[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apologies to Raiders fans but...

DMD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outsider looking in, it seems like Al Davis would rather the team plays his way and loses than to play any other way and win. I can just see him calling in Tom Cable after week 1 and telling him 'I didn't pay 100m and blow multiple 1st round draft picks on skill position players for you to dump the ball off to the tight end. You WILL force the ball down the field to the receivers."

The team has no rhythm on offensive playcalling... I mean, it's 2007 Niners bad. JaMarcus has looked terrible, and you'd think they'd run or throw short or do things to make his life easier, and they won't. Unless major philisophical changes happen on how they want to handle their offense, it's going to be bad all year because they can't sustain drives right now and it's killing the rest of the team.

2 or 3 years ago I was at San Diego airport early Sunday evening when the Raiders came through after being shellacked by the Chargers. Every single one of them was dressed like a bag of $hit, wandering and shuffling around, the most pathetic excuse for a sports team I have ever seen. I know the days of sports teams all showing up in jacket and tie are long gone but this bunch had LOSER written all over them - every one of them.

To add to Raider fans woes: Cable may be arrested and suspended. What a mess.

Hell, maybe he's better off. I mean, he'd probably be fired anyway after going 1-10 or whatever. What's a shame is he is being forced to use JM as his QB because Al says so.

Al gives me the creeps anyway. I'm thinking when he finally does kick, that he never leaves the Raiders facilities and haunts the place.

There always gotta be some losers in something right? The Raiders just chose to do it longer and better then anyone in the NFL could, besides the Lions of course! From top to bottom a joke of a management and coaching staff. You guys think you seen it try being an actual fan and trying to root each week for these guys! This is bad football at it's worse! Don't know how much more I can take of this! :wacko:

I'm not wasting my season though, I'm gonna go adopt a new NFL team to root for this season!!!

I'll sign for 1/2 of what Russell makes and QB for the Raiders. I can stink up the joint just as bad as he can but at least the Raiders will have more money to spend on quality players. :D

Seems you can pay 50 bucks and walk out. 1/2 :D

Even Davis isn't THAT stupid.... :D ...... although he's unbelievably a toad gene pool example. :wacko:

There always gotta be some losers in something right? The Raiders just chose to do it longer and better then anyone in the NFL could, besides the Lions of course! From top to bottom a joke of a management and coaching staff. You guys think you seen it try being an actual fan and trying to root each week for these guys! This is bad football at it's worse! Don't know how much more I can take of this! :wacko:

I'm not wasting my season though, I'm gonna go adopt a new NFL team to root for this season!!!

To be honest, and I said it last year even with the 0-16 record, I would prefer to be a Lions fan.

At least the removal of Millen began a new era of progress for the franchise. We can't even get that.

To be honest, and I said it last year even with the 0-16 record, I would prefer to be a Lions fan.

At least the removal of Millen began a new era of progress for the franchise. We can't even get that.

Millen is Bear Bryant compared to Al.

I was at the Texans/Raiders game (with a Raiders' fan). After hearing him start calling Jamarcus "Ja-meatloaf" (while wearing his jersey), it was pretty clear that Russell has earned the wrath of Raider Nation. BTW, I've never seen a quarterback wait until the last minute to go into the huddle -- all of the offensive players would be in the huddle and JaMama's Boy would just stand on the outside, looking in (prophetic, isn't it?).

Mike Mayock is a guy whose opinion I trust probably more than anyone on TV and he said he would not have drafted Russell because the kid just didn't seem to love football or have the commitment to succeed.

Also he's not very good. lmao @ these teams falling in love with a QB because they have a rocket arm (Russell, Boller, etc etc). That was a hideous draft pick and I don't just mean in hindsight - same w/Bey. McF at least seemed to make sense at the time.

Davis is rivalling Irsay Sr and Ford for one of the worst, most incompetent owners ever.

Also he's not very good. lmao @ these teams falling in love with a QB because they have a rocket arm (Russell, Boller, etc etc). That was a hideous draft pick and I don't just mean in hindsight - same w/Bey. McF at least seemed to make sense at the time.

Davis is rivalling Irsay Sr and Ford for one of the worst, most incompetent owners ever.

Russel was absolutely a top QB rated by most coming out of college. I'm starting to think that coaching may have just as much to do with a player being successful as the players own abilities and work ethic. Some teams just continue to draft players that flop. AZ was one of them until last year.

Russel was absolutely a top QB rated by most coming out of college. I'm starting to think that coaching may have just as much to do with a player being successful as the players own abilities and work ethic. Some teams just continue to draft players that flop. AZ was one of them until last year.

I don't know if he was top rated, but he was looked at as better than average. And I definitely agree on the coaching aspect. But if you don't love the game and aren't willing to work hard you won't go far at this level.

He was considered good (not amazing) with his big selling point being a really strong arm - even then wasn't exactly billed as the next Peyton Manning/etc, ie hardly a 1.01 lock. Terrible risk to take w/that high of a pick unless you feel reallllllly sure about it. Oh well.

Bey was probably the dumbest of all though (course who knows he may pan out if he ever gets a QB).

He was considered good (not amazing) with his big selling point being a really strong arm - even then wasn't exactly billed as the next Peyton Manning/etc, ie hardly a 1.01 lock. Terrible risk to take w/that high of a pick unless you feel reallllllly sure about it. Oh well.

Bey was probably the dumbest of all though (course who knows he may pan out if he ever gets a QB).

Both were classic Al Davis picks...Kiffen wanted nothing to do with Russell, and Cable was probably not even in the draft room for the DHB pick.

I actually stopped watching the draft after DHB was picked over Crabtree...felt the draft was blown already.

Ironically, I've seen DHB play for the Terps, as a season ticket holder and alumni of MD. He can definitely run and caught the occasional long-ball...but he often dissappeared and wasnt even the best reciever on the team. There is no way he was 1st round material, 3rd or 2nd rounder at best, but no 1st rounder....but big Al was once again blinded by combine speed.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Really...does it even matter!?! Unless Al croaks and management and coaching turns over it's gonna be the same ol' thing.

To be honest, I wish we'd just trade all of our picks away for players like Seymour. At least then we could stop blowing money on talentless players.

It is coaching. Wasn't it just two years ago that they went down the Art Shell road? A good coach can make Rich Gannon an MVP caliber talent. A lack of coaching will keep the best of prospects in the starting gates. I know it is college, but look at Jake Locker from UW. For his first two three years, his position coach had played RB, then they brought in Luke Huard who didn't even play actual snaps at QB in college. Jake Locker was done. The guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a freaking boat. Most were touting him as a second day pick at safety. Now after six months with an actual QB coach (Sarkisian), and he can all of a sudden throw the ball with touch, stand in the pocket with poise, lead a team, etc. All of a sudden he is a QB prospect with limitless potential.

They need to give Tim Brown a shot. Al might occasionally listen to somebody like that. But Russell, I'll say it again, is the worst starting professional QB I have ever seen. He looks lost. How did he ever succeed even in high school? He just isn't a competitor. You can't win in the NFL when you QB won't compete. 0-16 certainly wouldn't be a shock.