[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

****** Huddle Message Board Mock Draft *******

DMD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMD had at least one of his pre-selects stolen. I'm guessing that he didn't think all those WRs would've been taken already.

I had to go to the doctors. I would have NEVER thought all 4 of my picks would go in the FIRST ROUND. That's just WR crazy. Which is good because man I need some RB now.

I had to go to the doctors. I would have NEVER thought all 4 of my picks would go in the FIRST ROUND. That's just WR crazy. Which is good because man I need some RB now.

and I am not in the draft :oldrazz:

wow I just looked at the draft:

1.12 12. DMD Moss, Randy NEP WR

2.01 13. DMD Smith, Steve CAR WR :wacko:

I found this writeup by DMD from a few years ago:

And so enters the contrarian that set off the whole WR frenzy. Began with Steve Smith and Holt before tripling on RB with K Jones, Taylor and Dunn. That's two great WR's and three average backs. Surprisingly went for two more WR with Andre Johnson and Rod Smith when already had two mega-stars at WR apparently because QB and TE had been stripped while he was playing catch-up on RB.

Waited until 10th and 16th rounds to get a QB to ensure average numbers at best though Witten at TE in the 8th was a fortuitous find. Early jump on CAR defense helps out and Elam always solid at PK. Liked the later pick of LenDale White and even Bryant for yet more WR depth. Overall, will probably suck at QB in a ten man league and will compete based on the performance of his two top WRs and gaggle of RBs. This is certainly a risky plan to follow and having tried this personally last year I can sadly state it fails pretty spectacularly when one of those top WR's get injured (I had both go down). With luck, this could be a great team and without it, it could swirl downward pretty fast.

Plan Grade: B- (most people), A- (adrenalin junkies)

Edited by keggerz

I would normally never go WR-WR in the past few years but you actually have a chance of having RBs in rounds 3 - 6 or even beyond. It's a mad world, I'm telling you. In my 20 years of playing FF, not sure I have ever seen 5 WR taken in the first 13 picks.

I would normally never go WR-WR in the past few years but you actually have a chance of having RBs in rounds 3 - 6 or even beyond. It's a mad world, I'm telling you. In my 20 years of playing FF, not sure I have ever seen 5 WR taken in the first 13 picks.

:wacko: I have never gone WR/WR but I figured it is a mock and as you said there are plenty of WR's out there

ETA: And since we have to start 3 WR and there is also a flex :D Has anyone ever started WR/WR/WR/WR :D

Edited by T_bone65

Do you not remember the failed WCOFF experiment of WR-WR and a slew of rookie RBs?

Do you not remember the failed WCOFF experiment of WR-WR and a slew of rookie RBs?

Oh I remember that gem of a year, but I honestly think WR-WR is an acceptable open for the first time. I think you can get away with it on RBs.

:wacko: I have never gone WR/WR but I figured it is a mock and as you said there are plenty of WR's out there

ETA: And since we have to start 3 WR and there is also a flex :D Has anyone ever started WR/WR/WR/WR :D

well I did start wr/wr/wr/te in a league last year(lost in the super bowl and I tried to change the TE to boldin but my preselect of Witten got entered while i was making the change)

Hypothetically, you're in the 8-spot, take a WR and two or more owners from 9-12 take two WRs. Say you can still get a top 10 WR that you really like... would you bail on your plan in round two knowing that you'll then be competing against two or more for the same starting RBs that could be had later and/or the rookie/sleeper RBs?

if that many are taking WRs then that many more RBs are falling.

I've gone from a slow day and night drafter to a slow night drafter. maybe at some point we can have a slow mock for night people. :wacko:

This is going to be interesting to watch. A ton of talent left at all positions still IMHO.

Edited by Clubfoothead

ppr is a great equalizer. those top tier WR in a league where you start 3, possibly 4, are huge. the bottom line is that there are only a few pure RB plays that are not part of a committee, so you can wait and still get a serviceable back later. having said all that, still darn weird to see so many WRs go so fast ... twilight zone.

Turner @ 2.07 & RB11 is the steal of the draft so far and makes a superb match with the 1st rounder of Fitzgerald. The rest of us have some work to do to keep up there. I've got both of them projected as top 5 VBD picks.

Edited by Bronco Billy