[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netflix?

BeeR

I've had it for a while. Just bumped down to 1 at a time since we have free VOD with U-Verse. Netflix is awesome.

Don't want to hijack the entire thread, but how do you like U-verse? With AT&T, right? My dad was looking onto and any advice I can slide his way would be helpful. Thanks.

Don't want to hijack the entire thread, but how do you like U-verse? With AT&T, right? My dad was looking onto and any advice I can slide his way would be helpful. Thanks.

Love it. I got the U-450 plan which is everything AT&T offers. All the movie channels, etc. The best part is the video on demand. Each movie channel has 25-50 movies free on demand. So Netflix is not needed as much now.

It's nice to be able to record and watch shows from any TV in the house too.

My only complaint is I don't think the HD picture is quite as good as Direct. It's still great...but to my eyes not as good. Standard definition is better with U-Verse though.

Netflix is a really great value. Have 2 at a time currently. Have had 3 at a time twice before but wasn't using so cancelled. At $15 a month for 2 at a time you really can't beat it. You can't get 2 movie tickets for that price. Have a really fast turn around here. Send a movie back and receive another one 2 days later.

Highly recommend it. I cancelled my movie package with DirecTV and signed up for it. I'm just on the one movie plan for $9.44 and the turnaround is fast. Usually 2-3 days. Plus, I hook up the laptop to the TV and watch their "Watch Instantly" movies. It's a decent selection and if the movie sucks, no big deal. I've caught some pretty good hidden gems. :wacko:

Highly recommend it. I cancelled my movie package with DirecTV and signed up for it. I'm just on the one movie plan for $9.44 and the turnaround is fast. Usually 2-3 days. Plus, I hook up the laptop to the TV and watch their "Watch Instantly" movies. It's a decent selection and if the movie sucks, no big deal. I've caught some pretty good hidden gems. :wacko:

Do you just use a monitor cable? We were thinking about doing this the other day, but haven't tried it yet. Our new tv has plugs for that sort of thing, I guess.

We have the 1 at a time unlimited for $8.99 a month. Unfortunately, we tend to be slow sending things back, so I doubt we're getting our money's worth. There are things we'd like to get, but with our younger kids around, we just won't be watching R rated movies with them. And they go to bed late enough now that it's too late for us to start a movie when they've gone upstairs. I just ordered season one of "Big Bang Theory". Funny show.

NetFlix is great. I can get 5 cycles of movies a month if I watch them the day I get them. I've had one move get lost in the mail, and there was no hassle. I'd highly recommend it.

My usage is quite low but I'm on the three-at-a-time plan. Delivery is lightning. I've had one breakage and one lost in mail - neither was an issue.

Do you just use a monitor cable? We were thinking about doing this the other day, but haven't tried it yet. Our new tv has plugs for that sort of thing, I guess.

The way I hook up the laptop to the TV (there might be a better way, but I don't know) is to use an S-video cable for video and then I bought an RCA plug to headphone jack on the laptop from Radio Shack for the audio. It's not HD quality, but decent enough.

I leave the cables plugged into the TV and just bundle them up out of the way when not using them.

You just need to reboot the computer after hooking it up to change the display size to 640x480.

I've had netflix for a LONG time, thought it was such a great idea back when it started. currently on the 3 at a time with bluray plan. I've had a few gripes with them -- like when my useage was fairly high and they decided to start waiting a day after they got one back from me before they sent a new one. but in general, they are excellent. good value, good customer service, awesome selection. over the years I've had a handful of cracked discs, a few that just never came, and one or two that I sent back and they never received. but every time, I've just reported it through the website and they ship a replacement or another disc the next day.

I've fooled around with watching their "watch instantly" stuff, through a media server on my PC and then streaming through my ps3....it works, but I would need to bump up my DSL bandwidth to get a smooth viewing. so rather than do that, we just keep mostly to watching discs.

-- like when my useage was fairly high and they decided to start waiting a day after they got one back from me before they sent a new one.

This was a massive issue a year or so back. This was their policy - if you had more than 8 in a month, they'd deliberately delay shipment. I think they actually got rid of a few people who were going through 20 or more a month. Of course, penny pinching like this always generates terrible publicity so (not certain of this) I think they came up with some higher level plans instead.

Love it. I got the U-450 plan which is everything AT&T offers. All the movie channels, etc. The best part is the video on demand. Each movie channel has 25-50 movies free on demand. So Netflix is not needed as much now.

It's nice to be able to record and watch shows from any TV in the house too.

My only complaint is I don't think the HD picture is quite as good as Direct. It's still great...but to my eyes not as good. Standard definition is better with U-Verse though.

Ditto this on u-Verse. No major issues thus far, though as my house was just over the normal range for the service, I had to scale back to 1 HD feed instead of 2 to not get a degraded signal.

As to Netflix, I like it. We get three at a time but several times have gotten wrapped up in things that the movies may si at our house for a month or more before we get around to watching them.

Had Netflix for about a year... like it, but switched to Blockbuster.com because of their in-store exchange option/policy. Basically, instead of returning all movies through the mail, you have the option of returning the movie to the store in exchange for a new movie immediately. For the first year or so of having BB.com, we were able to use the in-store option AND they would mail us a mail replacement the next business day as well. Since we habitually return our in-store movies at the last minute (five day rental plus about a week grace period before you "own" the movie), we would often end up with six total movies at our house, even though we were on the three-at-a-time plan.

Recently, though, I've noticed that they started to not send the mail replacement until we have returned the in-store movie... no more "bonus" movies (having more than three at once), but the in-store return feature is still priceless on days when you've forgotten to return your mail movies and want to pick up a flick for that night. BB.com has a very wide selection as well... I would say it is definitely comparable to Netflix, with lots of both movies and TV shows to choose from. In the past six months, I've burned through several seasons of shows like Rescue Me, Friday Night Lights, Dexter, etc. After watching TV in this fashion (a season at a time), I rarely even bother setting my DVR for anything not sports-related anymore... watching something only an hour at a time (with commercials) just seems pointless, so I avoid doing so if I can.