams. Woohoo for that winning season once every 3 years! That's a standard set by lowered expectations. I just don't think a stat like that does justice to the kind of HC Fisher actually is.

I was just making the point that continuity has a lot to do with Fisher and the Titans' success. Through bad and good drafts. The Super Bowl season to the rebuilding transition... the owner, Fisher, or whoever didn't just throw their hands up and scapegoat. In a league of professional scapegoating, Fisher and the Titans have been the exception to that rule.

Fisher's handling of Young and Chow bares that out. Chow made some pretty dumb comments about Young and the direction of the franchise. Chow effectively took a defeatist attitude from the day Young was drafted. Maybe the problem was/is Young but Fisher didn't like the way Chow went about it. This year, Fisher could've ridiculed Young and his issues. It would've been easy but it wouldn't have reflected well upon Fischer or the organization. And it certainly wouldn't have done anything to help Young.

Fisher emphasizes team first. That sounds like an obvious trait or mission statement for any HC but it's hardly practiced by ALL of them.

Edited by kingfish247

.... if I recall this correctly, didn't Fischer want Cutler, not Vince?

Chow wanted anyone but Vince. In his public comments after the firing he said almost exactly those words.

Merrill Hoge jumbled up a conversation he had with Fisher which led to rumors that Fisher never wanted Young...

:wacko:

Hoge said that the Titans were making the final pre-draft debates about whether to choose Young or Matt Leinart, whom Fisher and then-offensive coordinator Norm Chow both wanted, and that Fisher told him that no matter which quarterback the Titans picked that there would be a united front presented from the organization.

He also went on to say that Fisher, contrary to the way Hoge attributed it to the coach in the radio interview, has been a constant supporter of Young.

So if you're to believe this version of Hoge's story (personally, I'd trust what Fisher says over Hoge but whatever)... Fisher may have also wanted Leinart. So if that's true, even with Young's struggles, I'd say they turned out ok.

Edited by kingfish247

He's steady. In a league with a lot of ups and downs, the Titans are rarely going to be bad under Fisher, but it's also not too common that they are one of the best. From an owner's perspective, that's probably a pretty good thing -- might not win a bunch of championships but the team will never be so lousy that the fanbase stops spending $.

don't know, but if he keeps it up, his chances for coach of the yr seem very possible. He's a great motivator, loved how he called out his def a couple of yrs (I think) ago, saying they were a bunch of damned thugs! They were mad, but I like how he's very black and white and calls it like it is.