[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Brett Favre poll made me put together my top 10 list.

MustOfBeenDrunk

4 rings and big performances in big games carry alot of weight for me personally

Huh, Aikman has 3 rings and a 10-1 record in the postseason.

Everyone talks about Dallas' D and Emmitt in those years. How many rings you think Bradshaw would've won without the Curtain?

Yeah, but he played a good chunk of his career pre-1978, that really skews the numbers downward.

Good point

By a country mile.

Ok. Why?

Yes. If I had to have a cowboy QB on my team it would Dandy Don.

Merideth over Stauback? Stauback makes this list for me. Stauback was freakin incredible. Best Dallas QB of all time, not even close. Namath does not. Sonny Jurgenson makes it too. Mention goes to Jones of the Colts, but is in the next tier with Namath. I'd drop Bradshaw too... he was very good, but he wasn't THE reason the Steelers won all those super bowls. Those Steeler teams had SO much talent from the O line to the defense, it was silly. Right place, right time for Bradshaw.

The best I ever saw? I'd have to go with Unitas.

Ok. Why?

Because Aikman was a stiff. Kelly, I put a notch above Bradshaw & Aikman in the technical aspect of the game. But both Kelly & Bradshaw I put way above Aikman simply because, as a fan, they were a lot more fun to watch & I think they had more heart for the game. Simply said, Aikman was a stiff. As others have said I'd put Staubach above Aikman as well.

Troy Aikman very well might be the most accurate quarterback to ever play this game. That said, I believe his inability to improvise would have cost him dearly if he had to play with lesser players around him. I wouldn't call him a system quarterback, but certainly a product of his environment. One of the best offensive lines ever, one of the best running backs ever, one of the best receivers ever, and one of the best pass-catching TE's ever. Aikman was good, nobody is going to deny that, but it is a little difficult to tell whether or not he was truly "special". I had him at #10 on my list I believe, but he lacked the playmaking ability to be ranked any higher.

Edited by Seahawks21

I still say as far as an all around QB there has never been a better QB than Elway. He had absolutely no talent on 3 of the 5 superbowls he went to on either offense or defense. Before Shanny finally brought in some talent on offense he was throwing to Ricky Natiel, Jackson and Johnson. Receivers that have never been on anyone's list of great or even good players. His RB was Sammy Winder.......yeah unless your a Bronco fan you probably never heard of him.

Elway did everything he could to make his team win. From an amazing arm, to breaking tackles, to making people miss while the pocket collapsed, to running for a first down.....whatever it took I can't think of a superbowl team in recent memory that had less talent the the first 3 Elway went to. He never really had consistent huge passing numbers or long strings of 4 TD games in a row. He just won. Never has there been a better QB coming from behind than Elway. Reeves always had such a conservative approach to the offense that they were usually down and Reeves had no choice but to unleash Elway.

Elway never threatened retirement and never held out for more money at Denver. Numerous times he offered to renegotiate his contract so they could bring in additional talent to the team. He was a big reason why Sharpe and Rod Smith were so successful in their careers. Absolutely great QB who did more with less than any QB ever.

(FYI I'm a Denver homer and thus my opinion is tainted. But I stand by my comments)

Because Aikman was a stiff. Kelly, I put a notch above Bradshaw & Aikman in the technical aspect of the game. But both Kelly & Bradshaw I put way above Aikman simply because, as a fan, they were a lot more fun to watch & I think they had more heart for the game. Simply said, Aikman was a stiff. As others have said I'd put Staubach above Aikman as well.

My bad. I did'nt know we were ranking them on entertainment value. :wacko:

as far as heart for the game...watch an interview with Irvin or any of Aikman's teammates and hear them describe what Troy was like when he did'nt play well or a wr made a mistake. No idea where the ' heart for the game' comment comes from at all. We can disagree about whether he was a great qb or not, but that line is ludicrous IMO.

My bad. I did'nt know we were ranking them on entertainment value. :wacko:

as far as heart for the game...watch an interview with Irvin or any of Aikman's teammates and hear them describe what Troy was like when he did'nt play well or a wr made a mistake. No idea where the ' heart for the game' comment comes from at all. We can disagree about whether he was a great qb or not, but that line is ludicrous IMO.

