[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Bartenders in the house ?

whomper

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats in a Gorilla Fart? I know a Duck Fart is a layered drink with Kahlua,Baileys and Crown Royal. There is a few alternate ingredients to a Duck Fart but So.Cali uses the one I listed.

I think it's rum and whiskey. With or without a dab of Tabasco. :wacko:

And I tell you what... I love rum and I can drink whiskey till the cows come home... it's just something about the combination (worse if you add the Tabasco) that makes it horrid.

Edited by darin3

I think it's rum and whiskey. With or without a dab of Tabasco. :wacko:

And I tell you what... I love rum and I can drink whiskey till the cows come home... it's just something about the combination (worse if you add the Tabasco) that makes it horrid.

Adding Tabasco to anything other than a Bloody Mary or an Oyster Shooter does not sound appealing at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Tomorrow is my first official night behind the bar that I am getting paid for. I worked behind a real bar a few weeks ago at one of the practice bars affiliated with our school but that was a freebie just to get some real experience . I got the country club job. A good friend of mine recommended me and the people at this place love this guy because they hired me right on the spot. I am working a wedding tommorow. I have studied the hell out of these drinks. I also have a pocket peeker just in case I get stumped. I think I am ready :wacko: I will report back tomorrow night. One of my favorite things about this job is no handling of money. Its allopen bar formal affairs. No cash no tabs no credit cards. Just pouring drinks . I will keep you guys posted

Update

Tomorrow is my first official night behind the bar that I am getting paid for. I worked behind a real bar a few weeks ago at one of the practice bars affiliated with our school but that was a freebie just to get some real experience . I got the country club job. A good friend of mine recommended me and the people at this place love this guy because they hired me right on the spot. I am working a wedding tommorow. I have studied the hell out of these drinks. I also have a pocket peeker just in case I get stumped. I think I am ready :wacko: I will report back tomorrow night. One of my favorite things about this job is no handling of money. Its allopen bar formal affairs. No cash no tabs no credit cards. Just pouring drinks . I will keep you guys posted

you will be fine. have a blast!

Update

If it were me I would place a tip jar somewhere near the bar.

(it helps with tips)

If it were me I would place a tip jar somewhere near the bar.

(it helps with tips)

Yes sir..Tip jars are out at every station. They are letting me work the main bar because they know I am new and if I need any help there will be 3 other bartenders right next to me. This place is pretty specialized. The main bar is anything goes. Then they have a martini bar. A wine bar. and a service bar that serves the waiters and waitresses for table service. I am pretty much wearing a tux with the exception of the jacket

Yes sir..Tip jars are out at every station. They are letting me work the main bar because they know I am new and if I need any help there will be 3 other bartenders right next to me. This place is pretty specialized. The main bar is anything goes. Then they have a martini bar. A wine bar. and a service bar that serves the waiters and waitresses for table service. I am pretty much wearing a tux with the exception of the jacket

I want you to think about this tomorrow night.

When someone drops a 10-spot in your tip jar, I want you to think this: "Well, that's gonna be sent to CD after the poker game next week."

I want you to think about this tomorrow night.

When someone drops a 10-spot in your tip jar, I want you to think this: "Well, that's gonna be sent to CD after the poker game next week."

or possibly sent tonight..are we playing ?

Wow, I was thinking that weddings should be pretty tame with limited choices. Don't remember too many with open bar and anything goes... Sounds like a great place to get some experience if you want to step it up later. I've got a couple of friends that dropped out of college and still bartend because the $$ was very good to them. Personally, I would probably get fired in a few days for sampling the goods...

Well I had my first official night last night. I can honestly say I actually really enjoyed myself. Im sure its because it was my first time doing a full shift for actual money but it just felt great to make real drinks for people and put to use all the things we did in school. The crew of bartenders I worked with were very good guys. Any help I did need they were quick to provide. I can honestly say as far as making the drinks go I got my on my own for the whole night with the exception of 2 times that I got stumped. An espresso Martini and a champagne Martini where the only 2 things I didnt know how to make all night and I poured drinks for about 8 hours

This was a wedding and the people paid for extended time so we go out of there at 1 am. The pours were a fair amount of basic stuff like Vodka tonic ,vodka cranberry, Johnny Walker on the rocks type of stuff but I also got hit with some tricky stuff as well. I know I need to work on my speed. I think I held up fine and the speed will come with more experience. My speed with the individual guests was fine but it took me more time than the other bartenders to do the big drink orders the waiters and waitresses bring over. We not only have to serve guests but the waiters and waitresses come over with some pretty big drink orders continuously. I noticed a lot of people like sour drinks like Grey Goose sours and whiskey sours

I had about 5 different people tell me the drinks I made them where delicious which made me happy. Those were people that got some of the trendy types of drinks. Some of those were Chocolate Martinis, Pomegranite Martinis, and Rasmopolitans :wacko: I really had a great time

edit to add: Like they told us in school my back is aching today and my thumb is sore from continuously using the gun and those citrus garnishes all night.

Edited by whomper

Well I had my first official night last night. I can honestly say I actually really enjoyed myself. Im sure its because it was my first time doing a full shift for actual money but it just felt great to make real drinks for people and put to use all the things we did in school. The crew of bartenders I worked with were very good guys. Any help I did need they were quick to provide. I can honestly say as far as making the drinks go I got my on my own for the whole night with the exception of 2 times that I got stumped. An espresso Martini and a champagne Martini where the only 2 things I didnt know how to make all night and I poured drinks for about 8 hours

This was a wedding and the people paid for extended time so we go out of there at 1 am. The pours were a fair amount of basic stuff like Vodka tonic ,vodka cranberry, Johnny Walker on the rocks type of stuff but I also got hit with some tricky stuff as well. I know I need to work on my speed. I think I held up fine and the speed will come with more experience. My speed with the individual guests was fine but it took me more time than the other bartenders to do the big drink orders the waiters and waitresses bring over. We not only have to serve guests but the waiters and waitresses come over with some pretty big drink orders continuously. I noticed a lot of people like sour drinks like Grey Goose sours and whiskey sours

I had about 5 different people tell me the drinks I made them where delicious which made me happy. Those were people that got some of the trendy types of drinks. Some of those were Chocolate Martinis, Pomegranite Martinis, and Rasmopolitans :wacko: I really had a great time

That's great to hear. Though I admittedly don't have a ton to go on, from what I know about you here, I'm not at all surprised that you took well to it.

Mmmmmmmmm.......an :oldRAZZ:mopolitan sounds yummy!!

Congrats Whomp on getting your "feet" wet......lol. Sounds like you had a blast...and I never doubted you would.

Knowing the routine is all fine and good.....but it's all about attitude and personality. And you are all over that! :D

The speed will come.......just look how you've mastered the speed in making whoopie. :wacko: Just takes practice. :D

:D