[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MB III

Big Dogs

Citing ypc averages over such small samples doesn't make much sense. Choice showed he can be a horse last season - Felix has never touched the ball more than 10 times in a game - I wonder if he'd simply wear out with a ton of touches. It's perfectly possible that Felix gets the lion's share of the work but I don't see many signs pointing in that direction.

His NFL carreer, I can agree. He's only had 13 carries thus far in 2009. As a Razor back, he split carries with McFadden and still amassed 1200 yards in 2007 and averaged 7.7 YPC and averaged 16 carries per game. I think he has more than it takes to hold the lions share.

Now, the injury bug on the other hand, that's a totally different story.

Edited by BearBroncos

His NFL carreer, I can agree. He's only had 13 carries thus far in 2009. As a Razor back, he split carries with McFadden and still amassed 1200 yards in 2007 and averaged 7.7 YPC and averaged 16 carries per game. I think he has more than it takes to hold the lions share.

Now, the injury bug on the other hand, that's a totally different story.

Aren't those two statements related?

Only if he does get injured. If he stays healthy, he could easily be a 1500+, 16-18 TD rusher.

Don't get me wrong - I like felix's ability. But if the cowboys had a guy with that kinda talent over the long term, don't you think he'd be playing over barber? Maybe you're right - I just don't see it.

Don't get me wrong - I like felix's ability. But if the cowboys had a guy with that kinda talent over the long term, don't you think he'd be playing over barber? Maybe you're right - I just don't see it.

But see, here is where you misunderstood the question. It wasn't who should get the most carries, but who will get the most carries. There are many Cowboy fans (myself included) that think that Choice is the best running back on the roster. The problem is JJ has given big money for MBIII and FJ.

But see, here is where you misunderstood the question. It wasn't who should get the most carries, but who will get the most carries. There are many Cowboy fans (myself included) that think that Choice is the best running back on the roster. The problem is JJ has given big money for MBIII and FJ.

I don't buy that Choice has more talent than FJ.

I do buy they'll split somewhat closely tonight though.

I misunderstood my own question? Interesting theory. I think you have me confused with somebody else, as I'm the one who initially said I thought Choice would get more touches.

Choice isn't as flashy as FJ, but he is better at moving the chains while still being a deep threat. MBIII is a great hammer, but he isn't going to scare anyone with his home run potential. I honestly think Choice is the best all around back on the team. Don't get me wrong, FJ is fun to watch, but so is Reggie Bush. I wouldn't want to rely on Reggie Bush as my every down back.

Choice isn't as flashy as FJ, but he is better at moving the chains while still being a deep threat. MBIII is a great hammer, but he isn't going to scare anyone with his home run potential. I honestly think Choice is the best all around back on the team. Don't get me wrong, FJ is fun to watch, but so is Reggie Bush. I wouldn't want to rely on Reggie Bush as my every down back.

I agree 100%

I misunderstood my own question? Interesting theory. I think you have me confused with somebody else, as I'm the one who initially said I thought Choice would get more touches.

Excuse me. You said does anyone expect Choice to get more carries. I do not expect Choice to get more carries. I think Choice should get more carries.

Excuse me. You said does anyone expect Choice to get more carries. I do not expect Choice to get more carries. I think Choice should get more carries.

That's great. So the fact that you decided to answer a different question means that I somehow misunderstood my own question (still puzzled as to how I could possibly fail to understand what I myself was asking)? Awesome.

Again, why does it matter who gets more carries tonight? If you have Felix...play him. If you picked up Choice because of MB3's injury...play him. If you own both Felix and Choice, I think you've got to play the guy you drafted...right?

I hear you, but it matters for me because I have choice and my opponent has jones tonight - just looking for peoples' takes on what to expect.

Jones has more jaw dropping talent than Choice no doubt. I believe though, that Choice is a better option at being a 20 carry a game RB in the NFL than Jones.

I also think that Choice will get more carries and fantasy points tonight than Jones.

Jones has more jaw dropping talent than Choice no doubt. I believe though, that Choice is a better option at being a 20 carry a game RB in the NFL than Jones.

I also think that Choice will get more carries and fantasy points tonight than Jones.

Not crazy.

I think Jones may best be served being a 12 or so carry a game guy.

Not sure Choice is a 20 carry take the pounding RB either though.

At nights end I think both have around the same amount of touches (maybe a few more for FJ) barring injury or one exploding early.

I had a chance to play Choice last year in a game late in the year, and did not make the proper choice. Choose wisely tonight.

This is a choice statement if I've ever seen one.

Doesn't sound great.

Guy cannot be trusted.

In the wake of the Dallas Cowboys' come-from-behind victory over Carolina, Jerry Jones said Tuesday that he is concerned about the severity of running back Felix Jones' knee injury.

The Cowboys owner said Jones was unable to loosen his left knee after suffering what the team has initially diagnosed as a knee strain that would be re-evaluated, indicating the likelihood the second-year pro will have an MRI.

Looks like he is a go for Sunday, per JJ and KFFL:

Cowboys | J. Jones says Barber should play Week 4

Comment (0)

Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:30:13 -0700

Calvin Watkins, of ESPNDallas.com, reports Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said RB Marion Barber III (quadriceps) should be able to play the team's Week 4 game.