[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatoo or no tatoo

Cunning Runt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a wife and kid and your on spring break?

Ya - kids are on spring break and the wiff is a teacher herself.

I had the chance at a tat and passed a little bit ago (minutes ago). Grabbed a pizza instead.

Still want one though. It's not dead yet.

I don't regret the tattoo I got when I was 20, but that doesn't mean I'd go out and get another. That's the thing though, I got it when I was 20. I'm just glad it wasn't something huge and stupid.

Think of it this way, nearly everyone our age who has a tattoo thinks of it in one of two ways. They either regret the hell out of doing it or don't mind having done it but aren't fired up about it either.

On a somewhat related note, my dad told me about when he got his tattoo back in the day. He and a few Air Force buddies got loaded and stumbled into a parlor and wanted one. The woman working the joint told them to come back tomorrow when they were sober and pick something out. They argued a bit but she wouldn't budge. Next day, they came back and picked out their tats. Sober, they picked normal ones. Then she said, "Now go get drunk and come back."

When they came back, they all changed their mind, of course. "I want Death Before Dishonor", "I want a skull and crossbones on my chest!" But she told them she would only give them the ones they picked out that morning. Needless to say, my dad is happy it worked out that way.

Ya - kids are on spring break and the wiff is a teacher herself.

I had the chance at a tat and passed a little bit ago (minutes ago). Grabbed a pizza instead.

Still want one though. It's not dead yet.

I think he was implying that you were on Spring Break with buddies instead of the family.

On a somewhat related note, my dad told me about when he got his tattoo back in the day. He and a few Air Force buddies got loaded and stumbled into a parlor and wanted one. The woman working the joint told them to come back tomorrow when they were sober and pick something out. They argued a bit but she wouldn't budge. Next day, they came back and picked out their tats. Sober, they picked normal ones. Then she said, "Now go get drunk and come back."

When they came back, they all changed their mind, of course. "I want Death Before Dishonor", "I want a skull and crossbones on my chest!" But she told them she would only give them the ones they picked out that morning. Needless to say, my dad is happy it worked out that way.

:wacko: Funny story.

CR- Sounds to me like you're trying to talk yourself into it, which is probably a pretty bad idea on something permanent. Truth is they are never as cool as you think, they don't make you look tougher or younger which is why most guys get them, and you usually end up looking like some desperate poser in the end. Look at all the guys out there that got tribal armbands and barbwire tatoos about 10 years ago, I bet they wish somebody had talked em out of it.

Why do you hate Whomper?

I may be wrong here, but I thought I remember Whomp saying he also sports a mullet. I'd love to be the cool daddio at the beach with my mullet and sweetazz tribal tatoo. Throw in a wife beater and a few gold chains and you'd be irresistable.

I'd love to be the cool daddio at the beach with my mullet and sweetazz tribal tatoo. Throw in a wife beater and a few gold chains and you'd be irresistable.

:wacko:

I may be wrong here, but I thought I remember Whomp saying he also sports a mullet. I'd love to be the cool daddio at the beach with my mullet and sweetazz tribal tatoo. Throw in a wife beater and a few gold chains and you'd be irresistable.

and a banana hammock. oh wait that's isleseeya, not whomper.

Answer: The Old Testament law commanded the Israelites, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28). So, even though believers today are not under the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15), the fact that there was a command against tattoos should cause us to question. The New Testament does not say anything about whether a believer should or should not get a tattoo.

In relation to tattoos and body piercings, a good test is to determine whether we can honestly, in good conscience, ask God to bless and use the particular activity for His own good purposes. "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31). The New Testament does not command against tattoos or body piercings, but it also does not give us any reason to believe God would have us get tattoos or body piercings.

We need to set you up with your own forum. Can anyone make this happen?

Why? Do you want people to come up and go "nice tattoo"? I don't get it.

Thats what they say to me :wacko: Two of my three tats I designed myelf and have a personal meaning to me. I don't think I could ever just go in and pick something off of the wall.

My answer is if you are having this much of an internal struggle, you probably shouldn't. But if you do decide you want one take the time to figure out what you want and who is going to do it. Make sure it is a tattoo artist that you trust and its something that you will be happy about for the rest of your life.

I drink bud cans at the beach and wear cut jeans .

I have 7 Tattoos

Both of my daughters names, my wifes name , Roses on my inner forearm and shoulder. Burning roses on my hip that is the worst tattoo ever. It was given the nickname "The burning cabbage", A guitar on my shoulder . I regret 1 tat. I got a woman on my arm when I was 19. It was just a random womans face that was on the wall at the tattoo parlor. It came out good but everyone asks me who it is and it really isnt anybody. A friend of mine suggested I just tell people its Mindy Cohn from the facts of life so that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 15 years

Edited by whomper

Thats what they say to me :wacko: Two of my three tats I designed myelf and have a personal meaning to me. I don't think I could ever just go in and pick something off of the wall.

My answer is if you are having this much of an internal struggle, you probably shouldn't. But if you do decide you want one take the time to figure out what you want and who is going to do it. Make sure it is a tattoo artist that you trust and its something that you will be happy about for the rest of your life.

+1

I have 4 myself and don't regret any of them and will get more as well.

I've got nothing against them, but I've never found anything that I'd permanently want on my body. One of my buddy's Mom died when he was 14. When he turned 18 he got her initials on his arm. Stuff like that makes sense. I'd never just go find a squiggly line that I liked that day and put it on my arm. At this point, I probably won't get one. That's ok with me. My arms aren't what they used to be anyway. :wacko:

Well - didn't get it, but I've been to the tatoo place twice in the last year plus today. The spring break component was maybe gonna be what it took to finally get me to pull the trigger.

I do think I want one. Like I said - probably the first letter of the first name of all three of my boys, so "RTC" in a cool style - all in black.

I dunno. Part of thinks the time is past me. The other part says that that sort of thing is what keeps me young - in mind anyway.

Much more mainstream these days so I don't think it'd be too "out there" to get one.

Now when I get my ballsack pierced, now that's another story entirely......

I don't regret mine (skull and cross bones fraternity tattoo). That said: (1) it meant something to me then and still does; and (2) it will assist my family in identifying my remains if I'm ever decapitated. But if neither of those situations apply to you, then don't get one. Instead, see if you barter something with the Mrs. in exchange for *not* getting one.

So I'm a little buzzed as I type this and I'm on spring break in Orlando.

That's the preface...

I've always wanted a tatoo - I'm thinking all three of my boy's initials in a cool font on my right bicep/shoulder.

My wife HATES tatoos and i've always deferred.

Go for it anyway?

aren't you 40 or so, married with kids?

get it together, homie- no reason for dat chit, just ride out the wacko-buzz you have.

the only reason any white boy 40+ with a family would get tatted up is if they are from either Indiana or Pennsyltucky

never mind.........Terre Haute or Valparaiso????

aren't you 40 or so, married with kids?

get it together, homie- no reason for dat chit, just ride out the wacko-buzz you have.

the only reason any white boy 40+ with a family would get tatted up is if they are from either Indiana or Pennsyltucky

never mind.........Terre Haute or Valparaiso????

:wacko: 43, Ft. Wayne