[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

****** Huddle Message Board Mock Draft *******

DMD

Turner went 18th?!?

In the future, some of you may want to be sober for your draft.

PPr League with mandatory 3 WRs. Turner's value is diminished due to his complete lack of a presence in the passing game. That and I would assume that most of the other drafters, as well as me, find it fairly unlikely that Turner will come close to repeating the 1700 yard/17 TD season he had. He'll likely still put up solid numbers, but not enough to warrant a super high pick.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the hold up, didn;t get the last slew of Draft update e-mails, so was not aware I was the hold up as I was away from the computer.

Glad to get mcGahee this late, was hoping that, against the odds, McCoy would fall to me in the next round but T-Bone snagged him with the very next pick.

PPr League with mandatory 3 WRs. Turner's value is diminished due to his complete lack of a presence in the passing game. That and I would assume that most of the other drafters, as well as me, find it fairly unlikely that Turner will come close to repeating the 1700 yard/17 TD season he had. He'll likely still put up solid numbers, but not enough to warrant a super high pick.

PPR, shmeepr. I agree he won't match last year's numbers, but he should still have gone at least in the top 10.

Some seem to have "overthunk" about it. :wacko:

Edited by spider321

PPR, shmeepr. I agree he won't match last year's numbers, but he should still have gone at least in the top 10.

Some seem to hae "overthunk" about it. :wacko:

OR, maybe, just maybe, some used this mock to try something different to see how a team might turn out. I mean, that is the purpose of a mock right? Thats why I do them anyway...

Sorry for the hold up, didn;t get the last slew of Draft update e-mails, so was not aware I was the hold up as I was away from the computer.

Glad to get mcGahee this late, was hoping that, against the odds, McCoy would fall to me in the next round but T-Bone snagged him with the very next pick.

I was getting 1 of McCoy, Maroney or McGahee in that order. Being in the Baltimore area and somewhat of a Ravens homer, I was hard pressed to take McGahee over the other 2

I like how my team ended up since they are all sleepers and sure-to-studs... :D

Oh yes, and I make my picks at least 28 minutes faster than anyone. :wacko:

So, what am I missing about Mike Walker JAC-WR? Seems like he should've gone a little earlier, no? I just looked and see you have him as the #60 WR? Why so low? No confidence in him, in JAC, in Garrard?

My problem with Walker is that he has never stayed healthy even with a limited role.

So, what am I missing about Mike Walker JAC-WR? Seems like he should've gone a little earlier, no? I just looked and see you have him as the #60 WR? Why so low? No confidence in him, in JAC, in Garrard?

I think Garrard is a top 10 QB this coming season. Between the additions of Holt, Thomas, and Dillard I'm concerned that he may not hold the starting job all year, and that he'll have some really reduced opportunities.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Do you think he'll lose/not get the starting job cuz of injury, someone else beat him out or that the coaches simply won't give him the chance?

I'm not certain the #3 WR will get enough targets after Holt, #2, RBs and TEs. (Obviously, we'll learn a lot in camp and pre-season, but...) What's your guess as to who the #2 will be?

I think Thomas will be capable of playing circles around Walker, and JAX is very high on both Holt and Dillard right now. I would have loved to have acquired Thomas in every dynasty draft I was in, but the word was out and he went quicker than I expected.

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Orton, Kyle DEN QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Hightower, Tim ARI RB

White, LenDale TEN RB

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Walter, Kevin HOU WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Brown, Kris HOU PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

very happy with my team. i avoided the WR run and opted instead to take the consensus #1 QB and a strong RB combo in forte and barber. i was happy to still nab a solid group of WRs, each with good upside relative to where they were taken in the draft compared to others. looks to me like many teams did get 1-2 top WRs but the quality of the other WRs drops off quite fast. i tried to stay with players with upside for my bench and did that with a younger group of position players that are positioned well to produce.

this is one of the harder drafts in recent memory due to so many question marks at the RB position which i believe fueled the early run on more sure thing WRs. it seemed like in the past you could just grab a team's starter and you just hoped that you got one from an offense that produced. now you have committees all over the place and hot young rookies waiting in the wing right behind the committee. how some of these situations shake out will determine what teams will be there in the end.

