[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Open on Christmas Day...

keggerz

fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra

:chuckle:

Sad but true.....some people are alone on Christmas. I think it's sort of nice that a few restaurants are open. Our restaurant never was.....but we were in the Airport and it's a ghost town on Christmas day......lol.

And personally.....I loved working New Year's Eve. Then again, I had a long standing annual party I was always in charge of.....they went from 8 couples the first year to 22 couples the last year I was there.....lol. They were always very nice to me. :D Sprinkle in a few tables before that party arrived @ 9pm....and I'd have my Christmas all payed for in one night. :wacko:

Then the employees would drink and clean up until around 3am.....and head over to the closest house to play cutthroat trivial pursuit, drink (bottles of leftover champagne compliments of the management) and make breakfast and avoid all the drunks on the road......LOL. Fun times! These days...we'd probably play poker......lol. :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As all Jews know, the movie theater and the chinese restaurant are always open on Christmas day.

I need MORE restaurants open. We go out for Chinese on Christmas Eve. Now we started going on Christmas Day as well. I know the Chinese eat Chinese food every day but...

I need MORE restaurants open. We go out for Chinese on Christmas Eve. Now we started going on Christmas Day as well. I know the Chinese eat Chinese food every day but...

This is the last year that we're going to be closed on Xmas Eve. For starters, it's not exactly a holiday. None the less, we took a ton of calls this year asking us if we were going to be open. By the end of it, it dawned on me that we were missing out on what would be a pretty busy night.

So, next year I'm just going to offer anyone who wants to work on Eve some extra dough. I'm pretty sure that I won't have much trouble finding takers.

This is the last year that we're going to be closed on Xmas Eve. For starters, it's not exactly a holiday. None the less, we took a ton of calls this year asking us if we were going to be open. By the end of it, it dawned on me that we were missing out on what would be a pretty busy night.

So, next year I'm just going to offer anyone who wants to work on Eve some extra dough. I'm pretty sure that I won't have much trouble finding takers.

I don't know how a Goyem family works, but in my family if presents were opened at 8AM and a meal was served at 1 or 2, I'd be looking to get the hell away from those godawful people by dinner time, STAT.

Maybe let them keep their whole tips?

Why wouldn't they keep there entire tips? Unless there is a bartender somewhere. Besides giving the busboy his just due (and possibly the hostess), there is no reason for a waiter/waitress to split tips with anybody else. Just saying.

uh oh, here we go

lol...I have a feeling this subject has been addressed before? As an ex cook for many years, I never took tips from my wait staff. I made 3, sometimes 4 times as much as they did. Always thought it to be in bad taste. Anywho, thats just my opinion..I'm sure I'll hear others. :pinsandneedles:

It's an Asian Fusion restaurant...we don't even know what that means. I think he's accelerating Montster to as close to light speed as possible or through a black hole and trying to create a new sustainable energy or something.

Or he's holding back the juice the credit card companies charge the restaurant from the waiters when the customer puts the tip on a credit card.

I'm not sure which some people have more issues with, to be honest. Others say it's fair...because Montster probably deserved it.

lol...I have a feeling this subject has been addressed before? As an ex cook for many years, I never took tips from my wait staff. I made 3, sometimes 4 times as much as they did. Always thought it to be in bad taste. Anywho, thats just my opinion..I'm sure I'll hear others. :pinsandneedles:

In Michigan, an involuntary tip pooling policy is legal as long as tips are shared with only those who customarily receive tips. An employer who made the employees share tips with kitchen staff would be running afoul of the law.

Edit: now that I think about it, its Federal law.

Edited by Furd

It's an Asian Fusion restaurant...we don't even know what that means. I think he's accelerating Montster to as close to light speed as possible or through a black hole and trying to create a new sustainable energy or something.

Or he's holding back the juice the credit card companies charge the restaurant from the waiters when the customer puts the tip on a credit card.

I'm not sure which some people have more issues with, to be honest. Others say it's fair...because Montster probably deserved it.

So Ebenezer Detcook is holding back the CC juice of 2-5% from employees to which he only pays half of minimum wage anyway?

:wacko:here

I'm not going down this road again but should remind you that none of my cooks make $40-$150 an hour which is what they'd have to make in order to make 3-4 times as much as what my waiters make per hour depending on the shift.

That was a fun trip down memory lane. BTW, for those keeping score at home, I had to replace two waiters this last year. One moved to NYC and the other graduated from college and moved to DC to start her career. In the 3 years since I've opened, I still have not lost an FOH employee to another area restaurant.