[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's personally helped by the stimulus?

Randall

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl:

HELP?????

:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl:

I am a self-reliant, responsible American that only owes money on ONE car and my Mortgage that I refused to allow a stoopid real estate agent talk me into something bigger that I knew I wouldn't be able to afford when the real rates kicked in three to five years down the road. I support six people on my modest salary and the Government says I earn too much to get my 3 year old into head start though a bunch of illegal alien kids (my wife is a naturalized LEGAL immigrant from Mexico) reep the benefits of the very tax dollars I pay to support the program while we eat beans and rice three days a week.

So much for being a responsible and accountable citizen.

Helped by the PORKulus package? I am more pissed off now than ever!!! :wacko:

All it does is force another insult square up my :D

I get 100% grade A screwed by this stimulus plan.

I don't get screwed other than watching the national debt arrive at levels we can NEVER pay off, or even significantly dent. It's depressing to think that the debt annual interest is approaching the size of the annual Pentagon budget.

I don't get screwed other than watching the national debt arrive at levels we can NEVER pay off, or even significantly dent. It's depressing to think that the debt annual interest is approaching the size of the annual Pentagon budget.

:wacko:

If you are a fiscally responsible tax paying person, you get SCREWED by this stimulus. When your already in excess of 50% of your income taxes go through the roof, then you will feel it. Get a check for $300, don't get a check for $300, makes no substantive difference.

The only people that are not screwed are the people in Obama's cabinet (they don;t pay taxes), a fair majority of the other elected officials in congress, and the large constituency that has been deemed worthy of your money and mine.

I too am making every mortgage payment on time, every revolving debt payment, every car payment, every college tuition payment for my wife, every daycare payment for my four kids...and living a very modest lifestyle while doing it. I'd love for the government to help me out, but it ain't gonna happen. I doubt I will receive anything, other than some of the residual benefits mentioned in prior posts (better roads, etc.)

But I don't have a problem with the stimulus plan, as long as the funds are put to good use.....the mortgage-rescue portion of it, if executed correctly, should help rescue many people who were un-done by ruthless lenders who manipulated appraisers to over-valuing real estate so they could close loans. They lent money to people who they likely knew couldn't afford it and/or weren't educated enough to realize this for themselves. These unethical lenders and appraisers should be in jail. They are the ones that corrupted the system.

They are estimating that 5 million families could receive help in refinancing their homes to a more affordable plan. No one is getting rich....no one is taking equity and putting it in their pockets. They are just re-doing their loans to help offset the loss in value they sustained. I'd much rather see this happen than see these 5 million additional homes on the market, and 5 million families on the street.

I get 100% grade A screwed by this stimulus plan.

+1

My gift for being responsible? Yup, another deep fisting by the American gov't.

I heard there were possible reFi benefits for those that arent in trouble going in to effect ? This is where i would love to benefit. Thankfully I am current on all of my payables and my wife and I have excellent credit but I am battling high credit card payments right now and would love to offset it with Refi

I too am making every mortgage payment on time, every revolving debt payment, every car payment, every college tuition payment for my wife, every daycare payment for my four kids...and living a very modest lifestyle while doing it. I'd love for the government to help me out, but it ain't gonna happen. I doubt I will receive anything, other than some of the residual benefits mentioned in prior posts (better roads, etc.)

But I don't have a problem with the stimulus plan, as long as the funds are put to good use.....the mortgage-rescue portion of it, if executed correctly, should help rescue many people who were un-done by ruthless lenders who manipulated appraisers to over-valuing real estate so they could close loans. They lent money to people who they likely knew couldn't afford it and/or weren't educated enough to realize this for themselves. These unethical lenders and appraisers should be in jail. They are the ones that corrupted the system.

They are estimating that 5 million families could receive help in refinancing their homes to a more affordable plan. No one is getting rich....no one is taking equity and putting it in their pockets. They are just re-doing their loans to help offset the loss in value they sustained. I'd much rather see this happen than see these 5 million additional homes on the market, and 5 million families on the street.

Good post. The theme on the boards a lot in regards to people getting help are that these people were laying back doing nothing and now are receiving some sort of windfall handout . I am not just speaking of the predatory lending "victim/people that should have known better" . I am sure some lazy Megan Foxes will benefit from the stimulous plan but I am also sure that some hard working people that are probably sick over needing help and are proud good people that have just been flushed out of their jobs because of the recession that will benefit too. I dont have a problem with measures being made to help people who worked just as hard as they always had and got their lives ripped out from under them because of the recession.

There are many people that are just lazy fine upstanding young mans that are looking to suck the govt Teet. Dont forget there are many that are not that are aggressively seeking employment that just isnt there right now that need all the help they can get.

Edited by whomper

If you're an educated, responsible tax-paying citizen, you get anally raped. :wacko:

How are you really getting raped? Seems a little dramatic.

So your taxes may go up in the future to help offset the cost of implementing this program. OK. I get it. But does that mean you are "getting raped", or does it mean you're doing your part to help your nation overcome what was historically one of the largest economic crashes in its history. There are many to blame in this fiasco. And as in decades past, the strong are going to have to carry some of the weak to allow the country to recover.

And don't think those that are getting some aid are using it to live in penthosue suites. Most are using it just to be able to stay afloat. to say they are "cashing in" is a little over the top.

