[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alternative or odd ways of preparing and/or eating food...

irish

After reading RR's thread about pizza it got me thinking about eating habits and strange ways of preparing or eating things.

I wrote in that thread that I enjoy getting a pizza with the cheese on it but then scraping the cheese off and eating the sauce-dampened bread with some cheese flavor left over. I can't stand the gooey-ness of cheese but enjoy the lingering flavor.

Anyone else do that or enjoy any other odd food preparation or eating habits versus the norm?

The only way I can drink orange juice is if it is really cold, so I put a lot of ice in it (the only drink I do this with). It is somehow not the norm as most places will put lots of ice in everything except this (and milk).

When I make fried eggs (over medium), I cut around the yolk and then eat the entire yolk first without letting any of it leak onto my plate and then I eat the white part separately. I know and have seen many people just break the yolk onto their plate and then possibly dip some toast or bread into the yolk.

When I choose to eat Pop Tarts which I rarely do any more, I cut all the edges off and throw them away and only eat the frosted parts. I also only eat the cinnamon or chocolate frosted ones.

I eat the entire edge off of a Milky Way before eating the remaining candy.

Speaking of candy, I could take a handful of assorted colored candies (doesn't matter- skittles, m&ms, swedish fish, etc) and I can never just eat them in random order. I always have to group the candies together by color and eat off the excess amount that any one color has over the average of each color. So if I have 5 yellow, 6 orange, 5 green, and 7 red swedish fish, I would eat 1 red fish (I'd eat the red first cause they had 2 extra versus only 1 for the orange), then 1 orange fish and then another red fish, leaving me with 5 of each color and then I'd eat 1 fish of each color based on the ones I like least to the ones I like most. So taken the previous example, I would eat a yellow, orange, green and then red and then start over again until all were gone. :wacko:

Speaking of candy, I could take a handful of assorted colored candies (doesn't matter- skittles, m&ms, swedish fish, etc) and I can never just eat them in random order. I always have to group the candies together by color and eat off the excess amount that any one color has over the average of each color. So if I have 5 yellow, 6 orange, 5 green, and 7 red swedish fish, I would eat 1 red fish (I'd eat the red first cause they had 2 extra versus only 1 for the orange), then 1 orange fish and then another red fish, leaving me with 5 of each color and then I'd eat 1 fish of each color based on the ones I like least to the ones I like most. So taken the previous example, I would eat a yellow, orange, green and then red and then start over again until all were gone. :wacko:

OCD much? :D

Although I must admit, I do like finishing my burger and fries at the same time. Oh, and burgers = plain. Well, maybe a tomato slice on there.

of the 6 posts, irish does 4. and they are all weird. :wacko:

Oh I got more. But figured that I'd let some other Huddlers step up with their weird ways.

OCD much? :wacko:

Although I must admit, I do like finishing my burger and fries at the same time. Oh, and burgers = plain. Well, maybe a tomato slice on there.

:D Just a tad. I've got so many issues I can't shake, it's scary. Maybe deep down inside I was thinking of using this thread as therapy after reading that others have some weird behaviors as well. Hell, with all my hang ups, I need my own 504 Plan or I.E.P.

Let's hear them!!!

Probably makes irish the least dangerous.

That would certainly be interesting to look at and do an experiment on. Are people with OCD less dangerous? :wacko:

Probably because they're minds are overly consummed with washing their hands, separating candies by color or not walking on cracks in the sidewalk, etc. Although I would whoop somebodies' ass for eating one of my fish out of order and throwing off the sequencing.

:D Just a tad. I've got so many issues I can't shake, it's scary. Maybe deep down inside I was thinking of using this thread as therapy after reading that others have some weird behaviors as well. Hell, with all my hang ups, I need my own 504 Plan or I.E.P.

Let's hear them!!!

You need to have an OCD-off with cliaz.

I have no wierdness with food, unless you count occasionally going "91/2 weeks-style" on my wife. :wacko:

You need to have an OCD-off with cliaz.

I have no wierdness with food, unless you count occasionally going "91/2 weeks-style" on my wife. :wacko:

Between the two of us, things would get pretty interesting.

Does a Portugese Breafkast count?

Details...

Here's another- You've all eaten pigs in blanket I'm sure. Well I only eat the dough and will either give the hot dog part to my kids or anyone else interested or just throw them away.

When I eat soup or pasta, I salt and sprinkle cheese on every layer as I eat it.

When I eat a poptart I eat the crusty edge first before eating the frosted part. I only eat the Strawberry ones.

When I eat Kit-Kat I always eat the chocolate on the four sides first before eating the rest.

If I have three things on my plate I will eat all of one thing before moving on to the next, with the exception of mashed potatoes and english peas. I always mix these together.

When I eat mexican food, the after I've finished the entire meal, I have to eat at least one chip dipped is salsa.

When ever I eat dessert, I will always eat something salty right after it.

The only way I can drink orange juice is if it is really cold, so I put a lot of ice in it (the only drink I do this with). It is somehow not the norm as most places will put lots of ice in everything except this (and milk).

I drink a ton of OJ - over a gallon a week. I always drink it over ice and most often with a couple drops of vanilla extract (the good Mexican stuff) added to each glass. I drink pretty much everything with ice - even milk.

I like potato chips on my PBJs - adds welcome texture.

Doritos and cottage cheese together :wacko:

I also always mix my beans and rice together - probably not that odd, but it does get looks now and then. :D

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

When I eat a poptart I eat the crusty edge first before eating the frosted part. I only eat the Strawberry ones.

If I have three things on my plate I will eat all of one thing before moving on to the next,

I used to eat my Pop Tarts that way when I was younger until i decided that I was just eating what I didn't like first and saving the best for last and then I decided to just throw the part I didn't like in the trash. I also eat all of one thing before starting any other part of the meal. I actually have a sectioned dish. I also hate when my food touches. When I have stuff like steak with a marinade or anything that has gravy, I won't even put the other parts of the meal on the same plate because I don't want the gravy/marinade touching the other stuff.

I drink a ton of OJ - over a gallon a week. I always drink it over ice and most often with a couple drops of vanilla extract (the good Mexican stuff) added to each glass. I drink pretty much everything with ice - even milk.

I like potato chips on my PBJs - adds welcome texture.

Doritos and cottage cheese together :D

I also always mix my beans and rice together - probably not that odd, but it does get looks now and then. :D

The Doritos and cottage cheese... :wacko:

The potato chips on PB&J isn't a bad idea.