[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting a Blackberry Tomorrow

whomper

i have the blackberry curve from verizon. i bought this cover for $20 in the verizon store.

i know you can do keyboard lock from the menu, but i like to hold down the "mute" button for a couple seconds (it's along the top edge of the phone, on the left). pressing "mute" again will unlock it (i think it's actually "standby" mode, but i find it easier than using the lock icon).

Your link doesnt show the cover but I went to the verizon store and bought that rubber casing for 22 bucks. Mayne it is what you linked too

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you can do keyboard lock from the menu, but i like to hold down the "mute" button for a couple seconds (it's along the top edge of the phone, on the left). pressing "mute" again will unlock it (i think it's actually "standby" mode, but i find it easier than using the lock icon).

I found that changing your left-side button to engage the keyboard lock is the way to go.

A few more questions

Can you get rid of an application that you downloaded and if so how ? I loaded facebook on here and it is driving me nuts. Everytime someone posts something it is buzzing me.

Also Can you set it up where texts vibrate and email alerts vibrate but phone calls ring ? If so how. I went to profiles and changed it to loud and it vibrates then makes noise every time and between texts and alerts from emails on aol it is distracting.

A few more questions

Can you get rid of an application that you downloaded and if so how ? I loaded facebook on here and it is driving me nuts. Everytime someone posts something it is buzzing me.

Also Can you set it up where texts vibrate and email alerts vibrate but phone calls ring ? If so how. I went to profiles and changed it to loud and it vibrates then makes noise every time and between texts and alerts from emails on aol it is distracting.

1) You can load/unload programs through the blackberry application that you install onto your computer. I'm pretty sure it's on your install disc or on the bb site for download or go to options > advanced options > applications and you can delete it from there.

2) Profiles > advanced > (choose your profile) > blackberry button next to green phone icon (sorry, don't know what it's called) > edit > ....

there will be a ton of modes for you to mess around with and assign things too.

Edited by twiley

I believe you can set your facebook stuff so that it gives you no indication anything has been received other than the icon on the type. May be part of tcustomizing the alert settings as twiley lead you to do in his second part of his response. You can pretty much tell the blackberry what to do for each type of message, etc.

I believe you can set your facebook stuff so that it gives you no indication anything has been received other than the icon on the type. May be part of tcustomizing the alert settings as twiley lead you to do in his second part of his response. You can pretty much tell the blackberry what to do for each type of message, etc.

Or you could go into Facebook and tell it what to alert you about. I only get Facebook mails and notifications on MY status/wall posts on my Blackberry.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So a week or so ago my Blackberry just goes haywire. I bring it to verizon and it is defective. I am due for an upgrade (my wife actually) so instead of paying 50 and waiting for the warranty dept I get a new one which after rebate costs 30 and I get it right on the spot. It is the updated curve. I dont like it as much as my older curve but I am getting used to it . Anyway one thing this does is spell check and unless you click a space after a word spelled incorrectly it wont let you send a text. A little annoying but not that big of a deal. So today I am texting my wife and I was going to type the word grrrrr , as if I was growling and it spell checks that word and changes it to the word carrie. Thank God I noticed before I clicked send because texting the wrong name to your wife may leave you with some splaining to do :wacko:

Edited by whomper

So a week or so ago my Blackberry just goes haywire. I bring it to verizon and it is defective. I am due for an upgrade (my wife actually) so instead of paying 50 and waiting for the warranty dept I get a new one which after rebate costs 30 and I get it right on the spot. It is the updated curve. I dont like it as much as my older curve but I am getting used to it . Anyway one thing this does is spell check and unless you click a space after a word spelled incorrectly it wont let you send a text. A little annoying but not that big of a deal. So today I am texting my wife and I was going to type the word grrrrr , as if I was growling and it spell checks that word and changes it to the word carrie. Thank God I noticed before I clicked send because texting the wrong name to your wife may leave you with some splaining to do :wacko:

If you hit the Blackberry button it gives you the option to send anyway.

There's gotta be an option to turn that off.

My Tour has been OK. I much preferred my Curve with the buttons that are separated, as opposed to the Tour where they all touch. I have to re-do words far more than I did with the Curve.

There are a few cool features with the Tour that I don't know if the Curve had or not.

I'm rockin' Twitter, Facebook (pre-installed), Foursquare and I-Heart-Radio. The Radio program was a godsend during the time I had to use it to listen to sports talk while out and about.

There's gotta be an option to turn that off.

My Tour has been OK. I much preferred my Curve with the buttons that are separated, as opposed to the Tour where they all touch. I have to re-do words far more than I did with the Curve.

There are a few cool features with the Tour that I don't know if the Curve had or not.

I'm rockin' Twitter, Facebook (pre-installed), Foursquare and I-Heart-Radio. The Radio program was a godsend during the time I had to use it to listen to sports talk while out and about.

iheart is the greatest app ever. I'm surprised anyone even makes apps for blackberrys since no one uses them anymore......