[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weird weather

SteelBunz

Sun on 3 sides of us.......streaming down. It's been sorta cloudy today.....but just got sunny and gorgeous about a half hour ago.

One dark blue cloud with lightning and thunder to our East....moving west. That's weird enough.......weather typically moves west to east here......lol.

No rain......no wind.

Just straight down hail the size of grapes.....going on 10 minutes now. :wacko:

Hail in sunlight. Rather eerie.......lol. I keep looking for a funnel cloud.......lol.

A bolt of lightening just struck somewhere very freeking close as I was looking out my glass slider into my back yard when the bolt of blue lit up and the crack of a major strike went off at that same time. My 12 year old started crying and my wife was screaming. Can't see that it hit anywhere around but man did that have to be close. Now there is the small hail banging off the roof and I am waiting for hell to break loose.

So? You 2 ok?

As I was finishing up my route today, the black clouds started rolling in rather quickly. Heard the thunder also, but not a drop of rain fell on us. The other side of town got blasted though. One thing I've learned about living in Florida. Thunderstorms are not to be f'ked with. When they're bad, don't play chicken with Mother Nature. I've had a couple very close calls with lightning. One almost made me quit. One thing you don't hear in the Postal creed is lightning. That's because we're not risking our lives for your bills. Lightning sucks.

They put a Weather Warning up just after I typed this. :D

They're SO on the ball. :D

A few years ago, a funnel cloud went right over our house......15 minutes later......the sirens went off. Little late fellas. :D

Last night around 10:15 we had crazy severe storm which took down huge branches off all our trees and blew all of the furniture off our deck into the yard. It left piles of hail in the back yard and the pressure was so great that water was streaming in our closed front windows. The kids were scared and we all sat in the middle of the house.

10 minutes after it was over a severe store warning was issued for the areas to our south east. Thanks National Weather Service! :wacko: Stupid liberal government.

The weather has been very peculiar on the east coast this summer. June it rained 22 out of 30 days . It messed up the gardens. Everything is blooming late and I read in the paper a lot of plants have fungus etc from excess water. We had a pretty wild hail storm in June too. i was driving with my wife. Trees were down everywhere. She was scared to death. I was fine since I used her to shield me.

we tied a record low for july at 50......Al Gore is the dipchit we thought he was.......AND WE LET'M OFF THE HOOK :D

:D We've had like 30 of 35 days over 100. I'm not saying global warming is the monster some say it is, but come on. :wacko:

For the past week it's been in the 60's overnights here. That's way cool for this time of year. October/November maybe, but not July. We haven't had near the bad storms we usually get in the summer either.

Same here. Minny set a low temp record a few days ago and we have had hardly any storms this year. Raining today, which is good because we have a severe drought.

Same here. Minny set a low temp record a few days ago and we have had hardly any storms this year. Raining today, which is good because we have a severe drought.

Yeah, it's been really weird this year... not just a severe lack of rain in Minnesota, but even when it does rain there really hasn't been any significant thunder and lightning the entire year! Thank goodness it's raining today (and it's SUPPOSED to later this week as well) but even now it's just a dark quiet drizzle with no thunder or lightning.

Last night around 10:15 we had crazy severe storm which took down huge branches off all our trees and blew all of the furniture off our deck into the yard. It left piles of hail in the back yard and the pressure was so great that water was streaming in our closed front windows. The kids were scared and we all sat in the middle of the house.

10 minutes after it was over a severe store warning was issued for the areas to our south east. Thanks National Weather Service! :wacko: Stupid liberal government.

knocked my power out until 5:30 this morning. it was pretty insane, came out of nowhere....then the rain stops, I go outside....I can see stars right above me, but look to the east and see this massively tall thunderhead that is just firing like a strobe light. pretty cool.

A bolt of lightening just struck somewhere very freeking close as I was looking out my glass slider into my back yard when the bolt of blue lit up and the crack of a major strike went off at that same time. My 12 year old started crying and my wife was screaming. Can't see that it hit anywhere around but man did that have to be close. Now there is the small hail banging off the roof and I am waiting for hell to break loose.

I've worn a goatee and mustache or a a beard and mustache pretty much my entire adult life. I've only shaved it once for a family picture at the request of my mother (she hates facial hair), and my youngest daughter freaked out so I grew it back right back. Well, It was probably about 3 weeks or a month ago, and I was up about 4:30 in the morning getting ready to go in early for to do some last minute prep for a meeting. I had just trimmed the beard for length, and had started trimming the bottom of my mustache. Lightening hit a tree 20 feet from my bathroom, and I jumped shaving off the better part of half of my mustache. So thanks to mother nature I was clean shaven for the 2nd time in 12 years.

So? You 2 ok?

As I was finishing up my route today, the black clouds started rolling in rather quickly. Heard the thunder also, but not a drop of rain fell on us. The other side of town got blasted though. One thing I've learned about living in Florida. Thunderstorms are not to be f'ked with. When they're bad, don't play chicken with Mother Nature. I've had a couple very close calls with lightning. One almost made me quit. One thing you don't hear in the Postal creed is lightning. That's because we're not risking our lives for your bills. Lightning sucks.

We're fine here. Just a little surreal to hear thunder and have hail pummeling your house, etc. while it's sunny and calm.

And I've been in your lightning storms down there, Jax. You're right.....get inside. Back when I had my boxers, Vander was down by the back fence when I saw a dark cloud rushing in. I called to him to come on in.....hurry up! He got halfway thru the doggie door and WHAM! I hugh crack of lightning hit our transformer by the back fence. I'm not so sure he didn't get goosed on the way inside.......LOL.

Tell you what......he ALWAYS came when I called after that......LOL. Mommie knows best. :D

I had just trimmed the beard for length, and had started trimming the bottom of my mustache. Lightening hit a tree 20 feet from my bathroom, and I jumped shaving off the better part of half of my mustache. So thanks to mother nature I was clean shaven for the 2nd time in 12 years.

:wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

We are fine up here but still pretty weird weather. Last night about midnight the lights did go out but the weather was fine. They were probably fixing whatever it hit earlier that evening. Today the sun was out and a bolt of lightening struck about 300 yards away from where I was standing outside. It took down a pretty big limb of a a hugh tree but nothing else, not even rain. Now it is very sunny out and a nice rain storm is passing by with thunder and all but I can't see a single dark cloud.

Heaven now but in Jan. when we've just had a foot of snow and the mtn has zero visibilty and 75 mph winds and I can't ski, or May when we've just had a snowstorm and I want to be golfing, I'll be doing this :wacko:

Hmmm.....still heaven.......lol.

We had a wicked lightening storm last night. Got about 2" of rain. The lightening must have hit real close to my office, as our phone system was fried (we were without phones all day, and probably will be tomorrow as well). It also did something to our local area network. They finally got that fixed right after lunch. It was a nasty storm. The sky was green. I'm normally the kind of guy that likes to set out on the front porch and watch a storm, but last night was too scary for that, I sat my happy ass in the house.