[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cell Phones: Who has what?

keggerz

Looking at upgrading with Verizon since my 2yr plan is up and I have credits to get new phones for me and my wife.

Possibly looking at the LG Decoy which I can get one free and one for 19.99

but I am also looking at the Blackberry Pearl 8130 which i can get for free

I am not a "texter" so I dont care about how the keyboards etc work...what I like

about the BB is that it looks like it doesnt slide or flip to open...less parts that can break :wacko:

so what phones do you have and how do you like it...currently we have razors and they SUCK!

My Verzion is up also and I am at my "new every two" but I am not so thrilled with what I am seeing so far.

My wife has the LG ENV2 and she likes the phone but is not crazy about the buttons. She often makes calls by accident and I don't understand how that happens as she has the thing on key gaurd. Maybe she just puts it away to quick.

Same problem with my boys LG. I think that is the ENV1 or I know it is a VX9900. He loves that phone but that is mostly as he is a "texter" but he has the same problem with the phone making calls as he bumps it while it is in his pocket.

I have a two year old LG VX8600 and love that phone. It is the LG version of the razor, I think. They don't even make that phone any longer and that sort of sucks as I would be happy with a new upgraded version but it's not there.

I might just wait my new every two out for a while and see if anything better comes along.

Question about the BlackBerry. Is it at all worth getting that phone if you aren't going to subscribe to the email or any other pay services other than phone and text? I never looked at that BB as I figured that was a phone that you needed the extra services for but if they are decent phones I would check them out.

Edited by Skippy

My Verzion is up also and I am at my "new every two" but I am not so thrilled with what I am seeing so far.

My wife has the LG ENV2 and she likes the phone but is not crazy about the buttons. She often makes calls by accident and I don't understand how that happens as she has the thing on key gaurd. Maybe she just puts it away to quick.

Same problem with my boys LG. I think that is the ENV1 or I know it is a VX9900. He loves that phone but that is mostly as he is a "texter" but he has the same problem with the phone making calls as he bumps it while it is in his pocket.

I have a two year old LG VX8600 and love that phone. It is the LG version of the razor, I think. They don't even make that phone any longer and that sort of sucks as I would be happy with a new upgraded version but it's not there.

I might just wait my new every two out for a while and see if anything better comes along.

Question about the BlackBerry. Is it at all worth getting that phone if you aren't going to suscribe to the email or any other pay services other than phone and text? I never looked at that BB as I figured that was a phone that you needed the extra services for but if they are decent phones I would check them out.

yeah I just realized i would have to subscribe and thats not gonna happen since i dont text so that phone is now out

Verizon Blackberry 8300. I have work email on it. The native browser is by far the worst browser ever created as it flat out doesn't work on many very popular web sites and is as slow as molasses on the few it does work on. Mini Opera is required for browsing.

I stick with Motorola myself

I have a Krazer and I like it. Its the model after the Razor but I'm not sure how different it is than the Razor. And I don't think Verizon has them any more so I'm pretty much not helpful

Hope that helps :wacko:

I have a Krazer and I like it. Its the model after the Razor but I'm not sure how different it is than the Razor. And I don't think Verizon has them any more so I'm pretty much not helpful

verizon phones(not sure if it will work since I am logged in)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...ption=priceSort

Edited by keggerz

Have that, but the battery loses juice quickly.

Will be looking for something in a month or so with internet access, but not sure exactly what to get or the exact service needed.

Have that, but the battery loses juice quickly.

Will be looking for something in a month or so with internet access, but not sure exactly what to get or the exact service needed.

It depends on what you use it for. Do you allow work to contact you with this phone? If so, the BB is better suited for your needs. If the device is for your personal use, I would think the iPhone would be very fun.

two words ... i phone

My iPhone is far and away the best device I have ever owned.

Words of wisdom here.

Yeah, I love my I-phone. Anybody ever drop one? Looks fragile but I haven't put it to the test yet.

These are all smart people who you should listen to. The iphone is well worth the money and I am not a tech or apple guy.

I wouldn't mind an Iphone, but don't use one.

I'm not a phone aficionado by any means.

But if you want a touch screen, want a full QWERTY keyboard, and have the other perks like G3 internet, IM access, MP3, GPS, bluetooth, camera, and internet e-mail.

The AT&T Quickfire is an affordable option ($100 with plan and rebate).

Looking at upgrading with Verizon since my 2yr plan is up and I have credits to get new phones for me and my wife.

Possibly looking at the LG Decoy which I can get one free and one for 19.99

but I am also looking at the Blackberry Pearl 8130 which i can get for free

I am not a "texter" so I dont care about how the keyboards etc work...what I like

about the BB is that it looks like it doesnt slide or flip to open...less parts that can break :wacko:

so what phones do you have and how do you like it...currently we have razors and they SUCK!

2 yr old LG "clam shell" phone which compared to new stuff nowdays I guess looks like a brick and couldn't care less. Built-in camera which I never use, along with various other doo-dad features I never use as well (calendar, goofy ring tone options etc etc). All I want/need/use are voice mail and speed dial. Alarm feature and caller ID have been mildly useful but wouldn't even miss them much if I didn't have. Will never get the love for all the extra stuff (internet on a 2" screen? wt*o) but to each their own.

yeah I've got an iphone. I pretty much hate apple, but it's a handy little device. and for whoever asked about dropping them, yeah mine has taken a few tumbles, nothing too extreme, but it's kept on ticking.

coming from az, this is a rousing endorsement!