[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dinner for the Mom's

Swampnuts

Drove down to the old neighborhood is SW Detroit this morning. Picked up a pound of marinated chicken fajita meat (veggies included) and a pound of taco meat, a pack of corn tortillas and flour tortillas, 1/2 pound of guacamole, pound of pico de gallo and some frijoles. We had a regular fiesta at the house this evening.

Drove down to the old neighborhood is SW Detroit this morning. Picked up a pound of marinated chicken fajita meat (veggies included) and a pound of taco meat, a pack of corn tortillas and flour tortillas, 1/2 pound of guacamole, pound of pico de gallo and some frijoles. We had a regular fiesta at the house this evening.

any leftovers? :wacko:

I did a couple of beer can chickens on The Egg, home made mac and cheese (used cheddar and fontina along with shallots and bacon), and asapargus cooked in garlic and oil and then briefly steamed in chicken stock (recipe courtesy of detlef). My mother and my wife both believe me to be wonderful. They are, of course, correct.

I did a couple of beer can chickens on The Egg, home made mac and cheese (used cheddar and fontina along with shallots and bacon), and asapargus cooked in garlic and oil and then briefly steamed in chicken stock (recipe courtesy of detlef). My mother and my wife both believe me to be wonderful. They are, of course, correct.

Una--my wife bought me a large Egg last year for Fathers Day.....un F'n Believable!!! I'm a HUGH BBQer in general, I have photo's of my BBQ island somewhere on here to prove that, but since I got the Egg, my gas grill hasn't been used. For Mothers Day, we did Carne Asada, beef and chicken. NOTHING compares with the quality of grillling on the egg. Ribs, Sittin' Chickens, pulled pork, cheeseburgers etc, come out fantastic. I encourage anybody to pony up the dough to purchase one of these. I'm telling you, a regular burger turns into a piece of heaven.

Una--my wife bought me a large Egg last year for Fathers Day.....un F'n Believable!!! I'm a HUGH BBQer in general, I have photo's of my BBQ island somewhere on here to prove that, but since I got the Egg, my gas grill hasn't been used. For Mothers Day, we did Carne Asada, beef and chicken. NOTHING compares with the quality of grillling on the egg. Ribs, Sittin' Chickens, pulled pork, cheeseburgers etc, come out fantastic. I encourage anybody to pony up the dough to purchase one of these. I'm telling you, a regular burger turns into a piece of heaven.

not only that, but I heard if you buy a big enough green egg, you automatically get "Operating Thetan" status

Your wife did not purchase The Egg for you--simply, it was your time. You were ready for The Egg and it came to you. I do not find it surprising that you no longer find your outdoor stove of use. Your perception of the world has been forever changed. The smell of propane and wood chips in tinfoil pouches are for those who are unenlightened. Do not fear the unenlightened and most certainly, do not disparage them. Seek only to help them find their path. The Egg is patient.