[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Good News thread

whomper

Everywhere you turn these days it seems like it is bad news. Economy sucks, Friends and family are losing jobs and more importantly having health problems with some of us. Now we have the lovely swine flu to add to our troubles. Give us something good in this thread. Anyone that has anything good post it proudly here so we can bask in some good news among friends. Any new babies born or on the way ? New jobs ? Anyone getting married ? Engaged ? What do you got ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While sales are off at Jujube 7% ytd from last year, bottom line is actually nearly static. So that's good.

Construction at the new place is going great and public interest is crazy. I really have a great feeling about it. We're 3 blocks away from a new theater that is selling out every show.

On the home front, my wife and I have been able to adapt our budget to her being laid off in February from a job she hated, so there's no huge pressure for her to take the first thing she finds and she can actually look for something she likes. In the meantime, she's turned her hyperactivity towards the yard and it's looking insanely good.

While sales are off at Jujube 7% ytd from last year, bottom line is actually nearly static. So that's good.

Construction at the new place is going great and public interest is crazy. I really have a great feeling about it. We're 3 blocks away from a new theater that is selling out every show.

On the home front, my wife and I have been able to adapt our budget to her being laid off in February from a job she hated, so there's no huge pressure for her to take the first thing she finds and she can actually look for something she likes. In the meantime, she's turned her hyperactivity towards the yard and it's looking insanely good.

:wacko:

The engineering firm I work for is doing extremely well since we have very few eggs in the private development basket, and my wife has a great job that is secure.

We broke ground on the new house last Monday, and it is scheduled to be done by the middle of August.

Just finished our mandatory classes to become approved as adoptive parents and will start looking at matches in the near future.

It's turkey and bear season, and the fishing is starting to heat up, too.

I have a lot of good news to be thankful about.

I vowed to have a good looking lawn no matter what. Also, I've knocked out a portion of cleaning out my woods I've been dying to do since I moved in. I've been working my butt off through poison ivy every other week, but it's starting to look fantastic. I finally got my

for my pick-up truck last week and that thing rocks. No more going shoveling dirt and mulch. Just drive to where you want it and dump it or just let it loose in a wheelbarrow. You take out the hardest part of the job and it becomes enjoyable. I figure another 2 years or so and it'll be awesome.

Work is also going fantastic. We cut staff by 30% last fall and weeded out alot of the dead weight. I feel my productivity has increased since I'm not answering the same dumb questions and having to stop and help them out all the time. It is true, in some cases, that you're better off doing it yourself.

Oh, and I took the top off the Vette this past weekend with the nice weather and it's driving fantastic. :wacko:

Still employed and the company is ready to dive in with a large splash once the commercial market touches the bottom. Our future looks exceptionally bright once we get thru these turbulent times.

Kids are all healthy and happy. Still totally in love with my beautiful wife of 11 years.

Phils are defending champs, and starting to heat-up after the 1st month if the season. Eagles offseason went from head-scratching (Dawkins) to phenomenal, and the city is alive with positive vibes about the 2009 season.

Still grumpy at times dealing with the day-to-day grind, but all in all, can't complain...

family vacation to socal. 2 vegas trips later in the summer. trip to hawaii in oct. puppy is doing better (behaviorally). daughter is a joy. work is going well for me. looking forward to hitting some baseball games this summer.