other drafts i like are billy, brad and 3WZ. billy's got a great RB combo in gore and slaton, TO and roy leading the WRs. romo has to come back strong, however. brad's success will hinge on LT and if he's LT, look out. personally, i skipped LT because it seems he has lost his first step. if it turns out that that was because of his injury and he's still the LT we love, pairing that with mcfadden is exciting and roddy and welker will be PPR gods and rodgers is solid. for 3WZ, it was all about nabbing turner at 18. pairing him with fitz is sick. if brady is brady and the denver pair of moreno and marshall can produce in the new offense, i see 3WZ as one of the competitors in the super bowl ... against me of course.

Edited by tonorator

Current Roster

Garrard, David JAC QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Johnson, Larry KCC RB

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Bennett, Earl CHI WR

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR

Holt, Torry JAC WR

Royal, Eddie DEN WR

Heap, Todd BAL TE

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Rackers, Neil ARI PK

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

That ain't so bad. I'll need a couple of my WRs to develop, but if they get stronger as the season goes on the team ought to get progressively better heading into the playoffs.

Being able to start 3 RBs will allow me to match LJ against other team's flex players and should make up the difference of not having a WR1 on the team. WR scoring should be consistent if not sexy. Love the TE value and should have a scoring advantage every week. A RBBC between Garrard and Roethlisberger should be me cumulative top 5-6 QB scoring in playing matchups. K & D are solid.

Waited too long to handcuff Taylor to AD...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Pennington, Chad MIA QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB

Benson, Cedric CIN RB

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

Jackson, Fred BUF RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Branch, Deion SEA WR

Hester, Devin CHI WR

Hixon, Domenik NYG WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Folk, Nick DAL PK

Bears, Chicago CHI Def

-----------------------------

I dont hate this team. I think getting Lynch in the 4th is a great value considering I was able to get Jackson. Despite the OL issues, I think the running game only improves on last year with TOs presence. With this team, I could only hope for a healthy Bush. :wacko: I doubt TJones comes close to repeating what he did last year, but even if he does come close, he is my RB3 or 4.

WRs are 2 of the best in CJ and Boldin, but after that they are question marks. Can Hester become a true #1 with Cutler? I dunno... Hixon showed promise last year (had he not dropped a couple long TDs, he would be more valuable).

QBs - Rivers was one of the top QBs last year, and should be good again. Pennington is bye week only.

This team certainly doesnt suck, but I would need a few things to go my way throughout the season to stay in it.

Quinn, Brady CLE QB - 9

Romo, Tony DAL QB - 6

Duckett, T.J. SEA RB - 7

Gore, Frank SFO RB - 6

Jones, Julius SEA RB - 7

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 8

Morris, Sammy NEP RB - 8

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Gage, Justin TEN WR - 7

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 8

Owens, Terrell BUF WR - 9

Ward, Hines PIT WR (P) - 8

Williams, Roy DAL WR - 6

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE - 9

Longwell, Ryan MIN PK - 9

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

Meh....Outside of my first two picks, I'm not overly excited about this team. I did put some considerable thought into taking Wayne or Turner over Slaton in the 2nd round. But opted for rb, seeing as it appeared several others were going after wrs early, wanted to see what wrs would be left if i started with two rbs. Looking at last years stats, while even with it being ppr, and Turner still being the 4th best rb, as a rookie Slaton only scored 7 less pts on the year. With him bulking up some and a year under his belt, just liked his upside better. Between Gore and Slaton should have 100 receptions going on there.

3rd round i knew i had to take wr...but with DMD having back to back picks, it was pretty obvious, to me at least, he was going with Brown and Thomas. Thought hard about stealing one of them, seeing we can start 3 rbs. Almost took Thomas there just to see his reaction. :wacko:. But thought better of it seeing as we have to start 3, probably 4 wrs...couldnt wait much longer or I wouldn't have anything of quality at that position.

If I hadn't screwed up my preselects on the 5ht and 6th round, i would have been able to swipe Jones as well. With that said, with TO, Williams, SMoss and Hines Ward...TO should prosper seeing as its his 1st year with a new team. Roy was an elite wr just two years ago, and that was in Detroit. I think he bounces back well with Romo at qb.

