[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another one

dmarc117

A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.

:wacko::D:D

I think Obama is a stand-up guy, but you know he's gotta be slapping his forehead screaming "You gotta be f'n kidding me?" behind closed doors. :wacko:

He probably figured the media would give him a pass like they did during the election, never investigating any of his associates or his ties to them.

How about we put every Congress person through the same disclosure and scrutiny and then see how many are clean? I'm sure that there are plenty of folks on BOTH sides of the aisle that have played fast and loose with the rules. Or, as the Confucious say: He who lives in glass house should not throw stones.

Or, as the Confucious say: He who lives in glass house should not throw stones.

Demetri Martin has an interesting take on this...

There's a saying that goes "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Okay. How about "Nobody should throw stones." That's crappy behavior. My policy is: "No stone throwing regardless of housing situation." Don't do it. There is one exception though. If you're trapped in a glass house, and you have a stone, then throw it. What are you, an idiot? So maybe it's "Only people in glass houses should throw stones, provided they are trapped in the house with a stone." It's a little longer, but yeah.

How about we put every Congress person through the same disclosure and scrutiny and then see how many are clean? I'm sure that there are plenty of folks on BOTH sides of the aisle that have played fast and loose with the rules. Or, as the Confucious say: He who lives in glass house should not throw stones.

Hell, congressmen file bankruptcy all the time....not on taxes obviously...but they file bankruptcy and then opine about fiscal responsibility...kinda funny.

Demetri Martin has an interesting take on this...

There's a saying that goes "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Okay. How about "Nobody should throw stones." That's crappy behavior. My policy is: "No stone throwing regardless of housing situation." Don't do it. There is one exception though. If you're trapped in a glass house, and you have a stone, then throw it. What are you, an idiot? So maybe it's "Only people in glass houses should throw stones, provided they are trapped in the house with a stone." It's a little longer, but yeah.

:wacko:

Nah, he just kicks back with a Marlboro and takes it in stride.

No f'n joke, you know he is jonesin' for a cigarette right this very moment.

This does make sense:

As for her husband's tax issues, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said at a briefing: "I read the story in USA TODAY and it quotes somebody who works here. Obviously we know about the story. We reviewed her tax returns and her tax returns are in order. Her husband had an issue."

"She's not a partner in that business," Gibbs added. "We're not going to penalize her for her husband's business mistakes."

Edited by cre8tiff