[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leaves

i_am_the_swammi

Rough.

Saw a nasty accident when driving to work this AM. Wet road, car slid off an embankment after coming down a hill and around a curve.

There was a sea of freshly fallen leaves on the road....

Folks, be careful this time of year....wet leaves offer no traction.

Try it on a motorcycle... sheesh.

Does this country really need separate Dakotas? Is the South Dakota considered the Mexican Dakota?

A few more Turkey and beef processing plants and it could very well be considered the Mexican Dakota

I should've taken a picture of my Dogwood trees. They were shocking red this year.

My dogwood has held on to its red leaves for a couple weeks now. The Red Maple beside it was terrific for about a week, but its all coming down now that it rained today. :wacko:

I'm confused. It appears that some of you are implying that the leaves fall off of trees and then by November, the trees appear to be no more than giant, dead sticks.

I have trees all over my yard and they are a beautiful green all year round*. Can someone please explain?

*On occasion during the latter summer and early fall months, we have little windstorms that blow the trees completely out of the ground. The leaves on these trees tend to fall off.

+1

sitting on balcony now next to a fully green Magnolia tree, a few brown leaves on the ground.

Absolutely love this time of year - the beautiful foilage being high on the list of reasons why.

I also love to see them dancing in the autumn winds across the roads as I drive. It's rather hypnotic.

We take our kids every year on a "leaves trip" up into the mountains and let them gather a bunch of them. They come home and make different art projects out of them and give them to grandpas and grandmas. It's a fun tradition for the whole family.

It's neat to see the interests of the kids change with this tradition too. My 11 year old son now looks for grouse feathers and decades old rifle casings. My 9 year old daughter finds thrilling beauty in what can seem like the most ordinary of leaves - it's fun just to see her enthusiam.

The leaves are largely fallen here now, but I look forward to spring nearly as much to see the trees leaf out.

Life is good. Hopefully we all take a little time to appreciate the beauty that is all around is every day. :wacko: