[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Domestic duties...role reversals?

Puddy

Ironing: Don't iron a lot of clothes; typically take those types of clothes to dry clean. If something needs ironing, though, I usually just do it myself

Dishes: My wife admittedly hates kitchen chores, so I do 90% of all dish-related activities.

Laundry: I'd say 50/50. I may do a little bit more, 'cuz I work from home and it's easy to just do laundry throughout the day.

Cooking: Wife does most; probably 80/20%.

Gardening: When it comes to maintenance, she does at least 80%. But I'm the "designer-builder" when it comes to most of the landscape stuff.

Other: I sweep our house regularly (wood floors, pets). Wife and I both vacuum regularly. Wife handles a lot of the other stuff; dusting, bathrooms, etc. I help when we're having guests over.

On average, I probably do more than the "norm", mainly due to my work situation. I don't mind it at all... it helps with my allergies to have a hispanic-n-span house!

Ironing: Don't iron a lot of clothes; typically take those types of clothes to dry clean. If something needs ironing, though, I usually just do it myself

Dishes: My wife admittedly hates kitchen chores, so I do 90% of all dish-related activities.

Laundry: I'd say 50/50. I may do a little bit more, 'cuz I work from home and it's easy to just do laundry throughout the day.

Cooking: Wife does most; probably 80/20%.

Gardening: When it comes to maintenance, she does at least 80%. But I'm the "designer-builder" when it comes to most of the landscape stuff.

Other: I sweep our house regularly (wood floors, pets). Wife and I both vacuum regularly. Wife handles a lot of the other stuff; dusting, bathrooms, etc. I help when we're having guests over.

On average, I probably do more than the "norm", mainly due to my work situation. I don't mind it at all... it helps with my allergies to have a hispanic-n-span house!

see, I knew you were cool, I think if I weren't Polish, I would have been born Hispanic, I grew up in South TX, south of Austin, most of the population was Hispanic, all my friends were, the other 10% Polocks, I was related to all the Poles

see, I knew you were cool, I think if I weren't Polish, I would have been born Hispanic, I grew up in South TX, south of Austin, most of the population was Hispanic, all my friends were, the other 10% Polocks, I was related to all the Poles

Did you hear the one about the Pollock and the Puerto Rican? :wacko:

:wacko: No, that's just the silly filter here. I didn't notice after posting. Supposed to be hispanic-and-span. Edit: I'm your everyday mutt. Mostly German.

Edited by darin3

:wacko: I guess I am too then, because your list looks a lot like mine would. I do most of the grocery shopping (just because she spendstoo much, especially on junk food) and 100% of the bills. My wife does most of the yard work on the riding mower, but that is by choice. She can either wait for me to do it on the weekends or do it herself during the week. She doesn;t like the grass to be to high. :D I am the sole income and she is a stay at home mom now, so she does have a little more time than I do to do the housework stuff. When we were both working I did help out a lot more.

I forgot bills / insurance / finances / investments.

All of that is 100% mine. Except for the "spend money to make the household run" part; wife has that.

...which means she does all the grocery shopping. If it were left to me, we'd have cereal three meals a day.

My wife does everything . I chip in when I get home but my percentages are very small. My biggest help is grocery shopping and on the weekends i cook. This is as far as household chores. As far as parenting and helping with the kids I more than pull my weight

I need to preface this by stating that I am comfortable with my OCD. It gives me comfort to be a complete neat freak. If you can alphabetize it, do it. If you can color code it, you danged well better. If it can be stacked by tallest to shortest, you'd best do it. She is the complete and total opposite.

Ironing - I don't have any clothes that need ironing.

Dishes - I start and unload the dishwasher probably 80% of the time.

Laundry - She does hers and I do mine. She doesn't let me touch her clothes since I have two settings...colored and whites (like the good little Southern gentleman I am)...oh and towels. So that's three. She has about 52 different ways to wash her clothes. All I know is it takes me about 3 hours and it takes her about 33 hours. I wake up extra early and she sleeps in on the weekends so it works out.

Cooking - She's a much better cook. I grill.

Gardening - 100% me. Totally and completely me. I'm thinking about buying a lawn striper...nuff said. (That's striper, not stripper, you jackasses.) All the wimmins around here cut the grass it seems. I let her do it once on my lawn tractor once. It felt violated and uneasy watching.

Cleaning - I don't let the house get dirty where it needs to be cleaned. If there is so much as a speck on the carpet, I will take off all my clothes and clean it with my own scent.

Bill paying - Holy crap. We'd really be living in a van down by the river if she paid anything. Everything would be repossessed since we'd still have checks and must still have money.

She will sometimes take my DVDs and switch them around. She thinks its funny to drive me insane.

Reading these posts, we're more traditional than I thought.

Cooking/Dishes - We split 50/50. Whoever cooks gets out of dish duty.

Laundry/Ironing - Much like TimC, we do our own laundry. How do wimmens come up with so many rules for washing a hamper of clothes anyway?

Cleaning - She takes care of 99.9% of the cleaning inside the house because I evidently don't pass muster.

Gardening/Lawn/Outdoors - I'm responsible for mowing, weed eating, pruning hedges, shoveling snow, cleaning the yard and kennel, and pretty much everything else except her flower gardens.

Pets - I take care of the 3 bird dogs, including working them on a regular basis. She watches after that lazy cat of hers.

Cooking - wife 70%, only because I rule the grill March-November

Vacuum - wife 30%t

Dusting - wife 100%

main weekly house cleaning (floors, bathrooms, etc.) - wife 100%

Grocery shopping - wife 90%

Trash - me 100%

Mowing - me 100%

Cleaning flower beds - me 100%

Cleaning outside grills, patio furniture, decks, patio, garage - me 100%

Shovel snow/ice - me 100%

Laundry - split 50/50

Dishes - me 80%

Bills - me 100%

Bathe kids - wife 90%

Picking up house each night after four kids - split 50/50

I need to preface this by stating that I am comfortable with my OCD.

This is why my percentages are so low. My wife is OCD. She has certain ways she does everything . If I do a chore when she isnt around and she doesnt know how I did it it would blow her mind. If she asks me to do a chore when she is around I gladly do it but the problem is with her OCD it takes 5 times the amount of time it should really take no matter what you are doing because she has to check it a million times. Its a curse. I feel bad for her more than I get mad. I take shots for how much i help around the house but deep down she realizes its her fault in a lot of cases.

I do all the gardening and outside stuff like shoveling etc. I honestly wouldnt know how to do laundry. I fold clothes too. My wife actually vacuums the house about 4-5 times a day

Wow, got some real domestics here. :wacko:

And what is this "ironing" you speak of?

Me-

Outside work , lawn , firewood, any repairs.

Take out the garbage.

Vehicle service.

Pay the bills, although she balances the checkbooks.

Take care of the dog, both ends.

We are 50/50 when it comes to the kids.

My wonderful wife does 90 % of the cooking, cleaning and laundry, and it's a good thing cause I'm sure I would make a real mess of it. :D

I need to preface this by stating that I am comfortable with my OCD. It gives me comfort to be a complete neat freak. If you can alphabetize it, do it. If you can color code it, you danged well better. If it can be stacked by tallest to shortest, you'd best do it. She is the complete and total opposite.

Ironing - I don't have any clothes that need ironing.

Dishes - I start and unload the dishwasher probably 80% of the time.

Laundry - She does hers and I do mine. She doesn't let me touch her clothes since I have two settings...colored and whites (like the good little Southern gentleman I am)...oh and towels. So that's three. She has about 52 different ways to wash her clothes. All I know is it takes me about 3 hours and it takes her about 33 hours. I wake up extra early and she sleeps in on the weekends so it works out.

Cooking - She's a much better cook. I grill.

Gardening - 100% me. Totally and completely me. I'm thinking about buying a lawn striper...nuff said. (That's striper, not stripper, you jackasses.) All the wimmins around here cut the grass it seems. I let her do it once on my lawn tractor once. It felt violated and uneasy watching.

Cleaning - I don't let the house get dirty where it needs to be cleaned. If there is so much as a speck on the carpet, I will take off all my clothes and clean it with my own scent.

Bill paying - Holy crap. We'd really be living in a van down by the river if she paid anything. Everything would be repossessed since we'd still have checks and must still have money.

She will sometimes take my DVDs and switch them around. She thinks its funny to drive me insane.

were you Montessori-trained?

:wacko:People at work move my stapler and bet on how long it takes me to move it back. My OCD is alive and well at work, my office is perfect. I have given up hope at home with a messy wife and 4 kids. I would kill them all if I let myself care.

Cooking: I do most, 'cept when I work at at night and she's left to fend for herself. Often it is something we do together.

Dishes: About split

Laundry: Mostly me. Gives me something to do in front of the TV. That includes ironing. I have way more shirts that get ironed anyway, so it's not much to throw in a few of hers. Well except the fact that women's shirts are freaking impossible to iron 'cause they're all funny shaped and such and the buttons are backwards.

Bills: Her but I do the big picture finances.

Yard: Mostly her but we do big projects together.

Dogs: I run them in the am, she (or we) run them at night. We run them together on weekends.

Cleaning: Mostly her but we also have a Housekeeper that comes every other week to do the major stuff.

Pets - I take care of the 3 bird dogs, including working them on a regular basis. She watches after that lazy cat of hers.

I forgot pets. As I said in the dog thread, we adopted this beagle after the original owner couldn't handle her. It was to be "her" dog. She loves that dog...I'm more of a lab person and it's okay. Every night that beagle jumps up beside me and sits there and hardly gives her the time of day. Drives her f'n insane. :lmao:

My wife actually vacuums the house about 4-5 times a day

:hawt:

were you Montessori-trained?

I never even did laundry until I was out on my own. Had never used or touched a washing machine until I was 19 or 20. :D

:DPeople at work move my stapler and bet on how long it takes me to move it back. My OCD is alive and well at work, my office is perfect. I have given up hope at home with a messy wife and 4 kids. I would kill them all if I let myself care.

:D Star Trek comes before Star Wars WOMAN!! Not only alphabetically, but in quality as well. I keeeeeel you!!!

that's like my mom. when i was a teen, she would wake me up in the morning (or afternoon) by repeatedly ramming the vacuum against my bedroom door.

:hawter: :wacko:

I do whatever my wife tells me to do. :wacko:

She is a "surface cleaner". When she does dishes they are never clean. When she cleans the bathroom it's not really clean. When she does laundry it all goes in one load. :D If she sweeps the floor it goes in a pile until I pick it up. She NEVER empties the vacuum cleaner when she is done and NEVER cleans the lint screen in the dryer.

If I had serious OCD I'd have to bury her in the back yard.