[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home values decline a record amount

i_am_the_swammi

I used the zillow thingy. It showed my house, the 2007 tax appraisal, the square footage and # of bedrooms and baths I have, (it was wrong, but so is the county's info). It also showed a pretty sharp satellite image of my house. I could tell it was taken in the late fall because of the number of leaves in my pool.

so it is, I thought you couldn't get mkt values for TX houses, like on Coldwell Banker, etc...anyway, I did see mine w/ current gregg county #'s, 1/2 bath less, though, but no satellite image

I don't have the time right now to go looking for my short-sale thread from a few months ago, but I think we're in basically the worst possible situation, as far as home values go. Bought our house in April 2004 for $308K. Refinanced two years later, and the appraisal came through at $385K. We currently have our house on the market, listed at a whopping $129K... We're smack dab in the middle of the worst part of the country for this decline. Just got an offer for $120K, and we're proposing it to our lender as a short-sale. They can either take the offer, or we'll be forced to foreclose. Either way, it sucks big-time. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

I don't have the time right now to go looking for my short-sale thread from a few months ago, but I think we're in basically the worst possible situation, as far as home values go. Bought our house in April 2004 for $308K. Refinanced two years later, and the appraisal came through at $385K. We currently have our house on the market, listed at a whopping $129K... We're smack dab in the middle of the worst part of the country for this decline. Just got an offer for $120K, and we're proposing it to our lender as a short-sale. They can either take the offer, or we'll be forced to foreclose. Either way, it sucks big-time. :wacko:

Wow, that sucks. So sorry.

I don't have the time right now to go looking for my short-sale thread from a few months ago, but I think we're in basically the worst possible situation, as far as home values go. Bought our house in April 2004 for $308K. Refinanced two years later, and the appraisal came through at $385K. We currently have our house on the market, listed at a whopping $129K... We're smack dab in the middle of the worst part of the country for this decline. Just got an offer for $120K, and we're proposing it to our lender as a short-sale. They can either take the offer, or we'll be forced to foreclose. Either way, it sucks big-time. :D

:wacko:

first thread

Second thread

• 1 year later...

Judging by local prices for similar properties, mine is down around 15% from it's peak. I don't care though since I'm here for the next seven years.

Edit: And I have about $140k equity in it through not using it as a piggy bank.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Got lucky, mine should sell for about what I have in it. Neighbors house, pretty much same as mine, sold for 13K more than the old neighbor paid.

Wow, that really does suck. Where in the BA do you live?