[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attn: Austin and Central Texas Huddlers

darin3

Anyone in the Central Texas area (or wanting to take a weekend trip to Austin) should make their way to the Palmer Events Center on August 15th to partake in the Texas Testosterone Festival. There will be:

* Bikini contests :2cents:

* Homebrewing demonstrations :D

* MMA seminar :D

* Street choppers :wacko:

* Poker tournaments :2cents:

* Video game tournaments :D

* And most importantly, a fantasy football mock draft and panel featuring our own David Dorey and myself. Cedric Golden and A.J. Hoffman of 1300 The Zone will also join the Ladd Biro-led (of the Dallas Morning News and Sporting News Radio) group of so-called experts.

I might just have a few free tickets to the event, but hey if you can't scratch up $6.... feel free to PM me for details.

Also, there might just be a post-event :D get-together. Anyone in Dallas/Waco/Austin/San Antonio and the hinterlands should make the trip!

That is two days before my first day on the new job in Houston. We should be pulling into the temp quarters right about then.

I am pretty sure the wifey would greatly resist a sidetrip :D:wacko:

Have fun! It sounds like a blast! :D

Just got back from the "kickoff" event for the TTF. Spent the afternoon at Bikini Sports Bar & Grill to watch an onion eating contest. :wacko:

Yours truly won the NOS Energy Drink pounding contest. (OK, well I won the 22oz leg and lost in the finals.. to a chick :D)

I have a ticket or two left, so anyone in the area should ping me if they want a free ticket.

Check back this time next week to see some photos from the events! :D

Just a couple days away.

Our fearless leader David Dorey scored the #2 pick, while I'm the polar opposite at #11. With all the wildcards that are in the mock draft/panel, I have absolutely no idea who I might land at #11.

We might be getting together on Friday night, with a couple already confirmed. If not, Saturday's the day. Come watch us spank the competition.

Just got back from the "kickoff" event for the TTF. Spent the afternoon at Bikini Sports Bar & Grill to watch an onion eating contest. :D

Yours truly won the NOS Energy Drink pounding contest. (OK, well I won the 22oz leg and lost in the finals.. to a chick :D)

Or, people can come to Vegas and watch me beat you in a beer chug off, again. :wacko:

Just got back from the mock draft and panel... got to meet Cedric Golden, a columnist from the local paper, AJ Hoffman, who's on the local sports talk radio station, and a host of who's-whos from the fantasy football world. And WOW, I'm pretty psyched with what I ended up with. Ladd Biro, who spearheaded the effort (Dallas Morning News, Sporting News Radio) will likely post something on the DMN site or maybe in print.... but for poops n' giggles, here's my squad:

QB - Rivers

RB - Tomlinson

RB - McFadden

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Chad Johnson (I refuse to cater to that other name)

WR - Ginn, Jr.

TE - Gonzalez

PK - Kaeding

D - Pittsburgh

Bench - Hill (QB), Benson (RB), Duckett (RB), Buckhalter (RB), Bennett (WR), Engram (WR), L. Robinson (WR), Boss (TE)

E2A: I had the #11... yeah, LT slipped that far. I had planned on going WR-WR but the WRs flew off the board early. Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson were also there (Hoffman took both at #12/13).

DMD ended up with a pretty sweet squad too. I'll let him post and comment.

Edited by darin3

I ended up with:

Kurt Warner

Matt Hasselbeck

M Jones. Drew

Ryan Grant

Knownshon Moreno

Jamaal Charles

Greg Jones

Greg Jennings

Marquez Colston

Steve Breaston

Steve Smith NYG

Bryant Johnson

Nate Burleson

Greg Olsen

A Fasano

Akkers

PHI

It was fun but being in Austin is its own reward anyway/

It was a great mock although I did have many, many, many questions for the experts at the end but the guy with the microphone was over mingling it up with the bikini clad swimwear models that were in the booth right next to the draft...many, many, many distractions...

Pretty funny watching one of the FootBallGirls.com guys (Faretti or Farellii I think it was) drafting players that were gone already...he did that a few times and was totally embarrassed.

Great meeting you DMD and hopefully y'all do it again next year...

I did have a couple dozen 'raw' oysters on the way home at the Old Alligator grill... :wacko:

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

It was a great mock although I did have many, many, many questions for the experts at the end but the guy with the microphone was over mingling it up with the bikini clad swimwear models that were in the booth right next to the draft...many, many, many distractions...

Pretty funny watching one of the FootBallGirls.com guys (Faretti or Farellii I think it was) drafting players that were gone already...he did that a few times and was totally embarrassed.

Great meeting you DMD and hopefully y'all do it again next year...

I did have a couple dozen 'raw' oysters on the way home at the Old Alligator grill... :D

Yeah the bikini girls were most distracting. :wacko:

Was definitely funny watching the FBG take not one, not two, but three players that had already been drafted. Best of which was Ronnie Brown, who he thought he was getting a "tremendous value" on... especially since he had been taken 4 rounds previous. :D And of course, the other FBG needed to draft a team doctor with the squad he ended up with.

You need to go take the Margarita Poll in the tailgate

:D

E2A: Here's Ladd Biro's blog, which will detail the mock and results...

Edited by darin3