Not excited at all with my rb depth, but if Maroney can stay healthy....

Edwards, Trent BUF QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

Bush, Michael OAK RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Peerman, Cedric BAL RB

Washington, Leon NYJ RB

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Bryant, Antonio TBB WR

Moore, Lance NOS WR

Smith, Steve NYG WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

Fasano, Anthony MIA TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Gould, Robbie CHI PK

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

A lot of risk/reward picks with this draft... On paper, this team COULD be great.

QB - I think McNabb is in for a big season, and really like the set of weapons they've added around him. Same goes for Edwards, but on a lesser scale... should have a decent amount of upside, as a backup fantasy QB, considering the addition of TO, etc.

RB - Getting Westbrook as my RB2 in a PPR draft certainly can't hurt, and I felt there was more value in that pick than taking any of the WR's that were still on the board. Basically, it was a time to go unconventional and get an advantage at RB... I told myself after my first pick that Westy was one of a couple of RB's that I wouldn't pass up if they fell to me in the 2nd... none of the WR's that I wanted fell to me, so I felt I had to take the one player who was left from my short list for that pick. Health issues aside, I think I've got the top pair of backs in the league, considering the PPR scoring format. Debated between Washington, Hightower, and McCoy with my 9th pick, but ultimately decided it was more important to get a 3rd RB who I know will score points this year, than to handcuff one of my existing RB's. Was hoping McCoy might fall to me in the 10th, but wasn't surprised that he didn't. Grabbed two guys in Bush and Peerman as my 4th/5th RB's that I think have tremendous upside... both of them could see a fair amount of playing time, depending on what happens with the other backs on their respective teams.

WR - Obviously, by waiting until the 3rd to draft a WR, I don't have a true #1 stud on this team, but I like the upside on all five that I did get... ultimately, I could see this as having four #1 WR's on their respective teams, plus the #2 WR on the most potent offense in the NFL in Moore. On the other hand, I could also see this group as not turning out to be anything too exciting this year... I do think there is a fair amount of WR value left on the waiver wire after this draft, though, so this is probably the one position that I don't mind leaving as a bit up in the air.

TE - Very happy to get Gates at the end of the 4th round... Once again, I felt it was a time when I could take advantage of a value pick at a position which I needed to fill, and also give myself an advantage over some of the other teams that had a top WR, at least on paper. Fasano was a pleasant surprise in the 14th round, as I thought he should have gone before 3-4 TE's drafted prior to that point.

Overall, I'd give this draft a B.... Happy to have a better than average QB (at least in my opinion), TE, defense, and top pair of RB's. Weaknesses are probably the lack of depth at RB (which could be a huge issue if Westy can't stay healthy), and the lack of a true stud at WR... If guys like Bowe and Bryant don't at least come close to repeating last year in terms of productivity, this group could be one in which I would be looking to improve it each week through the waiver wire.

I think that this is definitely proof, though, that you don't HAVE to draft a WR in the first two rounds to put together a solid team, overall. In fact, I think the argument could be made that, drafting out of the 1-3 spots, you're in a position where drafting a WR in the second round might be a bit of a reach, depending on what is left on the board at that point. Like BB said earlier (I think), sometimes you have to "zig when everyone else is zagging" to get an advantage at certain positions.

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P) - 8

Favre, Brett FA* QB - -

Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB - 7

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 4

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4

Taylor, Fred NEP RB - 8

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 4

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 9

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 6

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 4

Harvin, Percy MIN WR - 9

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR (P) - 7

Morgan, Josh SFO WR - 6

Clark, Dallas IND TE - 6

Rayner, Dave WAS PK - 8

Giants, New York NYG Def - 10

I like my team and think it would be very competitive, but not at all what I was expecting going into the draft. This is a good example of the draft coming to me. I'm personally not a big Turner fan (especially ppr), but couldn't pass him up at that spot. Normally I like to wait on my QB as well, but Brady seemed like pretty good value as well. I feel like I'm pretty solid at every position. Love the Fitz/Marshall combo and have pretty high expectations for Moreno and Stewart.