[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today's my sister's birthday

Scooby

If I could, I'd call her up, have her come over...we'd sit by the pool, jump in the hot tub, drink some beer and smokes some cigs, yes cigs...Is it macabre that I saved one of her cigarette butts in my memory box?..oh, and we'd have some meat. She loved steaks---ribeyes...and I'd break my workout diet just to have one with her.....

If I could, I'd call her up, have her come over...we'd sit by the pool, jump in the hot tub, drink some beer and smokes some cigs, yes cigs...Is it macabre that I saved one of her cigarette butts in my memory box?..oh, and we'd have some meat. She loved steaks---ribeyes...and I'd break my workout diet just to have one with her.....

My deepest sympathy. Though I can't relate to losing a sib, thank God, I CAN relate to losing too many very close friends. Friends that altered my life and in death altered my life again. Hard to explain. Commiserate the best way you can. The cig butt....why not? I'm not a religious person, but I am spiritual enough to think they are around us somehow. Keep her memories close to your heart. I wish I had better stuff to say.

Peace, my friend!

rr26

Ugh. That sucks that she passed.

She older or younger than you?

In a few weeks, it's my brother's b-day. He's five years older than me and died when he was 23 yo :wacko: Just saying that so you know that people undertand.

Very sorry to hear that LO! Read above. My deepest sympathy!

Happy birthday Tamra..Thanks for sharing scooby. I really believe that we all will meet again someday. While your time on earth was unfortunately short the next time you see her it will be the beginning of eternity together again.

:wacko:

Thoughts to you and yours Scooby, know that your Sis is in a better place looking down at you smiling, and probably having a nice steak, glass of wine and cigarette.

Amen!

Happy Belated B-day Tamra, you have 1 special sister :wacko: My brother would of been 56 on Christmas Eve had he not taken his life 16 years ago. My other brother would of been 53 on thanksgiving this past year. I feel your pain

Today is my mother's birthday. She would have been 82, 15 years younger than her mother lived to be. As alot on these boards know I lost a sister last year. On the 21st of this month it will already be a full year since she's been gone. It was at times tough watching football on Sundays expecting her call as it came mostlty every Sunday when she was still here. I feel your pain Scooby and if you ever need to talk, PM me and we can talk about the good things which we will always remember.

Today is my mother's birthday. She would have been 82, 15 years younger than her mother lived to be. As alot on these boards know I lost a sister last year. On the 21st of this month it will already be a full year since she's been gone. It was at times tough watching football on Sundays expecting her call as it came mostlty every Sunday when she was still here. I feel your pain Scooby and if you ever need to talk, PM me and we can talk about the good things which we will always remember.

aww, thanks Jax! it's almost 3 yrs since Tamra passed, I still feel like she's about to call, or I can look outside & see her walking up the sidewalk to my house...I guess it's the (I still can't believe she's gone denial)...but I like thinking about her, dream about her 3-4 times a wk....I must say, when she died, I was a crazy insomniac, had to get on meds for it, I thought I was dying of cancer, would stay up until about 4, then fall asleep only to have to wake up at 6 and go to work....it was horrible...things are better now, but it hurts so bad