So your taxes may go up in the future to help offset the cost of implementing this program. OK. I get it. But does that mean you are "getting raped", or does it mean you're doing your part to help your nation overcome what was historically one of the largest economic crashes in its history. There are many to blame in this fiasco. And as in decades past, the strong are going to have to carry some of the weak to allow the country to recover.

And don't think those that are getting some aid are using it to live in penthosue suites. Most are using it just to be able to stay afloat. to say they are "cashing in" is a little over the top.

I guess I should have included future generations of responsible, tax-paying citizens, of which there are becoming fewer and fewer.

How long will this tax ponzi scheme will last? :wacko:

By definition, if I have to pay more taxes so that you can get financial aid because you were irresponsible with your money, then I am getting screwed. I already did my part by paying all of the taxes I already paid, on time AND by not putting myself in a situation where I had more debt service than I could handle.

I know that my position on this makes me seem like a heartless jerk....

This isn't just about people jobbing the system or that I think someone getting a bailout is going to move into a penthouse. This is about people irresponsibly over-reaching and getting caught. Kid Cid's situation is an example to be commended. He's made good choices, and even though he's been out of work a while the choices he made in his past have not put him in a position to lose his home.

People that built up credit card debt, over purchased homes, couldn't control their spending, bought too much car or not economical enough of a car, have cell phones, cable TV, smoking and drinking habits, nice AV equipment in their homes, etc., etc., are not people that did so because they knew they could job the system into paying. Those people just weren't thinking about their expenses. They didn't make sure they had enough savings to cushion a problem and didn't buy a home they could afford if the SHTF.

Yes, some percentage of people will have had other issues such as tragedies in the family, medical problems, etc. Is that a large percentage of the people in trouble? I have not read anything to support that.

It might seem like a small sacrifice to people here, but I didn't even have cable TV until just over a year ago, and only had internet service from home in the last 2.5 years. That was because I couldn't save enough money to make sure I could pay my bills, do other things I wanted to do, and afford the cable. My wife didn't have a cell phone until a few years ago because she couldn't afford it. And for the first time in 11 years I am driving a new vehicle, but one that I can afford.

I don't have a special set of pom-poms at home that I use to cheerlead the idea of 5 million families getting thrown out of their homes, but I sure am not swallowing the jagged pill that says that I have to get saddled with tax debt to pay for their foolishness, while people realizing these benefits just move on with their lives. These things are going to happen. I still don't have to like the circumstances of how people got there or what's being done to bail them out.

By definition, if I have to pay more taxes so that you can get financial aid because you were irresponsible with your money, then I am getting screwed. I already did my part by paying all of the taxes I already paid, on time AND by not putting myself in a situation where I had more debt service than I could handle.

I know that my position on this makes me seem like a heartless jerk....

No, it does not make you a heartless jerk, and I do see your point and understand your frustration. At the end of the day, though, these are costs that Americans have to absorb for the betterment of the country.

Let me put it this way:

I am not on welfare, but pay taxes to support it. I am realtively healthy, but pay high healthcare premiums because of those that are at risk....and also am taxed to support healthcare for those that do not have it. I am literate, but my tax dollars go towards support programs that help people learn to read. I work to afford a decent house, but pay taxes to support government-subsidized housing programs for the poor and/or those that elect not to work and live in government-run shelters. I don't commit crimes, but pay taxes to support a police department to Josh Gordon out offenders. I don't use guns, but my taxes go towards government spending used to create laws that address gun use. I do not use drugs, but millions of taxpayer dollars are spent on rehabilitating drug-users.

The list could go on and on an on. We all have dollars from our own pockets that go towards programs that do not benefit oursleves. Its part of living in a society. This current stimulus plan is sensitive because it is current...but really, isn't this just another in a long list of things we have been doing all along?

No, it does not make you a heartless jerk, and I do see your point and understand your frustration. At the end of the day, though, these are costs that Americans have to absorb for the betterment of the country.

Let me put it this way:

I am not on welfare, but pay taxes to support it. I am realtively healthy, but pay high healthcare premiums because of those that are at risk....and also am taxed to support healthcare for those that do not have it. I am literate, but my tax dollars go towards support programs that help people learn to read. I work to afford a decent house, but pay taxes to support government-subsidized housing programs for the poor and/or those that elect not to work and live in government-run shelters. I don't commit crimes, but pay taxes to support a police department to Josh Gordon out offenders. I don't use guns, but my taxes go towards government spending used to create laws that address gun use. I do not use drugs, but millions of taxpayer dollars are spent on rehabilitating drug-users.

The list could go on and on an on. We all have dollars from our own pockets that go towards programs that do not benefit oursleves. Its part of living in a society. This current stimulus plan is sensitive because it is current...but really, isn't this just another in a long list of things we have been doing all along?

The list is too long, has been for a long time.

You've got a good attitude about this, can you send me a few bucks?

It is a great deal for the majority of Obama's voters who don't pay taxes. For those of us that are saddled with the burden of supporting everyone else, it sucks, and is going to do more harm than good. While I can see some short term good in it, in the long term we are all going to be worse off, of course Obama already knows that because the CBO told him, but by the time we end up having to pay for it, He won't be eligible for another term assuming buying off all the low income voters gets him re-elected, and they don't see through his scheme.