[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK, this is pretty lame

detlef

You'd think we could just do away with crap like this so elections wouldn't need to be any more difficult than they're supposed to be.

In presidential elections, NC has a much higher than average amount of ballots cast that don't include a vote for Prez.

Why is that? Because, while there's a box you can fill out to simply vote party line, it covers all offices but the President. If you want to vote party line in that manner, you need to fill in that box as well as fill in the president.

Now, the ballot does say this and most people, it seems, can figure it out, but why even introduce the chance of someone screwing up?

Well, here's why. In 1967, Democrats who were concerned that the fact that an unpopular Democratic POTUS candidate could cost other Democratic candidates votes, moved to exclude the POTUS from the party line option. That way, the traditional redneck version of Democrats who were as conservative as you get but just aren't republicans because that was Lincoln's party could vote for all their good old boy Dems in state and still vote for a conservative president by hitting party line option and the GOP pres option.

Here's a crazy idea. Why not just get rid of the freaking party-line option entirely? If you want to vote party line, great, just take another 30 seconds and fill in 6-7 boxes rather than one. It's not that hard.

For some people, the price of admission to the voting booth (getting to the polling place and showing ID) is a stretch. You really expect these same idiots to be able to cast an additional 6 or 8 votes? Man, you don't want much, do ya? :wacko:

Well, the whole ID issue is yet another crock. Sounds fair enough until people are denied ballots because of super minor differences like dashes in their names, missing middle initials, etc.

We don't have a party-line option here in Louisiana. I'm shocked we're ahead of the curve. :wacko:

Honestly, that's my biggest issue. That just seems like such a blatant admission that politics are completely screwed. Party affiliations certainly help us define the candidates to an extent. However, I suppose I'd like to thing that, at the end of the day, we're still voting for particular people. Which person do you want to fill such and such office?

It really bothers me that the party line option is there. However, if you're going to have it, have it.

Partisan whores should not be allowed to vote... that's the problem with this country.

They should absolutely be allowed to vote. At least 9 times out of 10, the person who represents the party that you tend to align yourself with is going to be the person you'll want in office. That still doesn't mean we should have a party line option.

States requiring exact matches of DMV and SS records is still being tried in many states. The republicans tried this in Ohio but the Supreme Court prevented it.

Many people especially young voters move without notifying authorities. In addition typos can throw out legal voters. If we are saying to the world democracy is a good idea we have to value everyone's vote here.

States requiring exact matches of DMV and SS records is still being tried in many states. The republicans tried this in Ohio but the Supreme Court prevented it.

Many people especially young voters move without notifying authorities. In addition typos can throw out legal voters. If we are saying to the world democracy is a good idea we have to value everyone's vote here.

And the other side of that coin is that voting carries with it a responsibility. If you aren't responsible enough to get registered correctly and get an ID (which in most states both is done at the DMV) then you shouldn't be voting either. :wacko:

I've never voted for a democrat in my life.

I am this year. The Republican County Commissioner isn't going to repair our road that washed out in April. The Democrat running said he would.

Usually, any person who would affiliate themselves with the party who condones infanticide would never deserve my vote. I am not talking abortion, I am talking late term abortion, or not giving medical care to aborted fetus that survive. This is the current democrat platform.

I am this year. The Republican County Commissioner isn't going to repair our road that washed out in April. The Democrat running said he would.

Usually, any person who would affiliate themselves with the party who condones infanticide would never deserve my vote. I am not talking abortion, I am talking late term abortion, or not giving medical care to aborted fetus that survive. This is the current democrat platform.

I see, despite your cracked out view of the Democratic platform, you're fine with it as long as the gubberment fixes your road. Gotcha.

And the other side of that coin is that voting carries with it a responsibility. If you aren't responsible enough to get registered correctly and get an ID (which in most states both is done at the DMV) then you shouldn't be voting either. :wacko:

Twice in my lifetime, I have had a drivers license issued to me with the wrong middle initial.

Do I really want my ability to vote hinge on the fricking DMV's ability to tell an L from a C? No thank you.

Cats and dogs, living together .... the end of the world is near!

repair it yourself you slacker

repair it yourself you slacker

We can't, they gov't blocked all access to it.

your cracked out view of the Democratic platform, you're fine with it as long as the gubberment fixes your road

My position on the democrat platform is correct, hence them making an issue of it. I hope you're not suggesting otherwise?

Twice in my lifetime, I have had a drivers license issued to me with the wrong middle initial.

Do I really want my ability to vote hinge on the fricking DMV's ability to tell an L from a C? No thank you.

So I read this as:

1) Atomic has handwriting that the average person can't read, and

2) Atomic thinks anyone too lazy to ensure their ID is correct before they leave the DMV should still be allowed to vote.

This is sad. Carry on. :wacko:

So I read this as:

1) Atomic has handwriting that the average person can't read, and

2) Atomic thinks anyone too lazy to ensure their ID is correct before they leave the DMV should still be allowed to vote.

This is sad. Carry on. :wacko:

I read this as:

1) WV must live in a very small town where going to the DMV and dealing those f'tards doesn't require clearing your calendar for at least a day.

I read this as:

1) WV must live in a very small town where going to the DMV and dealing those f'tards doesn't require clearing your calendar for at least a day.

Not at all. GA took the VA example and they run their DMV's almost like a business. The workers are still surly and just one step up from welfare brood-mares, but they generally get stuff done pretty quickly. The last time I was in was a few weeks ago to update my address and my voter registration. Less than 1/2 hour.

But really, when they give it to you is it really too much trouble to check the dang thing for accuracy? Come on, people! Are we really so lazy as that (Atomic has already answered, but anyone else feel free to chime in :wacko:)

But really, when they give it to you is it really too much trouble to check the dang thing for accuracy? Come on, people! Are we really so lazy as that (Atomic has already answered, but anyone else feel free to chime in :D)

:wacko:

My license was mailed to me.

Not at all. GA took the VA example and they run their DMV's almost like a business. The workers are still surly and just one step up from welfare brood-mares, but they generally get stuff done pretty quickly. The last time I was in was a few weeks ago to update my address and my voter registration. Less than 1/2 hour.

But really, when they give it to you is it really too much trouble to check the dang thing for accuracy? Come on, people! Are we really so lazy as that (Atomic has already answered, but anyone else feel free to chime in :D)

When I moved here, I came in at opening time, and it still took me a half day to get serviced. :wacko: