[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Phillies

whomper

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This further proves the point. The Yankees have a payroll that is close to 70 Million higher than the 2nd highest payed team. It is baseball's fault, not the Yankees, but, my point still stands. They should be embarrassed if they don't win with that large of an advantage.

exactly ...70 million more gets you a whole lot more say texiera , cc and burnett with still many millions to spare

the yankees would not have made and won WS without those 3

exactly ...70 million more gets you a whole lot more say texiera , cc and burnett with still many millions to spare

the yankees would not have made and won WS without those 3

I love when Met fans whine.

and i love when Yankee fans don't have a clue or want to face the facts :wacko:

I have a clue tha Yankees are world Champions and that is a fact. Go ask any Philly fan. what fact do you want me to face that they spent more money than anyone else and bought the best SP and 1b. yea so what that is #27 for those of you counting. Giradi is going to have to change his # to 28 next year.

I have a clue tha Yankees are world Champions and that is a fact. Go ask any Philly fan. what fact do you want me to face that they spent more money than anyone else and bought the best SP and 1b. yea so what that is #27 for those of you counting. Giradi is going to have to change his # to 28 next year.

Yes it is a fact ... but the biggest fact is that the yankees buy their success ...numbers and payroll dont lie do they ?

if i own a ferrari and you own a honda and we race , i will win every time ( or i should win every time ) ...does that mean i should stick my chest out get all puffy and obnoxiously and arrogantly scream i am the winner ...no , i am suppose to win and understand that i won because i have a 200000 sports car and you have a honda

see if you can understand that ...rather than go after mets fans , yankee fans should learn a little humility and understand more where there success is coming from ( georgies wallet ) and how they achieved it

Edited by isleseeya

Yes it is a fact ... but the biggest fact is that the yankees buy their success ...numbers and payroll dont lie do they ?

if i own a ferrari and you own a honda and we race , i will win every time ( or i should win every time ) ...does that mean i should stick my chest out get all puffy and obnoxiously and arrogantly scream i am the winner ...no , i am suppose to win and understand that i won because i have a 200000 sports car and you have a honda

see if you can understand that ...rather than go after mets fans , yankee fans should learn a little humility and understand more where there success is coming from ( georgies wallet ) and how they achieved it

:wacko::D I didn't go after you I just said I love when ya'll whine. Now if you can't take that well just take your blanky and put your panties on and go to bed.

oh by the way I'm one of the least arrogant Yankee fan around and I think I have acknowledged where the Championship came from, but you still sound a little bitter

Edited by SLAYER

Time to take off the homer glasses and speak what I believe to be the truth:

1. There is payroll disparity in baseball.

2. High payroll does not guarantee playoff success.

3. It is possible to be a small market team and win a World Series.

4. The World Series winners since 1990:

2009 New York Yankees

2008 Philadelphia Phillies

2007 Boston Red Sox

2006 St. Louis Cardinals 11th in payroll that year

2005 Chicago White Sox 13th in payroll that year

2004 Boston Red Sox

2003 Florida Marlins

2002 Anaheim Angels 15th in payroll that year

2001 Arizona Diamondbacks

2000 New York Yankees

1999 New York Yankees

1998 New York Yankees

1997 Florida Marlins

1996 New York Yankees

1995 Atlanta Braves

1993 Toronto Blue Jays

1992 Toronto Blue Jays

1991 Minnesota Twins

1990 Cincinnati Reds

Payroll disparity is NOT an excuse to not be competitive. Well-run ORGANIZATIONS, which include the minor leagues, give you a chance to win.

HOWEVER--Large market teams can afford to buy their way out of mistakes. Small market teams CANNOT. THIS is what makes the difference.

Time to take off the homer glasses and speak what I believe to be the truth:

1. There is payroll disparity in baseball.

2. High payroll does not guarantee playoff success.

3. It is possible to be a small market team and win a World Series.

4. The World Series winners since 1990:

2009 New York Yankees

2008 Philadelphia Phillies

2007 Boston Red Sox

2006 St. Louis Cardinals 11th in payroll that year

2005 Chicago White Sox 13th in payroll that year

2004 Boston Red Sox

2003 Florida Marlins

2002 Anaheim Angels 15th in payroll that year

2001 Arizona Diamondbacks

2000 New York Yankees

1999 New York Yankees

1998 New York Yankees

1997 Florida Marlins

1996 New York Yankees

1995 Atlanta Braves

1993 Toronto Blue Jays

1992 Toronto Blue Jays

1991 Minnesota Twins

1990 Cincinnati Reds

Payroll disparity is NOT an excuse to not be competitive. Well-run ORGANIZATIONS, which include the minor leagues, give you a chance to win.

