[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hakeem Nicks to replace Manningham?

grobert81

I watched the entire game last week and if I recall correctly Manningham flat out sucked. The guy dropped a lot of passes and failed to get open in several situations where he could have. I saw, on the other hand, a pretty effective Nicks being underutilized. Now I know Eli likes to spread the ball around. But Steve Smith and Manningham didn't have nearly as much presence on the field as Nicks did last week. The guy made his biggest play off the hands of a pop fly ball and has scored a TD in every game for the past 4 games. If that doesn't say "Hey QB throw me the ball more!" then I don't know what does.

Not saying he will overtake Manningham as the secondary favorite target. But, its definately a possibility based on what I saw. I think Eli is going to watch the game tapes and realize he's missing opportunities by not getting him the ball. I'd expect a decent outting this weak and a lot more tosses in his direction.

Hakeem Nicks 80 yards, target 7

Mario Manningham 47 yards, target 8

Steven Smith 69 yards, target 9

He was the lowest WR target for the Giants in week 7 and he had the best yards. The numbers speak for themselves.

Well about 60 of Nicks yards and TD came on the fluke play where he caught the tip by DRC.

If you look at it differently, you could say that things are going right for Nicks.......Giants have to take advantage of it and give him more chances....

If you look at it differently, you could say that things are going right for Nicks.......Giants have to take advantage of it and give him more chances....

I better go get Braylon then, as he caught a pass from Sanchez and didn't drop them all...

Smith is drawing extra attention now. He's a great route runner but teams are trying to jam/disrupt him now. Manningham's dropped TD last week might be enough to finally push Nicks into the starting lineup. If not now, when?

If the EAgles go blitz-happy this week, who will benefit the most? I'd think Smith would win more one-on-one battles than anyone...

Smith is drawing extra attention now. He's a great route runner but teams are trying to jam/disrupt him now. Manningham's dropped TD last week might be enough to finally push Nicks into the starting lineup. If not now, when?

If the EAgles go blitz-happy this week, who will benefit the most? I'd think Smith would win more one-on-one battles than anyone...

Actually I think Hicks is their best one on one WR in terms of catching a short 1 - 5 yds pass and extending the play (YAC). Hicks is the one they seem to throw the WR screen to. He is the biggest of the three and can break tackles and is just as fast if not faster. I don't know what Manningham runs now but at the combines didn't he run like a 4.6 on the 40? Where Hicks ran a 4.49 on the 40. I would personally throw a little more timing routes to get the ball out of Mannings hands faster and run more to neutralize the eagles pass rush/blitzes.

Actually I think Hicks is their best one on one WR in terms of catching a short 1 - 5 yds pass and extending the play (YAC). Hicks is the one they seem to throw the WR screen to. He is the biggest of the three and can break tackles and is just as fast if not faster. I don't know what Manningham runs now but at the combines didn't he run like a 4.6 on the 40? Where Hicks ran a 4.49 on the 40. I would personally throw a little more timing routes to get the ball out of Mannings hands faster and run more to neutralize the eagles pass rush/blitzes.

Not trying to be a Richard, but your analysis might taken more seriously if you spelled the player's name correctly.

Hicks may have a chance to prove his worth as a starter as soon as this week....Manningham's hurt, per KFFL:

Giants | Manningham injured Thursday

Comment (0)

Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:42:52 -0700

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports New York Giants WR Mario Manningham (shoulder) injured his shoulder at the end of practice Thursday, Oct. 29, and is now questionable for Week 8.

Hicks may have a chance to prove his worth as a starter as soon as this week....Manningham's hurt, per KFFL:

Giants | Manningham injured Thursday

Comment (0)

Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:42:52 -0700

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports New York Giants WR Mario Manningham (shoulder) injured his shoulder at the end of practice Thursday, Oct. 29, and is now questionable for Week 8.

Hey no problem, I just have Moss and Ochocinco on a bye this week. :wacko:

I was debating about throwing Manningham or Nicks into my flex spot but I think I'm going to avoid the situation and just use D. Jackson. It'll be nice to see what Nicks does if he gets the start. Could be a big test to see what the rook looks like for later in the year.

I had Manningham earlier in the season, but dropped him to clear roster space to cover for other areas during bye weeks. I saw him when the Giants rolled KC and he couldn't hold on to anything. Looks like his butter-fingers surfaced again vs. Arizona. As for Nicks, I was able to pick him up a few weeks ago. He's more athletic and a better WR in my opinion. Whether he starts getting more targets remains to be seen, but I think he'll be the better WR in the years to come.

Huddle Reporting that Manningham is out and Hixon will start in his place?? Where is that coming from? Hixon has been seeing progressively less and less time at WR and has been almost entirely relegated to kick return duty.

I'm hoping that the Huddle, like many others around here are confusing Nicks and Hixon.

Huddle Reporting that Manningham is out and Hixon will start in his place?? Where is that coming from? Hixon has been seeing progressively less and less time at WR and has been almost entirely relegated to kick return duty.

I'm hoping that the Huddle, like many others around here are confusing Nicks and Hixon.

Hixon has more time with the starters...I'd still expect a healthy dose of Nicks, and expect a Giants rookie WR record to fall today. No rookie WR for the Giants has ever had more than 16 receptions... until today.

Game Day: Giants (5-2) at Eagles (4-2) »

BY RALPH VACCHIANO

11:38 a.m. - - So much for Mario Manningham being “good to go.” He is now officially out of today’s game.

The other inactives for the Giants are WR Ramses Barden, CB Aaron Ross (hammy), RB Gartrell Johnson, LB Michael Boley (knee), C Adam Koets, T Guy Whimper, and DT Chris Canty (calf).

Also, RB Brian Westbrook (concussion) is officially out for the Eagles.

Domenik Hixon will be back in the starting lineup in place of Manningham, by the way.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/#ixzz0Vd2c3hu2

Hixon has more time with the starters...I'd still expect a healthy dose of Nicks, and expect a Giants rookie WR record to fall today. No rookie WR for the Giants has ever had more than 16 receptions... until today.

So you expect the Giants to pass like crazy? Predictions are that Philly will do likewise absent Westy and the fact that Reid calls passes more than any other HC, so could this be a major barnburner? Seems kinda weird to be talking this way about a Giants - Eagles game.