[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Step Brothers

alexgaddis

Wow. Strange you should post this today. I just saw this for the first time on Saturday and while it had its moments I am pretty much in agreement with you on this one.

When he tea bagged the drums and the part at the very end when they beat up the kids were the funniest parts for me. The rest was a ton of swings and misses

I didn't so much as chuckle. That said, I didn't see the last 20 minutes or so. Luckily the film cut out at the theatre, and rather than waiting to walk the plank we just up and left. Sad film. And I'm sorry, but Talladege Nights really isn't that funny either. Anchorman on the other hand is pure genius. Why can't every comedy just be like Grandma's Boy?

Watched this over the weekend. It started off great, then just fizzled to an unremarkable ending. I did laugh in parts, but not enough. The fight scene at the very end was pretty good.

I think that it was a great idea----step brothers at age 40 living with their parents, and Ferrall and Reily play really well off each other. To me, however, the constant foul language was what brought it down. Just systematic of lazy writing, I suppose.

Worst movie Ive ever seen is Semi Pro

This ranks as one of the top 5 worst.

I also Like Will Ferrell. Talladega Nights was genius. Everything else is a failed attempt to match that success.

I think he was already cashing it in by then. Mind you, it was, indeed, much better than Semi-Pro and I haven't seen stepbrothers.

Like Jack Black, I think he's way better at stealing the show than he is at being cast as the lead. Old School and Zoolander are great examples.

:wacko:

Probably the best of the Ferrell movies imo...

I like him in lesser roles rather than being the star or even the co-star....

I liked him in Wedding Crashers, Old School, Zoolander, Blades of Glory and Step Brothers better than Anchorman...

Anchorman had some hilarious parts....but others were more silly than hilarious and this occurs less in Step Brothers even though this one wasn't great either imo...

his roles in other movies were better because he pops in and out and throws a change of pace in the comedy....he's a middle-relief pitcher, not a closer...

I like him in lesser roles rather than being the star or even the co-star....

I liked him in Wedding Crashers, Old School, Zoolander, Blades of Glory and Step Brothers better than Anchorman...

Anchorman had some hilarious parts....but others were more silly than hilarious and this occurs less in Step Brothers even though this one wasn't great either imo...

his roles in other movies were better because he pops in and out and throws a change of pace in the comedy....he's a middle-relief pitcher, not a closer...

+1

I also think there were some great parts of Anchorman but sort of got bored part way through. It's as if the writers get lazy when he's the go-to. They just keep going back to the well too many times and don't bother to put much of a script together.

Though maybe he's a closer, not a starter?

Edited by detlef

Really amazes me alot of you all didn't like Stepbrothers......... me and buddies here are quoting the chit out of it- and everyone I hang out with loved it for the most part..........and it is a MUST HAVE IMO......

I mean, anyone who grew up with brothers, fighting, mixing it up and being just a dumbass kid - it is on point.

Different strokes I guess, b/c I loved Old School, Blades was funny and so was Anchorman - I thought Talladega was average at best.

Edited by wildcat2334

+1

I also think there were some great parts of Anchorman but sort of got bored part way through. It's as if the writers get lazy when he's the go-to. They just keep going back to the well too many times and don't bother to put much of a script together.

Though maybe he's a closer, not a starter?

yeah I meant starter...not closer... :wacko:

We just watched this again the other night. It's not his best stuff by any means. Ferrell couldn't end the show any better than to rehash his old blades of glory tune? The step Dad with the potty mouth was just plain stupid. There were a few parts I like though.

Edited by MikesVikes

Wow. Strange you should post this today. I just saw this for the first time on Saturday and while it had its moments I am pretty much in agreement with you on this one.

When he tea bagged the drums and the part at the very end when they beat up the kids were the funniest parts for me. The rest was a ton of swings and misses

The wife and I agreed with this. I have never seen Anchorman or Talledega Nights either, not much of a movie guy.

• 1 year later...