[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest BUST thus far..

robert terni

Brady

Forte

Turner

LT

Westbrook

Portis

Roddy White

Greg Jennings

Jacobs

Slaton

Deangelo Williams

Wes welker

Roy williams

Eddie royal

Marshall

Bowe

Sjax only due to lack of tds

Gates

Colston--so incosistant

Such a big list of BIG names...anyone you wanna add? Its to early for me and I'm sure I forgot a bunch..

Edited by robert terni

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want players that dominate in the playoffs. Of course you do have to get there.

My dynasty RB tandem of Slaton, Rice, Pierre Thomas and Thomas Jones haven't done much but are improving.

Edited by Randall

some of those are guys I would still want on my team. but man, portis, slaton, LT are looking pretty worthless, relative to their ADP. and jennings....masked slightly by the fact that it got him 100 yards, but...2 catches in 2 weeks? what is going on there? eddie royal should start showing up on some waiver wires this week. just goes to show how strongly tied a fantasy WR is to his team's system. guy has a ton of talent, being totally wasted by the orton/mcdillhole offensive juggernot.

Player PPW and ranking, 12 team league ADPs after Aug 25th, redraft, Huddle Ladder scoring:

#	Player	Avg. Pick	Current rank1	Peterson, Adrian MIN RB	1.36	RB2(t)2	Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB	3.03	RB2(t)3	Forte, Matt CHI RB	3.95	RB264	Turner, Michael ATL RB	4.74	RB255	Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR	8.13	WR126	Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB	8.46	RB637	Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB	8.68	RB78	Jackson, Steven STL RB	9.46	RB159	Johnson, Andre HOU WR	11.39	WR410	Brees, Drew NOS QB	11.55	QB111	Johnson, Chris TEN RB	12.03	RB112	Moss, Randy NEP WR	12.09	WR713	Gore, Frank SFO RB	14.32	RB614	Brady, Tom NEP QB	14.63	QB1415	Slaton, Steve HOU RB	15.29	RB3016	Johnson, Calvin DET WR	17.06	WR1817	Westbrook, Brian PHI RB	17.24	RB4118	Wayne, Reggie IND WR	19.99	WR119	Manning, Peyton IND QB	20.56	QB220	Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB	21.33	RB3621	Jennings, Greg GBP WR	22.81	WR2422	Smith, Steve CAR WR	23.62	WR2023	Barber, Marion DAL RB	24.33	RB824	White, Roddy ATL WR	25.57	WR3125	Portis, Clinton WAS RB	26.42	RB4326	Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB	27.06	QB427	Boldin, Anquan ARI WR	27.27	WR2128	Colston, Marques NOS WR	28.52	WR829	Brown, Ronnie MIA RB	32.6	RB1330	Rivers, Philip SDC QB	33.01	QB631	Grant, Ryan GBP RB	33.02	RB1732	Welker, Wes NEP WR	33.13	WR6733	Smith, Kevin DET RB	37.49	RB1434	Owens, Terrell BUF WR	38.02	WR6635	Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR	38.54	WR37(tie)36	Witten, Jason DAL TE	38.6	TE937	Houshmandzadeh, T.J. SEA WR	38.97	WR4238	Thomas, Pierre NOS RB	41.7	RB4239	Warner, Kurt ARI QB	42.1	QB1340	Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR	43	WR1441	Romo, Tony DAL QB	44.68	QB742	Bush, Reggie NOS RB	46.92	RB2043	Gates, Antonio SDC TE	47.96	TE1144	McFadden, Darren OAK RB	49.34	RB2845	Jackson, Vincent SDC WR	49.45	WR346	Williams, Roy DAL WR	49.82	WR37(tie)47	Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE	51.09	TE848	Addai, Joseph IND RB	51.37	RB19

LT is clearly the biggest bust so far. Forte, Turner, Welker, Owens, Brady, Witten, & Gates would be the next grouping IMO with some room for argument regarding order.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Apparently those of you calling Brady a bust must feel he is supposed to put up 4 tds every game. Week 1 he scored 32 pts for me. Yesterday he scored 19.8.

Only in week 2 would I consider him a bust as he only scored 9 pts for me that week.

No kidding. I am trying to move Rodgers for Brady and would be doing handstands if it goes through.

LT is clearly the biggest bust so far. Forte, Turner, Welker, Owens, Brady, Witten, & Gates would be the next grouping IMO with some room for argument regarding order.

Well, Gates hasn't had the monster game yet, but he has scored over 11 every week. Witten has only played 2 games and has done the same... your manhate for stud TE's is obvious.

Brady may not be tossing 5 TD's a week, but the defenses a team goes up against has at least something to do with it... would you agree?

Is Brees a "bust" because he had an off game? How about Gore this weekend? We are talking about 1/3rd of their overall production. :wacko:

LT is a bust but he may come back. Forte is abust so far, but Turner? I guess it depends on what you expect.

Regarding WR's, TO is a bust so far and so is Steve Smith FWIW.

Still too early to declare bust status, but the trends have started. We'll see how your "bust" prediction goes down for Witten tonight.

Edited by Thews40

some of those are guys I would still want on my team. but man, portis, slaton, LT are looking pretty worthless, relative to their ADP. and jennings....masked slightly by the fact that it got him 100 yards, but...2 catches in 2 weeks? what is going on there? eddie royal should start showing up on some waiver wires this week. just goes to show how strongly tied a fantasy WR is to his team's system. guy has a ton of talent, being totally wasted by the orton/mcdillhole offensive juggernot.

Slaton is a surprise, but after seeing him in preseason and hearing about Brown stealing some GL work, he moved down a few slots on my list. Portis and LT aren't big surprises. In a thread this summer about Portis which had been deleted, I put forth the observation that for the few RB's in the history of the NFL who had reached the 2,000 carry mark, it seemed that for many of them in the season subsequent to the season in which they logged their 2,000 carry, their production tended to drop, often significantly. There were certainly a few who remained productive well beyond that mark, (Curtis Martin, Rickey Watters, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith) but they were mostly Hall of Famers. I think it's safe too say LT is a guaranteed HOF'er and so is Portis probably. For fantasy football puposes where drafting any RB comes with risk, avoiding aging workhorse RB's is one way to mitigate the risk IMO :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Being a bust because you fail to produce on the field is one thing. I don't think an injury constitutes a bust,( so long as age isn't a consideration when drafting) in which case, Welker doesn't qualify.

:wacko:

He does if you drafted him in rd 3 to be a WR1 or bypassed another position to build a strong WR corps with Welker as a WR2. No one is faulting Welker for his injury - but you have to call him a FF bust so far.