HOWEVER--Large market teams can afford to buy their way out of mistakes. Small market teams CANNOT. THIS is what makes the difference.

I agree especially the part that is now in bold

Slayer , you edited the quote and still throwing some digs ..not sure why ...Am i bitter ? no ...just aggravated as i have spent most of my life around Yankee fans that do not have a clue and are arrogant ... Never heard one of them say " i am happy we won the title and spent what we had to to get it done or something like that " ... the arrogance and air about most ( and i mean most ) of Yankee fans is truly remarkable as is there lack of understanding as to why the vast majority of true baseball fans dislike their mannerisms

now i am done ...enjoy the title

Edited by isleseeya

I agree especially the part that is now in bold

Slayer , you edited the quote and still throwing some digs ..not sure why ...Am i bitter ? no ...just aggravated as i have spent most of my life around Yankee fans that do not have a clue and are arrogant ... Never heard one of them say " i am happy we won the title and spent what we had to to get it done or something like that " ... the arrogance and air about most ( and i mean most ) of Yankee fans is truly remarkable as is there lack of understanding as to why the vast majority of true baseball fans dislike their mannerisms

now i am done ...enjoy the title

You have to remember isle, that people that root for large market teams cannot understand what it's like to be a fan of a small market team, and conversely fans of small market teams don't understand what's it's like to be a fan of a large market team. They are mutually exclusive fan bases.

You cannot judge what you yourself cannot understand. I find myself guilty of this all the time.

You have to remember isle, that people that root for large market teams cannot understand what it's like to be a fan of a small market team, and conversely fans of small market teams don't understand what's it's like to be a fan of a large market team. They are mutually exclusive fan bases.

You cannot judge what you yourself cannot understand. I find myself guilty of this all the time.

I don't see how he could understand since he's a Mets and Giants fan. Last I checked, they are both Large Market teams.

A Mets/Giants fans calling other fans arrogant :wacko:

Seriously though, I like you and you aren't like that but really...

While I knew posting the salaries fortified the argument I did so for Isle purposes. While I agree 70 Mil is a big number you still have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball so there is some slight hypocrisy no ?

Until baseball gets a cap this is just the way it is.

edit to add: Face it Isle your just a hater :wacko: The day I met you you had one of the best lines I have heard in a long time. You said if the Yankees were playing Al Queda you werent sure who you would root for :D

Edited by whomper

One small point is that baseball management is a business.

The Yankees can be compared to Wal-Mart and small market teams to mom and pop stores.

The Yankees put a high priced product on the market and sell tickets. About 4 million tickets a year. Some tickets as much as $2500 per game.

Just check how much attendence in small markets increases during that weekend series when the Yankees come to town.

They also have their own TV division (YES) that promotes their product.

They also pay a luxury tax to the small market teams every year because they overspend on salaries.

The Yankees spend a lot of money every year and make a lot of money each year. Thsi is "capitalism" and is one of the foundations of the American system. Is it fair? Just as fair as the operation of Microsoft, IBM etc. Does Bill Gates hire the best at outrageous salaries?

They don't win every year but I don't see how you can fault them for doing business the "American" way.

What Minnesota manage to get done on one third of the Yanks payroll is more impressive than any amount of bought championships.

I was gonna get you some grapes to go with that but they're probably sour and bitter

I think it's funny that people are mad at the yankees for doing whatever it takes to win. People should be more upset with the likes of the pirates.

+10000000000

its even funnier when it comes fro Brewers fans

One small point is that baseball management is a business.

The Yankees can be compared to Wal-Mart and small market teams to mom and pop stores.

The Yankees put a high priced product on the market and sell tickets. About 4 million tickets a year. Some tickets as much as $2500 per game.

Just check how much attendence in small markets increases during that weekend series when the Yankees come to town.

They also have their own TV division (YES) that promotes their product.

They also pay a luxury tax to the small market teams every year because they overspend on salaries.

The Yankees spend a lot of money every year and make a lot of money each year. Thsi is "capitalism" and is one of the foundations of the American system. Is it fair? Just as fair as the operation of Microsoft, IBM etc. Does Bill Gates hire the best at outrageous salaries?

They don't win every year but I don't see how you can fault them for doing business the "American" way.

Do they have revenue sharing for TV in baseball? do the yanks have to share their cable money with other teams like in football? please advise

Do they have revenue sharing for TV in baseball? do the yanks have to share their cable money with other teams like in football? please advise

Only network revenue (ESPN, TBS, Fox) is shared. The Yankees don't share money they get in their cable contract.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the fans of the small market teams hate the Yankees, but the owners love them. They line there pockets with huge amounts of revenue sharing dollars that the Yankees give them and then don't put it back into their teams to make them more competitive. Fact is, without the Yankee money, small market teams probably would have folded years ago!