[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No health coverage tied to 45,000 deaths a year

Randall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

a miniscule amount of Americans were killed on 9/11, too.....whats your point?

9/11 was an attack on US soil. Last time I checked the Constitution one of the enumerated powers of the government is to provide a military for our defense and to use it. I have yet to find an enumerated power that states that the government shall provide "affordable" health care for all. So there is a very, very big difference. The problem with out country today is fro the last several decades people like you have failed to see the difference and have bloated out government far beyond what it was intended to be.

:wacko:

a miniscule amount of Americans were killed on 9/11, too.....whats your point?

really?? did i read that right? miniscule amount of americans? let me guess you are one of those people that think our own government was behind it right? i got it ... hey its charlie sheen everybody!!! :D

lets put it this way.. if they pass a trillion dollar government run health care system on us.. ill have to cancel my huddle account :D

9/11 was an attack on US soil. Last time I checked the Constitution one of the enumerated powers of the government is to provide a military for our defense and to use it. I have yet to find an enumerated power that states that the government shall provide "affordable" health care for all. So there is a very, very big difference. The problem with out country today is fro the last several decades people like you have failed to see the difference and have bloated out government far beyond what it was intended to be.

I am amazed when someone who never served his country and biitches evey time he has to pay his country a penny then wants to fall back on the constitution that you fail to defend everytime you are asked to do so.

I have yet to find an enumerated power that calls for an Air Force, NASA or illegal heroin either. Why was the Constitution so vague on issues the framers never thought to contempalte is beyond me too. :wacko:

Social Security was created to help the elderly have some protection against becoming destitute late in life. Is that social welfare?

I think safety nets are a good thing. Not a free ride, just a safety net, and that includes access to some kind of health care for the working poor. A sliding scale income based cost, and like assigned risk with the auto insurers, the (rich) health care companies could help share the burden along with some supplemental subsidies from the government.

Where would that $ come from? How about the governemnet stops spending money on museums, ridiculous research grants, fewer handouts for poor countries to try to buy influence and favor that usually backfires anyway. We pour billions into foreign aid... and the working poor here can't see a doctor. The money is there already, it's a matter of what should and should not be funded IMO.

This country will give health care, free health care to illegal immigrants, but working poor Americans just aren't destitute enough to help? Makes little sense to me.

swing....

really?? did i read that right? miniscule amount of americans? let me guess you are one of those people that think our own government was behind it right? i got it ... hey its charlie sheen everybody!!! :wacko:

....and a miss.

Any Huddler want to explain to Shallow1 and Shallow2 the point I was making?

it is if you read it. First...16th Ammendment allows for taxation. Second, The US Government can provide for the General Welfare of the nation...and part of the nation is its people. IOW...they can pretty much do what they want...sucks...but that is where you would look.

it is if you read it. First...16th Ammendment allows for taxation. Second, The US Government can provide for the General Welfare of the nation...and part of the nation is its people. IOW...they can pretty much do what they want...sucks...but that is where you would look.

Let's not start misinterpreting the constitution now, the Libs already think

that the right to bear arms = the right to go sleeveless.

Let's not start misinterpreting the constitution now, the Libs already think

that the right to bear arms = the right to go sleeveless.

It is not me who is misinterpreting it. Courts have ruled this way in the past General Welfare means just what it means...not arguing with anyone...that is where it has been justified in the past...and it works...not my fault!

It is not me who is misinterpreting it. Courts have ruled this way in the past General Welfare means just what it means...not arguing with anyone...that is where it has been justified in the past...and it works...not my fault!

The court ruled that way when FDR threaten to basically destroy it if it didn't.

Which begs the question....why would the Supremes ever cow tow to a President? FDR could have threatened all he wanted...he didn't have the ability to follow through.

Not that we don't enjoy your little visits but in your absence we'd forgotten all about your genius intellect.

So did FDR pack the court and change it from 7 to 9 justices before or after Japan tried to surrender pre-nuclear bombardment?