Don't get your Cowboy homer panties in a wad. This is MY top 10, I couldn't care less if anybody else agrees or not. These are my favorite QBs, or did you not notice Brees & Archie included? I like Bradshaw & Kelley over Aikman, if I had my own franchise I would prefer either of them before even considering Aikman. If you want to call it personal preference then be my guest, but I seriously doubt any NFL "expert" would say it's ludicrous to pick either of them over Aikman.

Dan Fouts was the QB that ushered in the modern era of the NFL passing attack. If there had actually been a defense in San Diego I am sure he would have had a ring or two.

He is also the only QB to make Ditka's toughest NFL player list. :wacko:

I still say as far as an all around QB there has never been a better QB than Elway. He had absolutely no talent on 3 of the 5 superbowls he went to on either offense or defense.

On offense, you can make the argument that the best he had around him were journeymen.

Those mid/late 80s Den DEFENSES has some pretty damn solid talent - Mecklenberg, D Smith, and Atwater are all borderline HoF talents. Rulon Jones, Greg Kragen, Tom Jackson, and Simon Fletcher were all above-average talents at their positions.

Don't get your Cowboy homer panties in a wad. This is MY top 10, I couldn't care less if anybody else agrees or not. These are my favorite QBs, or did you not notice Brees & Archie included? I like Bradshaw & Kelley over Aikman, if I had my own franchise I would prefer either of them before even considering Aikman. If you want to call it personal preference then be my guest, but I seriously doubt any NFL "expert" would say it's ludicrous to pick either of them over Aikman.

Not wadded just debating. I believe I said "ludicrous" to you about Aikman not having heart.

I still say as far as an all around QB there has never been a better QB than Elway. He had absolutely no talent on 3 of the 5 superbowls he went to on either offense or defense. Before Shanny finally brought in some talent on offense he was throwing to Ricky Natiel, Jackson and Johnson. Receivers that have never been on anyone's list of great or even good players. His RB was Sammy Winder.......yeah unless your a Bronco fan you probably never heard of him.

Elway did everything he could to make his team win. From an amazing arm, to breaking tackles, to making people miss while the pocket collapsed, to running for a first down.....whatever it took I can't think of a superbowl team in recent memory that had less talent the the first 3 Elway went to. He never really had consistent huge passing numbers or long strings of 4 TD games in a row. He just won. Never has there been a better QB coming from behind than Elway. Reeves always had such a conservative approach to the offense that they were usually down and Reeves had no choice but to unleash Elway.

Elway never threatened retirement and never held out for more money at Denver. Numerous times he offered to renegotiate his contract so they could bring in additional talent to the team. He was a big reason why Sharpe and Rod Smith were so successful in their careers. Absolutely great QB who did more with less than any QB ever.

(FYI I'm a Denver homer and thus my opinion is tainted. But I stand by my comments)

I'm a KC homer and absolutely HATE the Broncos and Elway.

But you are right. He was great.

(F'n horse-toothed ingrate) (Elway, not you)

That I've seen (38 y/o):

1. Aikman

2, Staubach

3. P. Manning

4. Montana

5. Fouts

6. Marino

7. Favre

8. Young

9. Brady

10. Warner

Plunkett gets an honorable mention.

The problem here Club.... is that you only go to or watch cowboy games. So your list really can't be counted. :oldrazz:

The problem here Club.... is that you only go to or watch cowboy games. So your list really can't be counted. :oldrazz:

Ha! More accurate Club list:

1 - Aikman

2 - Staubach

3 - Danny White

4 - Tony Romo

5 - Steve Pelleur

6 - Quincy Carter

7 - Gary Hogeboom

8 - Phil Simms (hey, he played against the Cowboys!)

9 - Kevin Sweeney

10 - Steve Walsh

Ha! More accurate Club list:

1 - Aikman

2 - Staubach

3 - Danny White

4 - Tony Romo

5 - Steve Pelleur

6 - Quincy Carter

7 - Gary Hogeboom

8 - Phil Simms (hey, he played against the Cowboys!)

9 - Kevin Sweeney

10 - Steve Walsh

I can see that. Though White is a bit low. :wacko:

Heck, I'd put Ken Anderson tops in that category as well.

A little before my time, although I have heard some pretty blushing comments from Bill Walsh. I shouldn't have stated it the way I did. Troy Aikman is probably the most accurate quarterback I have witnessed. Thats is probably a better way to put it. I just assumed most of the older quarterbacks weren't as accurate.